Another Magpul PTS AEG (name & model not released yet)

thatguy

From airsoft-news.eu:

Magpul PTS: Magpul PTS AEG (Deluxe Version) Update

Magpul PTS will be cooperating with Systema as supplier of gearboxes and internal part. Also, announcement of new AEG (name of the model is not released yet) is worth mentioning:

In the past few years, Magpul Professional Training and Simulation Division had introduced a series of unique design accessories to the Airsoft market, including PTS M4/M16 Airsoft standard magazine with Magpul Ranger, PTS version MIAD Grip, PTS version Magpul Ranger for M4/M16 Hi Cap magazine, PTS version Enhanced Trigger Guard, PTS version CTR, etc. All these accessories are very popular in the market.

In our continuing effort to achieve our ultimate goal of producing high standard products for our valuable and premier customers, I am pleased to announce that Magpul Professional Training & Simulation Division is planning to put our own unique design AEG into production soon. Meanwhile, Systema Co., the renowned and reputable manufacturer in the market with great professional expertise in the production of Training Weapons, airsoft gun gear box and upgrade parts, would become our major partner in the provision of gear box and internal parts solutions. In future, all our Deluxe Version AEG and Training Weapons will use Systema Mecha-Box and internal parts. I am confident that with the closer co-operation between Systema Co and us, this can greatly enhance our product quality and ensure that each and every Magpul PTS AEG and Training Weapon is of superb quality for all of our prestigious customers.

Regards

Magpul Professional Training & Simulation Division (Magpul PTS)

MASADA PLEASE!

Yes. But the key here is that the release mentions "AEGs and Training Weapons". I wonder if there will be a Masada PTW ($1400 anybody?).

But I would presume that the first product released would be more of these - http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...-AC_srch_magpul - with Systema Gearboxes.

I have no idea who made the gearbox in the one in the link.

I would pay anything to have a Magpul PDR that worked with m4/m16 mags!

Wow, yet another cute little gun from Magpul! These guy's just know how to build guns that look... cool and cute at the same time. I actually love the styling on this new one, which is yet another Magpul prototype I've never seen. Well, if Magpul is going to be offering far end premium guns with systema parts, I think i'm going to have to pick one of these up for my birthday...

If the MASADA is based on the Systema PTW's gearbox, boy not many people would be able to afford unless they sell off some of thier collection. Yet, I do like to see this happening, but for now I'll just assume it's not a PTW base (prepare for the worst, hope for the best).

It's Masada. Few moths ago Magpul anounced that they are going to produce Masada kits for Systema PTW's.

1+1= Magpul masada with PTW internals.

Umm, sorry there was no proof of this, please if you have documented info about it please post it, but this was never announced. I call BS.

Also keep in mind that news announcement doesn't formally say it uses the PTW gearbox, just Systema gearboxes. Systema makes complete gearboxes and this is something they might be providing.

Magpul wants to sell these things, and given how much of a floundering product the PTW has been it makes more financial sense to go with a V2 based Systema gearbox. And based on that video that's a V2 based gun, not a PTW. Considering the time to re-design a gun to make it work for another mechbox I doubt they're just switch over without a considerable hit to R&D.

Mike kindly sent news straight from Taiwan regarding Magpul's Masada project. Masada is sometimes described as "SCAR killer" and is one of the contenders for title of the best next generation rifle:

Attached are MASADA's files for real gun. if you need more information of MASADA real gun plz visit Magpul's web site.

This news is from STW (Taiwan Company, Makes lot of multicam equipments) company manager "CYP". He just came back form USA shotshow. Magpul's personell told us some very shock[ing] news.

Magpul MASADA is planning to develop body Kit for airsoft! Motor and gearbox set won't be include[d], apply GEN2 gear box(M16,M4A1,MP5 type). Magpul will develop two type bodies, one is 5.56mm type (for M16 magazine), another one will be 7.62mm type (for AK47 magazine).

Ok my mistake. It did really say ver.2 gearbox.

But topic says Magpul PTW: Masada body kit. My memory tricked me :unsure:

I think people confuse PTS with PTW, when in reality I think systema is supplying their pre-built reinforced V2 gearboxes for the project. Masada wants to MAKE money, so the PTW gearbox and parts is a bad choice. Especially when mags cost so much for the PTWs.

Well, taken the amount of effort, or the lack of the be precise, it takes to take a RS reciever and put it on a systema PTW It would make sence to make a MASADA PTW. Also If Magpul wants in on the profesional training and simulation marked it will be the right way to go. Screw the general airsoft marked, the right thing to aim for and the big bucks are with military contracts.

On top of this, the airsofters that will buy the MASADA kit are those willing to spend large sums on their weapons. The common airsofter will not be able to affort the kit anyway, so again it make better sence to have systema providing PTW systems for the weapons.

But like others, I fear it will only be another lame M4, fittet with a systema compleate ver.II mecha box. But I really, Really, REALLY hope that it will be a MASADA PTW. I don't care if the price tag reads 1500$, I whant one!

Eeeh, there has been no real use of PTW's for training purposes. I know of Guard Units that use "normal" airsoft guns for training purposes. They wont make jack $$ by making it a PTW.

Completely agreed. Eel one, I hear your logic, but it's pretty flawed due to the fact that Systema in 3 years couldn't make the product a hit, I seriously doubt Magpul would jump on a capsized ship with their product.

Also it's not so easy to just fit in a new gearbox, as this would require new CAD drawings and obviously re-tooling for what must be a product that is fairly far along in it's dev cycle.

hmm... I was under the impression that the MASADA was in production and that the US had addopted it... Well I was wrong, and with that detail in mind, my arguments craches. But I belive there is a military/LE marked for PTW's and it all has to do with creating the marked, however that is another discusion that does not belong here.

I do not agree on PTW's not selling, I see more and more people showing op with them both at milsim events and at normal sunday skirmishes. The argument most people have for buying them are reliability and consistancy and I must admit that they do shoot very well. But perhaps that observation has to do with the averige age of the active airsofter in Denmark due to legal restrictions.

Again the PTW is not a success in the MIL/LE world, and really isn't even a failure, it's just non-existant, it did that poorly. It's a reliable gun, but not accurate or cheap to operate. Again I think this point is moot, I'm going to say that most likely it's a V2 based gun.

I agree with most of what titleist is saying but there's one thing that i need to point out.

We all have to remember here that magpul frequents a different world than we do. While they are an extremely and i mean EXTREMELY intelligent and well put together company they really only have their fingers on the pulse of one market, real steel.

They may have bought into the hype that systema threw their way. They may also have taken a cursory look at the market, checked out the most expensive product, ie systema's ptws, and decided well hell, if THEY can do it, why cant we? I hope they didnt make these mistakes but i honestly dont know at this point. They're not airsofters, they're real steel aficionados, they may be THAT ignorant. I really hope not.

Now, having said that, if a magpul masada PTW comes out i will be buying one so fast its not even funny. I am a huge masada fanboy and i really hate to admit that. The guns not even out yet, its never been tested and i havent even held the damned thing. Something about the gun just screams "neat" to me.

Maybe magpul knows something that we dont. It would seem that the profit margins for a PTW may be higher than a conventional AEG considering the systema PTW line of guns has yet to be cloned to chinasoft. I would imagine the likes of CA, TM and VFC are losing a decent amount of money now that china is ripping off their hard work.

Going back to my comment about ignorance, Magpul may be more educated than we think. They may be aware of this situation and opt to go for a product that has yet to be cloned and probably wont be cloned.

The one thing that scares me about a masada PTW is that i wouldnt be surprised if they cost two grand. If they do indeed cost that much money im not getting one, no way in hell. A standard real steel masada is going to be around 1400 MSRP when they're released. A real AR15 can be purchased for about 650. Yes i am aware that they dont directly correlate but indirectly, they do because they deal with tooling costs. You would also have to factor in the cost of licensing the PTW mechbox and design for the masada.

Having spoken to the Magpul team and basicaly they know the airsoft market. The weapon they will release will not be a PTW but will use Systema internals and is aimed at skirmishes. (The team heading up the airsoft side do actualy play).

I don't know the full details but I think we will first see a complete version of the Magpul M4 experimental carbine first with full Systema internals as a package.

As for the MASADA, well one can hope that it's a PTW but its a long long way off.

I somehow have to think that any company taking such a venture as this(to have a new gun engineered for them) is going to do more than just look at what the highest price airsoft gun is, they must do research. I would honestly count on the drop in mechaboxes, or some variant. At they very least they are sticking with a consistently reliable aftermarket parts maker like systema.

EDIT: FarEast you beat me. But i thought they already have the experimental carbine released, it was shown on the wgc site not too long ago. If they have people playing airsoft then they should have some scope of what is going to sell and what isnt.

Archived