King Arms L1A1 SLR Pre-order

Kye

Correct it's full auto. But there's a SURPRISE....it seems PopularAirsoft.com got a sample of the King Arms and their gunsmith, bulletproofmike, has posted a sneak preview of the King Arms L1A1 at Youtube.com and it has a BLOWBACK feature.

Watch it here:

It's posted there that full review and takedown will be in the upcoming June 2008 issue of the Popular Airsoft Magazine.

I dunno if you like blowback features in your AEG, but King Arms has been quiet about what this replica features. The video looks sweet though and makes you want to get one. ;)

yeah, but is it SEMI auto...

cos if it aint, people should be gutted...

Some squaddies did apparently modify the L1A1 to fire full auto despite this being against reg's. If you're really bothered about full auto and can't be arsed to just keep it in semi, just ask the marshal to yell at you and put you on report for 'breaking reg's and modifying your gun'.

I thought L1A1 is semi-auto only weapon? If so, if KA SLR/L1A1 is select fire, it is not L1A1, tecnicaly. But rather FAL.

The thing is that New Zealand is only permitted with semi-auto airsoft guns. Any full auto airsoftguns are illegal, unless you have appropriate firearm license which is not easy to get and costs lot of money, if I'm not mistaken. I guess it was for airsofters in such countries to have more choices to get semi-auto AEGs other than Star SLR, and therefore those people expected KA L1A1 to be semiauto, which is not, will be kinda gutted to hear it.

I can vouch for that mate, I live in NZ and your right its all semi-auto only down here, the actual lisence that allows you to have full auto airsoft weaponary is just that you can own it but it is going to be a very expensive wall mount over your fire place.

Ive got the Star one and i cant complain, the king arms one yeah very nice and all but being full auto just doesnt do it.

semi is good i recon it adds a certain level of skill the games we have, not just a matter of spray the local area with BBs.

would be nice ot have MGs over here on full auto but they too have to be semi. :(

nah i think i will stick with getting a STAR SLR its semi only and thats how a SLR should be, yeah we know some squaddies changed em to full auto but i still prefer semi plus i have seen the star slr and shot and its a lovely weapon the blowback isnt needed.

The King Arms web page for the L1A1 HERE

It looks very nice indeed. As for the semi/full auto? Well I am a bit of purist about that kind of thing but if overall the King Arms take on the L1A1 turns out to be better than the STAR offering then I would go for the King Arms and I would simply not use the full auto feature if I was bothered about it.

:)

Serious question! Whats the point of Blowback feature on AEGs? I've never tried one, but does it actually give any noticeable recoil or is it simply the sound of the fake "bolt" going back and forth?

On the Army SA80, sound and noise of the bolt going back, recoil pretty minimal.

The "blowback" (a misnomer when referring to a gas operated rifle like the SLR or the L85) is simply a cosmetic feature to visually simulate the movement of the working parts. There will be no recoil as there has not been a projectile of sufficient mass fired down the barrel to create any.

Too bad i dont have cash for one but a wood kit would definatley look great on there.

well i know from what one of the clubs here in NZ do they all have the Star SLR and buy the actual wood kits from firearms shops you need to drill out the butt but the front grips go straight on. The pistol grip would be a bit of a problem as there is near to no space on the inside and if you drilled it out to acommodate the motor youd have a very very weak pistol grip.

ive found that the Star is very very smart and just feels right the only issues ive had with it were a couple of jams (due to small crappy batteries) and thats pretty much it shoots straight, shoots fast no complaints

It depends on how its different from the original KA FAL.

The KA FAL had no takedown latch, no quick disassembly to the barrel, and etc. It was also off dimension and light as a feather. It uses a v3 with a SIG motor and did not shoot straight out of the box.

The Star SLR has a semi-functional takedown latch, and with 2 screws and a pin later it can be disassembled to the barrel. It feels just as the real ones I have played with. It uses a custom V3 styled with an AK motor. Only issues with the star is the accuracy is affect by the 2 piece barrel, the crooked flash hider, the pot metal barrels and etc and the ###### motor.

The KA would have to vastly improve on their FAL to make it up to par with the Star SLR.

Archived