GHK AEG to GBBR kit for marui type ARs

paranoiddroid

Looks interesting, but only if it takes commonly available mags, WA or WE etc

I was thinking about getting into GBBR's after loving my KJW 10/22 sniper rifle, and this would be a good intro I guess.

Jim

According to the pictures Redwolf posted on their facebook, it looks like it takes proprietary mags:

402538_10150489538138950_17117533949_8640450_349775364_n.jpg

382595_10150489538213950_17117533949_8640452_1285245726_n.jpg

I would love to see some FPS ratings....

Along that route, I wonder what actually dictates the FPS? It's got a spring in it, same as an AEG, but surely it doesn't use that for the propulsion, just the recoil effect? Nah.. must be the gas selection.

I don't plan on buying one because I find GBBr mags to be nothing more than trouble and an enormous pain in the neck. On the bight side however, it looks like the box itself has fairly few moving parts, so I'd reckon it should be a bit more dependable in the long term than a standard GIM AR.

My guess is no on that one. I was wondering myself and given that there doesn't appear to be any sort of mechanism on the left side of the box in the areas of the bolt catch/release, it doesn't look likely. There's nothing on the magazine to activate one either.

That said, I think you may have to physically power stroke the weapon each time you reload in order to actually chamber a BB, otherwise the first trigger pull will likely produce nothing more than a puff of gas.

Bolt stop wise, I think the only thing could be that the mag follower looks really long, would that be able to hold the bolt back? only a shot in the dark...

The whole mech looks very simple, that link to the french website has some interesting photo's too.

they have a version on EBB for AK74 but a lot cheaper as well, that could be of interest with my son getting into AK's

Jim

Bolt stop wise, I think the only thing could be that the mag follower looks really long, would that be able to hold the bolt back? only a shot in the dark...

That'll just be to make sure it gets out all the beebs. There's nothing on this to interface with the actual catch on the side of the rifle, that particular control will remain a dummy, it's just that now the charging handle will actually do something (to my interpretation at least).

That's what the description on EBB says but I've no idea why. Looking at the 4 GHK and 7 G&P WA GBBr mags I have here, I'd be a bit surprised if they actually functioned correctly. I mean the gas route bucking is square for starters so that's not going to interface correctly, and the actual BB channel also protrudes a lot higher up on the new mag design they're showing, again I'd doubt the standard WA mags would actually feed the ammo in to the new hop unit that comes with this kit.

Yet another try in the gas market, atleast it looks better and seems to shoot decent. Win over madbulls conversion...

Ive developed deep hatred for anything using standard gas, so im interested in co2-usage and magazine prices. Bolt stop seems to be a no no, a shame.

• 10 months later...

Archived