Marui released the "DEVGRU" 416

Horsem4n

so they released the new 416 which is supposed to be a navy seal version. i cannot commentate to the accuracy of the setup as the stock and grip have been changed back to the old way 416s were on the airsoft market with a Tangodown grip and a standard crane stock.

it does however come with the AAC muzzle devices:

tm_aeg_ng_dev416_l.jpg

its also $616.

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=category&item=TM-AEG-NG-DEV416&search=special&rs=Electric%20Blowback%20Gun%20-%20EBB&catid=1&cat=901&view_choice=c

Wonder if FH will play ball with the PTS suppressor?  The one on my SCAR-L does (with a little bit of paint wear).

I feel I've got enough EBB rifles now but if I did have to choose I'd go for this version over the earlier 416.  It's obviously fairly close but there's a 1-pt sling attachment there already, I prefer the TD pistol grip and I'd not personally have any need for the 14.5" extension.  Wouldn't end up using the BUIS, VFG or Suppressor but they stll make for a nicer all round stock package I feel.

Now make the *fruitcage* Tavor.

My in-depth research (aka. having seen Zero Dark Thirty once) shows that everyone seemed to have a Magpul MOE stock anyway on their 416, it might just be Marui being creative as there is no where for the battery, and if they kept the original HK stock (which I think is really comfortable, but looks a bit bulky), then all they would have done is included an extra suppressor and some different iron sights.. harder to justify calling it a "new" model.. but I dunno... kinda want one now so I can front wire it to a PEQ to make the Zero Dark Thirty setup.. 

ZD30-Pstill-1.jpg

Still doesn't have full trades which is a shame. I love my tm 416 but I miss the receiver trades on the right.

Wrong flash hider and 'wrong' suppressor.

Hopefully the cqd rear sling plate becomes available separately.

I tries putting a tm recoil sopmod crane stock on my 416 and the wobble is astonishing. I assume this one doesn't have that.

I'm no expert, but wasn't the H&K redesigned stock supposed to be an improvement over the standard sliding stocks available? Why would a unit fork out for 416's only to strip off design features?

H&K is really quite well known for their :We are the engineers; we ask the questions; we know the answers" and at times their ergonomic improvements are a dubious at best.

There are so many stocks out there because everyone has a different idea of how they want the rifle to feel.

The knowledge is available online, this configuration is how they are issued - or at least were at one point. Personally, the SOPMOD is the better stock IMO and the folding KAC Micro sights are vastly better than the HK rotary style. If I were looking for a 416, this would be hands down the version to get. Ultra reliability, authentic operation, and plenty of FPS and range for CQB.

Archived