ARES/"Cayote" ''G2" SMG

AG1212

An interesting AEG resembling a popular RS SMG has surfaced called the "G2 Assault Rifle" by Cayote airsoft, suspected to be Ares. 

Pictures of its internals can be found here, look like Amoeba internals: http://imgur.com/a/6xSM4 and https://imgur.com/gallery/AxdBN#ErayIgF

Many people have been posting pictures of theirs online, but have been very tight-lipped

According to a reddit moderator: 

Consumers themselves are having action threatened against them, let alone a deluge of questions.

And literal stores are receiving mass phone calls from legal teams.

Not to contribute to any conspiracies, but the facts of the matter are:

1. Generally people can't get ahold of one unless they are in the right place at the right time.

2. There is a colossal mess surrounding these guns, especially after Popular airsoft posted the pictures that the Russian blog lifted from Thai consumers.

People seem to be buy them from a Japanese yahoo auctioneer called "mongkok_airsoft", their store can be found: https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsearch/closedsearch?p=coyote%20airsoft

Many may be upset at people divulging information like this, but I think airsoft ought to be less esoteric, and if *that certain manufacturer's* lawyers really are threatening stores and consumers this should be public record.

EDIT: Two videos online of the G2

https://youtu.be/qKBIbHOtIOY

https://youtu.be/I0Q5PlRn80s

260$ before auction fees and shipping, payment fees. So combined, you are looking same as the krytac which is due next month

Interesting. Somebody who is a fan of this design buy one and let us know

I understand lawyers contacting manufacturers and shops, but actual customers... well, I don't think it's nice of them

Yeah, that's a bit much. I can understand why they're miffed (LESS THAN HALF THE PRICE) but still.

260$ before auction fees and shipping, payment fees. So combined, you are looking same as the krytac which is due next month

Interesting. Somebody who is a fan of this design buy one and let us know

I love mine tbh. $200 vs the $520 of the Krytac for all the same features.

I was still going to buy the Krytac for the performance monster it looks to be but this Coyote one has totally surpassed my stock AEG expectations.

wait.. 520? its like 450 with free shipping.

and where do you get one of these for 200? whats your final cost? because if its like 300 its totally no questions asked buy

What he said :lol: quite interested to know since the Krytac is awfully out of my budget and the A&K looks to be a bit "meh" and more expensive

In adition, vorpalbunnie, are they selling mags? how much are they? how many BBs do midcaps hold?

Thanks for the info

and where do you get one of these for 200? whats your final cost? because if its like 300 its totally no questions asked buy

In Japan (where whoever is aiming to sell the ARES is targeting) the KRYTAC is about 60,000 (MSRP: 62,800) but I do see some shops with it at 58,000.

Apparently stores in Thailand have this G2 selling for an unbelievable $180. 

I received mine from a friend in HK that saw one while roaming. It was about 250? I had him get me some other parts too.

Its actually from Ares? When they told me so, I didn't believe them. Now, I wish I got this instead of the Amoeba M4.

I don't know. All signs point to yes given the internal structure but it may have been contracted. We do know that brands like to share factories sometimes. But everything inside the gearbox screams ARES, and the body is similar polymer to my Striker S1.

What he said :lol: quite interested to know since the Krytac is awfully out of my budget and the A&K looks to be a bit "meh" and more expensive

In adition, vorpalbunnie, are they selling mags? how much are they? how many BBs do midcaps hold?

Thanks for the info

Yeah the A&K looks *fruitcage* awful, especially in person! Magazines are about $30 each I heard. Each gun comes with 2 midcaps, 1 short and 1 long. Long one is 125rds and the short one is 55. Both have quite strong springs mind you, BBs travel almost a meter when releasing them at a friend  :D

Shill for my post: https://www.reddit.com/r/airsoft/comments/6kr9oa/a_new_challenger_appears_the_coyote_g2_assault/

In Japan (where whoever is aiming to sell the ARES is targeting) the KRYTAC is about 60,000 (MSRP: 62,800) but I do see some shops with it at 58,000.

I just saw one of these yesterday in a shop in Japan.  It was 39,990 yen.  Roughly $360 USD.  It was labelled as an ARES gun, with made in China stickers in 3 different spots.  It only came with one magazine.  A hi-cap that held 200 bb's.  The shop didn't have any other magazines for it either and they wouldn't let me take any pictures.  The polymer felt ok and it seemed like a decent enough gun, but not one that I wanted, I did get a CA M132 and couldn't justify getting 2 guns at the same time.(wife would have killed/left me)

I just saw one of these yesterday in a shop in Japan.  It was 39,990 yen.  Roughly $360 USD.  It was labelled as an ARES gun, with made in China stickers in 3 different spots.  It only came with one magazine.  A hi-cap that held 200 bb's.  The shop didn't have any other magazines for it either and they wouldn't let me take any pictures.  The polymer felt ok and it seemed like a decent enough gun, but not one that I wanted, I did get a CA M132 and couldn't justify getting 2 guns at the same time.(wife would have killed/left me)

Are you sure it was this one and not a mis-labelled A&K? All of my sources have said that High Caps aren't available yet. The manual doesn't list them either (but lists other future accessories such as rails).

Ok, that's it! Thanks, Vopalbunnie! I am ordering one this week. Its going for 6500 baht in Thailand.

I am leaning towards China made unless I really like that item from the branded company. The quality of these are getting seriously good.

I thought it would have been likely it was S&T too, but beyond the G36 that s&t makes for Umarex, I haven't seen another gun from them with a MOSFET.

And, it's no longer clear who's making the proline g36s for Umarex.

• 2 weeks later...

450? that is only for the US.

you might want to change the $ to € and slap at least another 100€ to that price to have a good idea what EU customers will have to pay.

NeoVeNoM, on 19 Jul 2017 - 5:32 PM, said:NeoVeNoM, on 19 Jul 2017 - 5:32 PM, said:

450? that is only for the US.

you might want to change the $ to € and slap at least another 100€ to that price to have a good idea what EU customers will have to pay.

That is something you need to address with your government then. and your retailers.  but I see why even with all the fees and what not the non licensed copy is cheaper. 

• 1 month later...

Archived