G&P TANK

Utty

personally i hate he whole 'shorty/stubby/patriot' look of an m4

i think it just looks silly.

although i would really like to see a retractable stock similar to an mp5 stock for an M4 (preferable without a buffer tube which i know is not realistic but there you go) or even a wire stock like that but again with no buffer tube.

EDIT - yes i agree the title is ridiculous MODS please alter the titel to something more fitting.

Its a vast improvement on that stubby killer abomination, but it doesn't flick my switch.

My thought exactly.

you're page title is horribly misleading and got me stupidly excited only to be dissappointed when said "tank" had no tracks and was in fact yet another armalite variant :P lol

In the world of airsoft, the fact that "TANK" actually refers to yet another armalite variant cannot possibly come as any kind of surprise ever. ;)

Anyway, you whiners, here's your tank. :P

These are *fruitcage*in awesome. I love how the first one comes with deans and is designed for lipo battery.

Pretty much all of G&Ps guns, especially the ones with collapsible stocks, come wired for Deans. Even though it's "wired for lipo" I'm skeptical as to whether or not it could handle the ROF that accompanies a lipo.

Personally, as a back up gun, I don't mind the wire stock version. One of my Sniper friends uses a MP7 for his back up. This might be too big for a sniper's back up... or maybe not.

Pretty much all of G&Ps guns, especially the ones with collapsible stocks, come wired for Deans. Even though it's "wired for lipo" I'm skeptical as to whether or not it could handle the ROF that accompanies a lipo.

Personally, as a back up gun, I don't mind the wire stock version. One of my Sniper friends uses a MP7 for his back up. This might be too big for a sniper's back up... or maybe not.

Heh, most AEGs can handle lipos - they do come in a variety of voltages and discharge rates.

I'm a huge hater of armalites, except those tiny CQB midget ones - even better, patriots. The wire stock one is just a patriot with a wire coat hanger. Yummy! :D

The crane stock one is basically just like the CA CQB, which is cool, but the wire stock one is different.

QFT. Those things are just bad. I don't see the usefulness in them anyway. They can't be very solid at all. Who ever likes those things is seriously *fruitcage*ed up.

What can I say, I had a difficult childhood. :lol:

I think the wire stocked AR was supposed to remotely resemble the M231 Port Firing Weapon.

If that is really what G&P were trying to do by calling it Tank.

That being said, the M231 was a horribly designed weapon in my opinion. No proper sights, only full auto, muzzle rise was rampant due to full auto, and the barrel got very hot, very fast.

My thoughts Kirby.

The M231 wasn't meant to be used outside of a Bradley hence the lack of sights (and stock too in the final version), it is said that it lacks stock and sights to discourage soldiers from using the shorter lighter M231 instead of their M16s, I guess the M231 may be good enough to be used with firing ports.

Back to the G&P Tank, I like the looks in some way, but it's too much fantasy for my taste.

is G&P really that bad? im seriously considering ordering one!

They have major compatability issues with anyone elses stuff, and their products often break easily. If you have a G&P item it often will only work with G&P products (for example, a CA hop won't work in a G&P body).

Whether G&P is right and everyone else wrong isnt the point...problem is that theyre the oddballs!

Gah!! :o I can't freakin' believe it! G&P must have psychic spies!

A mere 1 month ago I was thinking of finally getting an M4 and the first Tank model shown was is exactly what I was going to build. Based off a JG stubby killer with a Madbull short patriot front kit (kept the free float rail though), same wire stock, and same pistol grip.

Wow... that just kinda freaks me out a bit that G&P made the exact gun I was thinking of building :lol:

Just goes to show that no matter what crazy combination of parts you dream up, no Armalite can ever be truly unique.

I like the look of this as an AR pistol, but for those people who will buy this and throw a m16 length rail kit on it (you know who you are), they will just completely defeat the purpose. As for G&P quality, I have never had any issues, I've used and abused them to no end, I did however break one of their metal bodies after falling on my rifle ontop of a big rock. G&P is far better than CA, so if you're looking for a short AR I would definatly get this.

Archived