RSOV: ACM Aimpoint T-1 Microdot

Utty

:o That's a pretty decent replica. The only external differences I can tell between this and my real T-1 is:

* the vertical/horizontal adjustment caps are a bit taller on the replica,

* the real steel doesn't have the Aimpoint logo along the top,

* replica is missing Intensity +/- marking on the brightness dial

* replica is missing the Micro T-1 + Serial Number marking on the lower left side... which essentially means this replica could pass for either a Micro T-1 or a Micro H-1

Internally, the 4 MOA on my real steel seems a bit bigger. I'm also really curious to know how bright the reticule is in full daylight, however if the rest of my Aimpoint Replicas are anything to go by, the replica Micro will probably be fine (unlike most Replica Eotech's which have a hard time in full daylight). Curious also about battery life (it's pretty hard to beat 50,000 hours (over 5 years) of constant operation from one CR2032 battery like my real deal has).

On the plus side, all these differences are SO very minor, that this looks like a great and affordable replica to a very expensive red dot. I'm hoping they make some low and high profile mounts for it like the LaRue Tactical ones.

The only thing I'd like to mention to people is that the Micros are VERY low profile when used with their included weaver mount. This is awesome for P90s, shotguns, and pistols, however on a flat top M4 I strongly recommend buying some kind of Quick Detach Mount base (like this one from EbayBanned) which will raise the Micro a 1/2". You still won't have a cowitness with your Iron Sights (you'll have to go with a taller weaver QD mount to do that), but it'll be easier to use / usable. I had to do that for both my T-1 and my Low profile LaRue Tactical Pride Fowler IronDot. ;)

This has been out on WGC for a while, and yes the trades are in the wrong place.

Still... for the price... that's basically 1/10th the price of the real one. Even I can't argue/fault with that much of a price savings. I'd rather buy this than a replica Eotech. ;)

Corps, that ARMS style mount is still going to leave the micro very low. Id say it will provide an upper 1/3rd cowitness which is less than ideal. You would need about a half inch or just a tad more in order to get an absolute co witness.

I would think the Larue or ADM mounts would work with the replica too considering its a fairly straight forward mounting process.

Corps, that ARMS style mount is still going to leave the micro very low. Id say it will provide an upper 1/3rd cowitness which is less than ideal. You would need about a half inch or just a tad more in order to get an absolute co witness.

I would think the Larue or ADM mounts would work with the replica too considering its a fairly straight forward mounting process.

Yeah, I suggested the ARMS style QD mount for flat top M4s simply to do two things: (1) make removal of the optic quicker, and (2) give the M4 user a slightly better sight line than if no additional mount was used at all. It definitely won't give you a cowitness, but just using the Micro on an M4 with no additional mount at all is nigh impossible to use.

Besides, for me 99% of the time my BUIS are there simply as back ups for a worst case scenario situation and folded away, so I'm not that fussed about a perfect cowitness. As you pointed out, trying to get a perfect cowitness using the Micro on an M4 requires a really tall mount that in my opinion kinda defeats the low profile aspect of the Micro and looks ... kinda ugly. ;)

Yeah, I suggested the ARMS style QD mount for flat top M4s simply to do two things: (1) make removal of the optic quicker, and (2) give the M4 user a slightly better sight line than if no additional mount was used at all. It definitely won't give you a cowitness, but just using the Micro on an M4 with no additional mount at all is nigh impossible to use.

Besides, for me 99% of the time my BUIS are there simply as back ups for a worst case scenario situation and folded away, so I'm not that fussed about a perfect cowitness. As you pointed out, trying to get a perfect cowitness using the Micro on an M4 requires a really tall mount that in my opinion kinda defeats the low profile aspect of the Micro and looks ... kinda ugly. ;)

I agree and disagree. The larue and ADM mounts put the optic no higher than say an ML3 or M4. It is weird though the way a t1 looks on an elevated mount. Its almost like a...weird growth or protrusion in the middle of the rifle body.

I agree and disagree. The larue and ADM mounts put the optic no higher than say an ML3 or M4. It is weird though the way a t1 looks on an elevated mount. Its almost like a...weird growth or protrusion in the middle of the rifle body.

Exactly. Hence my dislike of that particular aesthetic. I got a perfect cowitness ADM mount with my T-1. I like it's functionality and it's definitely practical, but looks wise, the micro is so tiny compared to the ML3 and M4 that when mounted on a high ADM or high LaRue mount ... it just feels disproportionate in size to the mount it's sitting on (to me at least). I'm thinking of buying the LaRue low rise Micro Mount... or just stick with my A.R.M.S. QD mount. :)

Archived