ARES M14 SOPMOD

aznriptide859

Caught this on eHobby's FB feed (yes, I'm a fan XD) last night:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aeg/ares-hong-k...oft-aeg-bk.html

Seems ARES has quietly remade the famed M14 SOPMOD (at least I was unaware of it). Good I guess for SOPMOD owners who need parts or something.

If this isn't new please delete, thanks.

Caught this on eHobby's FB feed (yes, I'm a fan XD) last night:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aeg/ares-hong-k...oft-aeg-bk.html

Seems ARES has quietly remade the famed M14 SOPMOD (at least I was unaware of it). Good I guess for SOPMOD owners who need parts or something.

If this isn't new please delete, thanks.

That gun has a pretty dang nice price!

i really hope they changed the motor on this one, the ultralong-shaft motor sucked beyond recognition ;)

had 2 of these in the past, 1 full auto only & 1 semi-only dmr (due to no selector switch). Both the motors died after about 3000-4000 shots & were near impossible to find (and i tried litterally every shop available ;) ). They were very nice to use (albeit bloody heavy), especially in cqb. The full auto one had a crazy ROF, even on a 9.6v battery (about 25 rps on the standard 310 fps spring) & the hop was stable as hell (and bloody hard to get to ;) )

Can you explain why you came to that conclusion? I have very little knowledge of the M14 EBR/SOCOM, but I would have pegged it as a SOCOM and not an EBR...

EBR (Enhanced Battle Rifle) Stock: Drop in stock for a regular M14

Mk14: A M14 with an EBR stock and a shortened outer barrel. (with PRI front sight and SEI Vortex flash hider)

SOPMOD: The gun fetured here; an M14 with a Troy Stock and new flashhider.

SOCOM: A regular M14 with a shorthered barrel and new flashhider.

EBR (Enhanced Battle Rifle) Stock: Drop in stock for a regular M14

Mk14: A M14 with an EBR stock and a shortened outer barrel. (with PRI front sight and SEI Vortex flash hider)

SOPMOD: The gun fetured here; an M14 with a Troy Stock and new flashhider.

SOCOM: A regular M14 with a shorthered barrel and new flashhider.

Thanks for the info, however wouldn't the new Ares be a Sopmod M14? (I meant Sopmod originally, but typed Socom, my apologies)

It's a "Troy sopmod" m14

a (airsoft) version 2 to be exact...

V1s were full auto only

V2 has full/semi and uses TM compatible gears...

I'm not sure why all the hoohah about it though? These have been instock at all the usual suspects for a long time...albeit in a box with a STAR sticker instead of an ARES sticker.... infact it hasn't been until recently that they seemed to start shifting with slashed prices on star products that most HK retailers been offering since the whole star/ares ordeal...

I know co's i (FINALLY) picked up the last SOPMOD WGC had when they cut the price to 250$ in the beginning of the month :D

Haven't had a chance to fire it yet, but the gun itself is impressive imho and exactly the sort of M14 i was after having tried regular stocked and EBR M14s...

I'm planning on doing a review, but i keep putting it off

Archived