UKSF Loadouts

Belladonna

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look 4 posts above yours, then try google....

Yeah I saw the picture that was 4 posts above mine and although they were holding Minimi's none of their RAV's looked to have any sort of MINIMI ammunition pouches. So I thought they might possibly have some sort of rig that they are not showing in the pics that they would run. And seeing as how Google didn't really give anything concrete other than PLCE I thought I would ask the question. But thanks for the wise-*albatross* response it was really helpful. Anyone have any real knowledge or information regarding this?

A lot of the guys are getting loose link ammo pouches and spare barrel pouches made up by a UK custom tactical gear maker if I remember correctly from other forums, other than that from the pictures I've seen nothing amazingly different with regards to gear. I could be completely wrong though.

I think that provided that you get the rest of the kit looking correct you can probably pretty much pick and choose you're primary - L119A1/SAW/HK416/HK417 etc etc, you may just need to change 1 or 2 pouches and you'll still be well within the relms of possiblity.

Many of the custom pouches are duel use - so will hold a few hundred rounds of link but are also shaped so that they can be used to hold M4/HK417 mags aswell. Also for what he's said the bulk of the things he makes for 'them' is in multicam and has been for quite a while.

I'l PM the guy who makes them and uploads the pictures to ask if I can repost them here for all our overseas forums users as the forum that they are on is a smaller UK forum.

This popped up on milphotos, it's 40 CDO loading up for a move from Bastion to FOB Jackson....except the fella second from the right is a bit out of place....(maybe RMP CP, but would a guy in his job be loading a chinook for a move like this?)

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee65/Scorchi0/19214.jpg

Why wouldnt he be loading like this? everyone helps to load.

Been on an SF trial this week. I can confirm that UKSF are changing from their RAVs to Paraclete Hard plate carriers with cummerbund(with side plates and blast protection). They are currently getting issued both but the thinking is that Paraclete heavy (what SF call the RAV) will soon be phased out.

Darkchild

Doesn't look particularly UKSF to me. More like "lots of generic UK kit with an L119 and a Pakol to make it Afghan relevant".

Funnily enough...

sasi24.jpg

Lots of camo´s and fairly generic looking aswell...

2nd bloke from the left has multicam trews.

@jkoyr

the pakol looks out of date. it´s like "afghan loadout needs an afghan hat" thing ;) as said above

details are missing but its looking good.

That was kind of my point. I know about that pic, have it saved somewhere, but the difference between his pics and that one is that they LOOK UKSF. He...doesn't, and it's probably the Pakol that does it.

Oh boy!

For a moment I thought I was missing a leg or something !

Pakol thrown out of the window :D

i disagree, uksf dont have to all look the same, they buy there own kit other than normal issue and use what the hell they like whether it is relevent to there surroundings or not.

as for the pakol, who gives a ###### lol, but every one has there own opinion ;)

To me it looks like a mix of Era's. I'd drop the Multicam (I'm not convinced that the guy in that picture is wearing it either, the cut and colours (Even if really dirty) don't look right on that image or the one I have saved locally). Grab some hiking trousers, a pair of Craghoppers would fit the bill nicely.

Dirty up (or krylon) the vest and you've a pretty good Qala-I-Jhangi loadout.

Of course the ultimate UKSF finishing touch is…

…DIRT!

Dirty, lived in looking kit really puts the finishing touch to it to me. I wanna see dirty airsofters!! Still has to be the right kit of course but new stuff just looks wrong.

Oh...and a beard. :P

On an not all together unrelated note…what plate carriers are Pathfinder units using currently? I’m out of the loop by several months and they’re not discussed that much on this thread and I can’t find a specific thread for them on Arnies.

My impression of what they might be sporting out there in the stan, def not the Task force Black look...

Missing my radio, and helmet/comms

markfort.jpg

It's not really a good photo, cos you don't see the gear but i ran outta space on the memory card for anymore photos sad.gif

On an not all together unrelated note…what plate carriers are Pathfinder units using currently? I’m out of the loop by several months and they’re not discussed that much on this thread and I can’t find a specific thread for them on Arnies.

I've seen Pathfinders wearing Osprey, Osprey assault, issued Blackhawk plate carrier, Warrior RICAS and one i saw wearing a paraclete. They dont get issued paraclete as they are NOT UKSF but i guess their SOPs are not very strict on personal equipment.

@Stirrat: if you lose the non tactical hydration tube for something else, you have a bang on Afghan SFSG loadout there.(with comms and helmet of course)

Darkchild

Archived