WA issues...

r.ocelot

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW I had a problem with UNcompany lately, ordered the chamber for my WA Inf. and they sent me a Marui one :( So I sent it back the same day, wrote to them about it - they were sorry and asked for pictures but I sent it back already.. Now there is no response... Has anyone returned/exchanged anything in UNcompany ?

I read the first two pages, but not really looking forward to reading all 23 pages, so if a question has been addressed, be nice and let me know [what page, even.]

My 'piece' is a Western Arms S.C.W. LAPD S.W.A.T. Custom II, Kimber trademarks and what not, I love the thing, when it works.

Problem numero uno - The mag is sitting too low in the mag well, so it's not engaging the slide catch, or not pushing it high enough or what not. I put a lil bit of epoxy on the bottom of the slide catch, and once it dries I'll post up if it worked or not.

Problem numba two - This is a fairly recent problem. When I lock and load, the first round loads and fires fine, slide smacking back, but it's not cocking the pistol, I have to work it by hand to get it to fire. It is chambering a round though.

Also, front and back sights fell off... I don't know where they went.

So.

Question! - Will real steel sights fit on this?

Also, how can you tell the difference between S.C.W. versions?

Alrighty guys, I've got one for you. I have tried everything I know how to try and fix this but I cant figure it out. Firstly, I have a WA 1911A1 SCW2 w/ the following parts:

PGC Slide

PGC Frame

CP Custom Stainless Steel SCW2 Hammer Set Type D (Hammer, strut, transfer hammer pins, and firing pin)

Shooters Design nozzle assembly

Sheriff brass floating valve

CP custom aluminum breech

Guarder steel chamber

Guarder steel outer barrel

150% hammer spring

150% recoil spring

WA long recoil rod

SCW 3 barrel & hop up

guarder enhanced gas buckings

I am also using older style single stack mags.

So here are the issues with the gun.

1. For some reason when i fire the gun, the first shot is strong and the following one is weak (sometimes not even allowing another round to be chambered). This repeats itself; one strong and the next weak.

2. The slide sometimes jams instead of locking back on the last shot. For some reason the slide lock moves out a bit when the slide is worked back and forth or shot. Since I am not the first owner, I am assuming that this is what led to the slide lock wearing down and now doesnt allow it to lock on the last round.

3. The gun also seems to fire on the first and second shots but nearly ever round after that simply falls out of the barrel.

4. The return action on the slide is very rough. It seems to get hung up on the valve reset arm because if you ride the slide forward it will seem to get caught and will hang there unless you take the mag out or jiggle the gun.

When I got this thing it worked great other than the slide lock. I want to keep it but with all these problems it just make me sick of trying to fix it all. Any help you guys can get me would be great as I'm really at a loss as to what to do now. :(

• 3 weeks later...

I recently purchased some Wilson Combat slotted head grip screws with the intention of using them on some of my WA 1911s.

Unfortunately however they don't fit, I was under the impression that real grip screws will fit WA's.

Is this not the case then? Is there any other route I can go down? I really wanted to get some hex grips screws also as you never find airsoft replacements being sold.

• 2 weeks later...
when throwing real-steel grips on my SCW3's I just ran down to the hardware store, matched up the threading, and cut the screws down. two pairs of perfect fit hex grip screws for $4. :)

Nice tip, have to replace some of my rusty screws - didn't know the thread was standard :)

Right, this has finally become an issue I need to address. I really really need to get ahold of a metal frame kit for two (preferably three) SCW1 Western Arms Para-Ordnance HRT Specials. Money is very close to being no object. The only alternative I have to finding something I can make fit at this stage is getting parts custom machined from aluminium, and that is likely to end up costing about a grand per frame unless I can get more people on board with the order. That's £1000, not $1000. Basically any frame compatible with the P14 .45 series should do, and Hells, I could probably even get it machined down to the right shape if it's basically an Infinity frame that fits the upper frame block.

Seriously, I've tried all kinds of other pistols, and nothing else feels quite right. I've been using a Para for plinking since before I started airsofting and the twins are my babies. The third one was a bit knackered when I got it, so I, err... use it mostly for spares. Don't tell anyone.

The guns are all parkarised-finish, but I can use a black frame and get it recoloured, that's not an issue. The issue is, I need those frames. Two of mine are already starting to show actual significant damage, as opposed to just wear, and unless I can get ahold of the parts I might be forced to retire them from active service soon, which would be a damn shame after five years of solid frontline service.

Well, that is to say I'd have to retire them until I'd got three grand saved up. You'd probably think I'm being stupid, but that's how much I like these pistols. I'd honestly contemplate giving up airsoft if I couldn't keep at least one of them running if it weren't for the fact that I love my G36c almost as much.

They'll fit fine. Only problems may be with the grip and thumb safety's not working properly. Don't know why but all my WA 1911's (SCW3) with Prime kits have lost the thumb safety operation.

If anyone knows and helpful tips for this I'm all ears.

They'll fit fine. Only problems may be with the grip and thumb safety's not working properly. Don't know why but all my WA 1911's (SCW3) with Prime kits have lost the thumb safety operation.

If anyone knows and helpful tips for this I'm all ears.

Thank you very much junior.

Interesting to hear about the problem with the safety. So what happens? I presume the safety wont move at all then?

It was actually a Prime Series 70 kit I was planning on buying. I've only had experience with PGC metal kits so Im a bit worried about the higher degree of skill normally required for Prime kits.

The safety moves up and down just fine. But it's mainly there for looks, it doesn't block the sear to prevent the trigger from being engaged like it's supposed to....

I think the way to get it to work it to actually ADD material to the safety. I'm not 100% sure though.

The little rubber lip part at the top of the mag that sits above the valve behind the feeding lip thingy(forgot what it was called sorry).

Also the part (I think the cylinder or loading nozzle) when I pull it out it goes in kind of sluggish and

I have a leak in the part where the gas goes in. If that wasn't enough the tiny hex screw on the rear sight is striped so I can't get to the insides.

Does anybody knows how I can fix these problems or where I can get replacement parts please comment?

• 3 weeks later...

what parts do I need to fit a 6 inch infinity classic (shooters design made for SCW) slide to a series 80 SCW2 body?

I believe I will need:

longer outer barrel

front sight

rear sight(bomars)

longer recoil guide rod and plug(now these are the parts I don't know where to buy from)...

anything I missed?

I have a guarder metal chamber for Magna hopup unit/barrel how can I make it fit a SCW3 hopup unit/barrel without damaging it? (the guarder metal magna chamber is to tight for the SCW3 hopup unit/barrel)

Can I just start to file it from the inside or what should I do?

what parts do I need to fit a 6 inch infinity classic (shooters design made for SCW) slide to a series 80 SCW2 body?

I believe I will need:

longer outer barrel

front sight

rear sight(bomars)

longer recoil guide rod and plug(now these are the parts I don't know where to buy from)...

anything I missed?

You're pretty much there, but assuming that you have the Series 80 slide assembly as a donor, I'd also recommend:

6" Inner barrel

2x Fitment screws and bushes for the Bomar. All the Bomar sighted SCW's that I have seen screw from the bottom into weeny little conical threaded bushes that sit in counter sunk holes on the sight base. (Where the screws go on Magna versions). There are possibly some other ways if you get stuck.

I've never seen the 6" recoil rod separately, but if I were in your shoes, I'd get the 5 inch WA part from WGC and unscrew the front section, then take that part to an engineering shop and get them to duplicate it with an extra inch.

As for the plug, Prime slides come with this part of their own design as it's different to the WA type(cannot remember whether the 6" does), but I dont know if the SD 6" slide uses the OE part or not. You could ask the HK retailers, it's worth a shot if they know or have the plug.

Ive had a few problems with my WA 92FS Perfect Version with the O ring on the loading nozzle being slack and of course its catching on the inside and doesnt cycle.

Is there any other O ring for different gbb pistols etc that will be compatible?

Here is a picture

dsc00159xy1.jpg

Archived