OH SNAP! UHC VP-70 is out!

Yeager

It appears that Pyramydair now has the UHC mags in-stock.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n170/Ye...IV/SDMUG172.jpg

Anyone with a TK brand VP70 care to show us a picture of the TK mag for comparison?

That is a TK mag, look closely at the wrighting on the side ;)

Huzzah!

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n170/Ye...KIV/VP70001.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n170/Ye...KIV/VP70002.jpg

Talk about fun, this gun is one of the most entertaining GBBs I've ever owned.

Slide is plastic, Lower is HW plastic, Outer barrel is plastic, internals are metal, pretty much everything thats plastic on the TK is plastic on this gun. This does appear to be a Tanio Koba Licensed gun.

Right side of the slide: Design & Produced by Tanio Koba & UHC  Made In Taiwan

Left side of the slide: MOD VP ' 70 9 MMx19 "This soft air gun is not made by HK, but the duplicate to extract the attractiveness of VP-70

Grip: VP70M (H&K markings are present but they have been removed)

It claims that its made for green, but I'd suspect that the use of propane in this gun will result in slidetoface symdrome. 

Barrel is rifled, and there is an adjustable hopup located ontop of the outer barrel.

Stock, it over hops on .20s, .23s are good out to 85-90 feet, then go everywhere. I suspect that on .25s accuracy out past 100ft will be better.

Will give a more detailed report later on tonight. But from what I've seen so far this is an awsome little..or not so little handgun!

The trades are almost a 100% copy of the TK,

Left side of the UHC slide: MOD VP ' 70 9 MMx19 "This soft air gun is not made by HK, but the duplicate to extract the attractiveness of VP-70

Left side of the TK slide: MOD VP ' 70 9 MMx19 Warning: Refer to read instruction manual. Followed by the TK logo

Right side of the UHC slide: Design & Produced by Tanio Koba & UHC Made In Taiwan

Right side of the TK slide: Design & Produced by Tanio Koba/Japan.

From the looks of things they've just removed the japan from the mould and then added their UHC mark

Grips: Same on both guns

Ejection port on TK gun: 03402 the TK logo on its side followed by "TK" and another logo.

As for the Twist barrels I have one in my TM 1911 and I cant fualt it but it does 300ish on propane which I'm lead to believe is the ideal power output for twist barrels.

In my VP70 however its a little hit and miss due to the low fps of 134a and major cooldown on burst.

Is the hop set the same as the TK one? via a grub screw ontop of the barrel meaning you have to take the slide off to set it?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is a TK mag, look closely at the wrighting on the side ;)

The trades are almost a 100% copy of the TK,

Left side of the UHC slide: MOD VP ' 70 9 MMx19 "This soft air gun is not made by HK, but the duplicate to extract the attractiveness of VP-70

Left side of the TK slide: MOD VP ' 70 9 MMx19 Warning: Refer to read instruction manual. Followed by the TK logo

Right side of the UHC slide: Design & Produced by Tanio Koba & UHC  Made In Taiwan

Right side of the TK slide: Design & Produced by Tanio Koba/Japan.

From the looks of things they've just removed the japan from the mould and then added their UHC mark

Grips: Same on both guns

Ejection port on TK gun: 03402 the TK logo on its side followed by "TK" and another logo.

As for the Twist barrels I have one in my TM 1911 and I cant fualt it but it does 300ish on propane which I'm lead to believe is the ideal power output for twist barrels.

In my VP70 however its a little hit and miss due to the low fps of 134a and major cooldown on burst.

Is the hop set the same as the TK one? via a grub screw ontop of the barrel meaning you have to take the slide off to set it?

Correct..

It appears that Pyramydair now has the UHC mags in-stock.

SDMUG172.jpg

Anyone with a TK brand VP70 care to show us a picture of the TK mag for comparison?

On second thought .. the mags look fairly similar (if the clone made out of metal -- then they are almost identical) -- can't really tell but there might be a revere/line running up to the last taper towards the top of the mag on the original KOBA version that may or may not be there on the clone mag.

VP3.jpg

Gentlemen, I highly doubt you could blow the slide off into your face at the moment with this gun, even on green gas. CO2 would be too much though, which is why most of the CO2 guns are NBB's or have completely enclosed slides. So, why would it be hard to blow the slide off? Look at the front of the frame around the front sight. Through another poster's picture, it's pretty beefy up there, unlike a Beretta or Glocks front end. The slide wraps completely around the gun, vs. just having a 1/8 inch tab of plastic that stops the slide from coming too far back. There also appears to be a thicker aluminum insert surrounding the piston assembly, unlike the thin pot metal on most companies plastic slides. It doesn't look like the back half of the slide will crack and fly off either.

I can't guarantee it, but it looks to be bulit well enough to take green, and gun companies won't recommend green gas if they think it won't work. Some idiot will try top or red gas sooner or later, that's where we'll hear a complaint. We'll see.

green works just fine on a stock vp70, although sometimes the hammer doesnt grab the sear properly, resulting in the gun chambering a bb but not firing when the trigger is pulled; which requires recocking the thing

I put in a stronger recoil spring, when I put in a metal slide, which seems to help with that

post-12557-1179449030_thumb.jpg

Honestly, after seeing it, using it, and comparing it to the TK reviews out there I don't think I need to do a review on it anymore.

Basically, its the same as the Tanio Koba gun save for the extra UHC trademarks.

Infact, here read this..

http://www.renegaderecon.com/article_details.php?id=11

Another design improvement Kobayashi is working on is improved gas blowback system for cold weather, which exists especially in European countries. Having seen the Taiwanese made gas guns that are popular in Europe and USA Kobayashi feels sorry for overseas hobbyists that have to use these products. In his analysis both the quality and gun performance in cold weather are poor. Foreign hobbyists in mind, Kobayashi is planning to design system that would use less gas and thus less vulnerable to cold weather.

Kobayashi is now working with French airsoft distribution company Cybergun™ (ex-3 Pylonnes) to provide them new design that would allow Cybergun™ to move into manufacturing of airsoft guns.

At the same time, Kobayashi is mysteriously speaking about route to provide European hobbyists with cheaper priced products that have higher quality. He is interested in this concept, because Japanese products are too high priced in Europe. Further to his aim, Kobayashi now wants to teach Taiwanese factories how to manufacture better quality gas blowback guns, so that users in Europe can have more reasonable products than ever before. Kobayashi brings example of KSC’s Glock series that are made in Taiwan for KSC. In his opinion even Taiwanese manufacturers can make great product, if quality control is enough

UHC has never made a metal anyting, ever. Don't expect this one to have a metal slide. Still though, looks pretty good. Hopefully it'll be better than the TK was. Also, glad to see I'm not the only one who still says "oh snap!"

I doubt it'll be better than the TK gun. If you read the words instead of just looking at the pictures you'd see it say it was designed by TK and even has the twist barrel.

It's a clone of the TK VP70.

Honestly, after seeing it, using it, and comparing it to the TK reviews out there I don't think I need to do a review on it anymore.

Basically, its the same as the Tanio Koba gun save for the extra UHC trademarks.

Eggselant, thank you. If there's little chance of you doing a review, you wouldn't mind if some one else to do one, say me for instance? I know there are a lot of reviews out there for the Koba, but none on Arnies, and I enjoy writing reviews anyway. Of course I don't own one yet, and I'd still want to have it a while before reviewing it, but I figured it would be polite to ask. :)

Archived