OC-14 Groza

mikoyan99

I'm thinking of building an OC-14 "Groza" from a cyma ak-47s. The basic idea would be to move the pistol grip forwards, put a carrying handle on top of the handguard (pinned then epoxied), modify the front sight of a beta spetsnaz, then extending the barrel. Most of the bits i've figured out already, but I need to sort these bits out:

http://conspiracyx0.tripod.com/weapons4/groza3.jpg

1) motor: As the original ak-47 motor goes into the original pistrol grip, it needs to be moved or covered up. theres no space in the reciever to move it, so my idea was to make the stock more solid and a bit larger to cover it. Building the stock is another issue, as I only have a basic workshop- only one power tool, and thats my dremel.

2) the trigger. How do I move the trigger forwards? Can it be done electrically, rather than having a large rod going through the gun?

I'm trying to buy the cyma second hand (pm me if you have one) for £50-£60. I can budget about £50 for bits needed. Your suggestions would be most handy, especially for the things highlighted. I'm planning to use some real-steel parts, as I can get hold of them fairly easily, but mainly for furiture.

cheers

matt

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

link dont work, is this the gun ur talking about:

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as09-e.htm

if so dont u think using a bulpud rifle to begin with would be easier, a famas i think is ya best bet, other wise its a lot of messing around for nothing what with moving the pistol grip and playint about with where the internals are, a famas will have all u need already and u can just build around it, check the for sale section u might get lucky.

yeah, thats the gun. sorry about the bad link

Despite the motor, I still think it's easier to use an ak-47 type reciever, as the real gun uses the same. My mates for an academy L85, which I can get off him for peanuts.

At the end of the day, it's just a choice between modding bodywork or internals, and I think in this case it won't be too hard to move the trigger, especialy if it can be done electrically. I have a friend who can help me out if I get real trouble. Also, this project was intended as a practice project, to give me some experience of doing total conversions.

cheers for your input,

matt

You do know that there exists, somewhere, a bulpup conversion kit for an AK that will let you do this with a lot less hassle, right? Can't remember where it is, but it definitely exists.

link dont work, is this the gun ur talking about:

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as09-e.htm

if so dont u think using a bulpud rifle to begin with would be easier, a famas i think is ya best bet, other wise its a lot of messing around for nothing what with moving the pistol grip and playint about with where the internals are, a famas will have all u need already and u can just build around it, check the for sale section u might get lucky.

...youre suggesting rather than modding a gun that the real steel is based on he should TOTALLY rebuild ALL of the externals and mag system etc of a FAMAS and put up with the V1 GB

exactly plague. But I appreciate all input all the same; it's good to have people to have people to bounce ideas off. I found the smokeys kit shirtly before you did. My idea is still to do this electrically; after all, the trigger is really just a switch, but I need more details, and more importantly, a cyma ak- i'm not really willing to pay £90 for a gun i'm going to butcher with no certain chance of success. The smokeys kit was good, but not really the right shape for the groza, which is really blocky and not very ergonomic.

Cheers for your input guys, I will post pics when i get started

matt

It will work as you (op) described

get AK

make it bullpup

job done!

If you are good with fabricating parts, then the stock and top piece will be a doddle. The front end might be a bit more tricky, but if it was easy, it wouldnt be as much fun!!!!

I would use an AK stick battery in the same place as the non-stocked AKs use (i think thats what you said)

to address your problems.

1, cover the motor cage with a huge stock.... remember that the Ster AUG uses the same shape V3 gearbos as your AK

2Usiing a rod to pull the trigger is much simpler and less problamatic than having an electrical trigger outside the gearbox

I studied the idea of the groza too.. my final idea after looking at lots of ideas ranging from GBB to custom gearboxes was just to leave the motor there, wrap it in black electrical tape and make it as slim as possible.. when using the gun you won't really see it...

Check out this picture of a real one.. I think how you hold it hides the motor quite well:

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/254/img12384to.jpg

cheers for the input guys, you've answered my questions. I think using a rod is the best idea, and I was thinking of just leaving the motor there, maybe disguised as something.

I'm shelving the project for now, due to general lack of cash but I imagine I will revive it at some point-now I have a clear idea of what to do. Sorry to disapoint,

matt

STAR do an awful lot of gearboxes mate, which one?

i think trying to conceal the motor in a tubular cosmetic extension of the sling (if you catch my drift), so to the casual observer it will just look like the sling is hanging down a bit.

either that or an MP40 GB might fit as if im not mistaken thats a V3 modded with a horizontaly placed motor

Archived