US Export Marushin 8mm Rifles Released

orca

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The JAC Thompson runs on external air, and there is no blowback Im pretty certain. It is a nice gun though albeit expensive- same series as the JAC BAR that sells when you can find them for an arm and a leg :o

Since the JACs arent blowback, I'd still prefer the TM with a wood kit.

Slainte!

-G

So... why do I have this idea of wanting to convert the M1 into a M14/M21?...

Damn you Donut, I was thinking exactly the same thing. :P

If I had the time and money, I'd definitely do it, and if the mechanism allowed, I'd mod it into an EBR stock with the short barrel configuration. Mmm! Then again, I'd have to figure out the magazine issue...

Wow, I'm seriously thinking of getting that m2 carbine! AEX Torrance is just around 30 minutes from me, so maybe I'll check it out!

Questions on the m2:

How is the range of the 8mm?

Does the m2 have any gas leak problems that the old the m1 carbine has?

What is the hop-up like?

Are there any upgrade/replacement parts for it?

Is the wood real?

Has anyone heard anything about it yet?

Damn you Donut, I was thinking exactly the same thing.  :P

If I had the time and money, I'd definitely do it, and if the mechanism allowed, I'd mod it into an EBR stock with the short barrel configuration.  Mmm!  Then again, I'd have to figure out the magazine issue...

I'm just that good ;)

Well, I don't see, what's so hard about it. If the Marushin is how I think it's designed, then there really isn't anything you need on the bottom. So just chop away and take out the exsiting magazine well stuff, then get an AS or RS M14 mag, stick the M1 clip (yes, goddamn I said it CLIP!) inside the mag, get a new mag catch, line up everything, and you're ready to go. Of course, unless you make custom bb holder you're still going to be limited to 8 shots. Personally I don't think it should be too hard.

The hard part is probably going to be finding M14 parts without breaking my wallet <_<

Hey, when I get mine in, I'll write up a nice review.

?

Done-

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/...2/cat/17/page/1

and done already in this very thread, a few posts up from this one.

Not tooting my own own, but yikes :P

I'm just that good ;)

Well, I don't see, what's so hard about it. If the Marushin is how I think it's designed, then there really isn't anything you need on the bottom. So just chop away and take out the exsiting magazine well stuff, then get an AS or RS M14 mag, stick the M1 clip (yes, goddamn I said it CLIP!) inside the mag, get a new mag catch, line up everything, and you're ready to go. Of course, unless you make custom bb holder you're still going to be limited to 8 shots. Personally I don't think it should be too hard.

The hard part is probably going to be finding M14 parts without breaking my wallet <_<

Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured. Being a college student sucks when you have an expensive hobby and a wild imagination. :(

?

Done-

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/...2/cat/17/page/1

and done already in this very thread, a few posts up from this one.

Not tooting my own own, but yikes  :P

I meant more to answer the questions that the poster above my previous had. I'm sure that no one's done a full review on the new Export models.

Not sure how much more a full review then what Guinness did. He owns both of the orignal Marushin M1 Garands and M2 Carbines, and recently fired the new export versions of those respective guns.

It's 8mm. Other threads speak of 8mm and mass to weight ratios and how they accuracy. Gas and ambient temperature will be your other variable.

Does the m2 have any gas leak problems that the old the m1 carbine has?

No, thus the improved U.S. Version. You are comparing it to a non reinforced older non-blowback version of a totally different design.

What is the hop-up like?

Are there any upgrade/replacement parts for it?

No. Like their predecessors. Again the reason for the reinforced U.S. version.

Is the wood real?

Yes.

Has anyone heard anything about it yet?

Guinness fired both. Would think he heard them when fired.

Call AEX Torrance before you go to make sure they have in store. As of today they only have stock in Santa Clara.

It's 8mm.  Other threads speak of 8mm and mass to weight ratios and how they accuracy.  Gas and ambient temperature will be your other variable.

Well I live in SoCal (like you) so hopefully it wouldn't be much of a problem.

Looking forward to that review Wraith!

so... without discussing the actual velocities. with green gas, would that be more or less dangerous than, say, a Tanaka pre-ban sniper rifle?

i mean 8mm must be less dangerous than 6mm in terms of joule to joule impact, but when traveling at the same fps are 8mm bbs more, less, or equally dangerous to a person?

i donno if u've ever been hit by a 8mm but it hurts like hell... also they shoot just as fast.

Non gg version: weak.

GG version: pretty powerful.

Theres a difference, where my cookies at? :P

Just ordered the export green gas m1 garand last night + 2 metal mags and bbs. First 8mm gun for me. I sure hope this thing is worth the price tag, everything I've read says so, and they are selling out fast everywhere, so maybe...

I guess time will tell.

Also, AirsoftGI had the garand in stock for about twelve hours. I think they still have the M2... not sure...

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I've had my M2 in hand for a few days now, but have yet to be able to effectively test it out. One problem I've had already with it: my bolt is loose. it doesn't lock in the forward position, but the handle and bolt cover will slide back a bit without regard to whether or not the magazine is in or not. Another problem that I'm having is that I'm not getting any auto at all, in fact, my bolt just locks back after each round... very extremely disappointing.

My concern is that she was damaged in shipping... because the box isn't exactly the most solid one out there, I would recommend that if you do buy one, call the supplier and ensure that they pack the box with some peanuts or something that will keep it from knocking about too much. I would also recommend that you tighten everything on it down as much as possible.

Archived