There IS a difference!

Connery

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*cue ridiculous pretend skirmish scenario*

CH: "blum, its a rum do chaps, I appear to be all out of the plasticky good stuff- any chance I can have a spare mag?"

MP: "CAW!!"

CH: "GET IT OFF ME! OH, MY EYES!!!! I MEAN A CLIP!"

Spedz: "sorry mate, I'm having a toenail emergency and have to use my spare right now..."

CH: "you swine! right, in plain english- give me a magazine!"

Sledge: "there you go"

CH: "thanks very much...no sledge, I don't think the march copy of "fat-bottomed spandex mommas" is compatible with my rifle..."

and whats the lesson we learn from all this?

never go into a skirmish on the same side as a bunch of jokers, a magpie, and one of sledges grotmags, because one way or another, you will go blind.

OR: always carry enough guns and ammo to see you through the day without having to confuse the issue over semantics by asking anyone for a clip and receiving a five hour lecture by the sort of people who really need to get out more and get themselves a girlfriend on why a magazine is a magazine, a clip is a clip, and why, even though the word is freely banded about and means either unless you are aforementioned girlfriendless pallid chap who has yet to see the light of day except to pop down the newsy for his copy of "guns and ammo" and the latest star trek magazine, such a pointless distinction actually matters in a GAME PLAYED BY PEOPLE WITH TOY GUNS by which point the skirmish will be over, everyone else will have gone home, and you'll have to stove your own brains in using the butt of you rifle to escape.

so...

we can't call them ammo boxes for fear of getting it confused with a big green ammo box, but we can calll it a mag but not worry about getting it confused with a black and white bird related to the Crow, but we can't call it a clip for fear of it getting confused with aforesaid black and white crow's uncle's toe proning implement?

ok.

thanks for clearing that up...

c-mag for me, methinks...

i mean c-clip.

or c-magpie

or c-nailfile

or c-january edition of ohhhhoooohoohohohohohohoh...

Adj: Joyful and proud especially because of triumph or success; "rejoicing crowds filled the streets on VJ Day"; "a triumphal success"; "a triumphant shout"

[syn: Exultant, exulting, jubilant, prideful, triumphal, triumphant]

n 1: A feeling of great happiness

n 2: The utterance of sounds expressing great joy [syn: Exultation, jubilation]

n 3: Aftermath celebration of wounding another male's genetalia.

• 4 years later...
Don't do it again, or we'll feed you to the Sharkticons!

Everyone: The what?!?!?

Sledge: Sorry. Browsing thetf.net at the same time. Got my obsessions mixed up.

:zorro:

This isn't the place for Transformers, Sledge.

Archived