Airsoft Barrett M82A1 Scratch Build project

Direct

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost finished external metal parts. Now work goes to welding all it together, bolting and etc..

Today starting work on internals. Exact list of internals will post little bit later, but it is Pro-win cnc machined gearbox with systema internals, magnum motor, 12v battery and etc. inner barrel is Prometheus 650mm 6,03mm

Can not post here nay more foto , no space left. Is there a way to increase it?

Update:

started work on internals.

My current list of parts are:

Pro-Win 8mm detacheable gearbox

Guarder M170 spring

Guarder spring guide with bearing

Low restriction wiring

Systema super torque up gear set

Systema magnum motor

Prometheus 6,03 650 mm inner barrel

few bits of oem parts from CA (anti reversal thingy and selector switch)

Remade bold imitation, so it now smoothly operates inside closed upper-lower reciver.

Pro-Win gearbox are just wonder.. it is first ever thing in airsoft i see what is made good. Realy solid, precise, superb compresion. Definetly worth every cent.

372zo5.jpg

375qb8.jpg

10972qa1.jpg

117711zr0.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah, project is still going on .. need some welding , painting now to be done.. but all major partsa are almost ready. work is now bit delayed due to flooding in my workshop coz of heavy raining :( have set myself a deadline to february to complete this thingy.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Long delay been caused by my baby boy born, and me dedicated to it :P

Anyways..

Project is now to be continued... mostly left on "welding all together" part, and finishing, painting etc steps...

Gearbox seems now working good, steel need to figure optimal inner barrel lengh for it coz my previous ideas on using a long psg1 inner barrel been doubted.. Still not sure what wqill be best to use on such project.. my curent 650mm iner barel or some shorter thingy .. like 550-580mm or something..

As many asked about curent spents on project, well its hard to say realy, coz many materials i bought i was buying in excesive quantities and use only small part on this rifle.. but i estimate self cost of this project to hit about 800-1000 euro not taking in account my work time. most money went into internals sadly ( gearbox, gearbox parts, optics.. etc...)

Well.. work is going further..

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, painting job is currently underway. Trying to find best primal/paints to use, so it looks like real deal.

I already chemicaly blackened inner barrel , and bolt so they look like real deal. Now painting other externals, trying to match color of original.

Hey, it sure looks good! The elevated rail is really a must for this weapon. How do you lock the front section of the gun together? I don't see the small square thingy in front the the mag that has a pin through it. Also do you plan to add the holes to the front/top side of the gun as well, or just snap a long rail there?

Archived