What Am Bestest 40mm grenade?!

3vi1-D4n

I thought someone would have started a thread like this but search function showed nada and hence I would like to make a start.

What is the best 40mm grenade?! in terms of:

- durability reliability

- green gas/propane usage/CO2

- power output

- spread

- effectiveness given the right situation.

I have used a fair few airsoft M203 shells, but most have some issue with green gas use, and many have leaking problems over time. Then you have the slugshots which are fun but not really applicable on people in an airsoft game.

Then of course I have used the real ones which yes you can use on people but they won't be shouting "hit". :)

So I ask politely, has anyone compared all the airsoft M203 shells for testing?

The madbull rounds are by far the best made. They only use 4 bearings instead of 8 so they have less parts to fall out if you have to replace the o-ring, they use a MUCH better o-ring that will hold up to green and red gasses and they have a great fit and finish to them (most will reset by temselfs).

If you are looking for a good grenade without spending a lot of money then the new King Arms 3 packs are the way to go. 3 shells for $80 and they use the same action as a moscart. They are rather reliable, and will use green gass but not red or CO2. Some of them I have seen did need a new o-ring out of the box, but when you are getting 3 shells for the price of one madbull then a 15 cent rubber bit isn't that big of a deal.

While it's very pricey, I would say the Madbull XM PB4's are the best. If you want to use them for BB shower, simply pour in the BBs rather than stuffing them into tubes, and put a strip of tape over the tip so the BBs dont fall out. They are VERY good for launching foam/nerf objects, primarily because they have a rather large gas charge and are compatible with red gas and CO2.

The only downside is the price at $80 USD for 1 grenade, but once you see how far these things launch a nerf zocker dart the price doesn't seem all that bad.

Madbull XM-PB4 is by far the most powerful. My team leader tested the grenade using a CR123a battery and fired it using green gas. The battery went straight a door (not made by glass). Using 2 reballs in it also on green gas, I have fired them out to around 45-50 meters.

Here is an indoor test shot fired at one of my team mates who actually volunteered for it:

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w31/tea...rent=Reball.flv

One of the bonuses of it is that the XM-PB4 can fire reused bbs, reballs, paintballs or baby powder. Some even combine baby powder with reballs to have it act like a seal and pushing the performance even higher.

The grenate houses 6 times the amount of gas as any other grenate on the marked (so say madbull them self) and this gives an extreme fire power. The grenate is rated for high pressure to red gas, co2 or even compressed air is an option.

While I do love my PB4's, the only thing I was able to accomplish with baby powder was getting it all over myself, my launcher, and my grenade. How did you make it work?

I eventually turned to making little plastic baggy's filled with a combo of baby powder and BBs, so when they hit the target they make a poof and it has some weight to it. However, I don't do this anymore because making each little bag round is a very tedious process.

EDIT: Oh and launching other little bits and bobs out of the grenade other than BBs is quite fun as well. Similar to the small battery example above, I've launched glowsticks/chemlights pretty far as well; about 30-40m. It's a pretty cool sight at night.

I thought someone would have started a thread like this but search function showed nada and hence I would like to make a start.

What is the best 40mm grenade?! in terms of:

- durability reliability

- green gas/propane usage/CO2

- power output

- spread

- effectiveness given the right situation.

I have used a fair few airsoft M203 shells, but most have some issue with green gas use, and many have leaking problems over time. Then you have the slugshots which are fun but not really applicable on people in an airsoft game.

Then of course I have used the real ones which yes you can use on people but they won't be shouting "hit". :)

So I ask politely, has anyone compared all the airsoft M203 shells for testing?

Mad Bull For teh win.

While I do love my PB4's, the only thing I was able to accomplish with baby powder was getting it all over myself, my launcher, and my grenade. How did you make it work?

I haven't used baby powder my self, but what people do is filling it in to the grenade and put some thing in front of it (like a reball) and then put a piece of tape (the kind you can take of paper again from 3M) in the front to secure the whole ting. The pressure from the shot will rip the tape of or split it in to. By doing it this way the powder should stay inside the grenade until you fire it.

Anyone know if the G&P grenades work in MadBull launchers?

I've never tried but I believe that MadBull launchers are deliberately slightly under 40mm so you can't chamber a real shell. The MadBull shells are also slightly "undersize".

Result is you can use MB shells in anyone elses launcher but if you get a MB launcher you need to use their shells. That said I only have MB shells and they're good enough I've never regreted that.

Dave

care to elaborate? doesnt work on different gas or not enough range, what did you use instead?

Once you've used a madbull xm204 running on CO2 everything else just seems rather ######. I've got cans of red and green at home, but non of them shift 204 bbs as well as CO2. I know the obvious option is to get grenades with a smaller capacity, but again when you've used an xm204...

I've never tried but I believe that MadBull launchers are deliberately slightly under 40mm so you can't chamber a real shell. The MadBull shells are also slightly "undersize".

Result is you can use MB shells in anyone elses launcher but if you get a MB launcher you need to use their shells. That said I only have MB shells and they're good enough I've never regreted that.

Dave

While they may say that, the more logical explanation for their grenades only working in their launchers is to make more money. I bet they figure once you buy they're launcher you won't switch over to a different one, and will thus use only their grenades. Makes sense from a money-making standpoint.

I have 6 MB XM204 HP and 19 MB XM108 HP... NEVER run them on anything under 800 PSI CO2... NEVER.

If you load 12 0.88 BB's in a XM204, make shure they are all the way down, you will penetrate doors/bushes/thin plywood...

I'm glad I don't play with you. :unsure:

lol I load all mine with 0.12's for longer range.

I cannot say that the King Arms grenades are the best, far from it (I have 7 of them). While they're not awful, they need a lot of maintenance and f'ing about with - I've emailed KA about them and am still waiting for a response (lol I'll be amazed if I hear back). Saying that I have one madbull grenade and it was pretty pants while it worked, it often leaked before the fill valve broke :/ The best grenade I've got is the Mosquito Molds one I got with my mini-launcher, it takes gas everytime and stays full of gas for weeks on end with no fuss, shoots 180 rounds and packs a nice punch.

I have 6 MB XM204 HP and 19 MB XM108 HP... NEVER run them on anything under 800 PSI CO2... NEVER.

If you load 12 0.88 BB's in a XM204, make shure they are all the way down, you will penetrate doors/bushes/thin plywood...

You have 25 madbull grenades? p.s I take it you don't skirmish like that??!

Archived