Zombie Huntin'

All the loadouts in this thread look pretty cool.

Some people do need to lighten up though. The zombie hunter thing is a fantasy theme, rather than practical. Some of us (like me) have gone more the way of schlock b-movie zombie style rather than the more serious fanta-realistic styles. I.e, how it looks over how it functions.

Aww, *fruitcage* it. All the fun went out of this thread sometime on pages 1. Cant be arsed anymore.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is one of the most inspiring things I've seen for ages :P

I've already got some black BDUs, a sawn off pump shot gun and an Uzi, just need to add a few cosmetic extras to fit the theme and I'm there.

Oh, and another Uzi for that dual wield full auto mayhem necessary to halt the shambling horde...

Mm, maybe I regret selling my chrome DE, 'cos this is a loadout it would work with, hohum...

@guzzi: cheer up mate, I think your loadout is the dog's and the attitude to the idea is spot on too, play it for laughs 'cos that's what I plan on doing!

:devil:

The BEST thing about Zombie loadouts is that there is no standard to follow - you can go with a kilt and claymore if you like, whatever works for you. You can go down the practical route or just the badass look of the thing - they're both valid, 'cos almost anything's valid!

The only requirement is a desire to blast those zombies to hell!!1!!

Guzzi, you'd be right at home in Planet Terror!

EDIT: Just found a foam baseball bat in my loft - bonus!

I've always thought about doing a zombie hunter type loadout and I might finally get round to it one day soon.

It's all about the long, slightly worn looking brown leather trench coat babay! Oh and the hat. Gotta have a hat. Think John Shannow from David Gemmell's book Wolf in Shadow but hunting zombies and less religious and with two silver deagles and an M3 shorty to hand.

My fantasy anti-zombie load out would be:

Dog bite suit ((Cause seriously, a doberman's jaws are tougher than a zombie's and so I think I'd be safeish on that front))

Gear:

Whatever sort of webbing that I can use over the bite suit

Weapons:

Saiga-12 modified for belt feed

or

MG42

M1911 with 75 round trench magazine

and psooibly:

Claymore ((Sword, not mine))

That's assuming two things - 1. I am really at risk of undeath by zombie, rather than looking awesome; and 2. I can handle the recoil of either the shotty or the MG.

If I want to look cool however, my load out would be this:

Black velvet/red brocade jacket with black lace and pewter buttons ((Kinda like this - http://www.findcoolclothes.com/03331.html))

Black Silk shirt with Black lace and silver skulls

Black Trousers with silver skulls

Spikey bits ((Cause they look cool))

27 hole Combat boots

Black leather gloves

Big Goth Hair!

Gear:

Tactical Tailor MAV in custom black fabric and red brocade ((Matching the jacket))

Drop leg holster w/silver skulls ((Are you sensing a theme here?))

Weapons:

L22A2 in .50 Beowulf

JAE-100 Stocked M-14 in .260 Remington

H&K P9S ((Preferably one of their select-fire prototypes)) in 10mm Auto

Katana or Wakizashi and Tanto

AKS-74UN with 3 cell chicom chest rig, ak-47 shoulder pouch which will hold 5 extra magazines, and a butt(?) pouch that holds a water bottle, two extra mags and a 1911 in case i need to off myself ;)

bdu's of course :)

i think the key is to keep light is the key and have as much mobility possible.

I was thinking katanas and other swords, but they get dull and unsheathing in close quarters would be problematic, so a bat or something that can be swung without getting stuck in the flesh would be ideal.

Final Kit List:

-Black Helmet (MICH or PASGT) / Patrol Cap (black)

-Ski Mask or Balaclava, Black

-Black BDUs

-Black undershirt

-Black gloves, either a fingerless/mitten combo for cold and probably fingerless "biker" or weight lifting ones for warm

-Black boots

-AK-74

-Black ALICE Gear, with AK mag pouches

-Some type of "idol" on the gas tube of the AK

-ESS goggles for long range, paintball mask modded to look like a gas mask, CQB

http://www.chickenshop.co.uk/acatalog/props/weapons.htm

Cheap enough? Machete, chainsaw - Vampire Slayer works nicely too!

http://www.therockgarage.com/cart/index.ph...products_id=315

Nice machete there - seriously tempted.

http://www.partydomain.co.uk/d-commerce/co...and-knives.html

Sadly the £1.99 machete is out of stock, but the cleaver could be nice!

Lets see here, my Zombie Hunter/Survival list.

Realistic-

Clothing:

ACUs

Jeans

Assorted Tshirts

Boots

Good Belt.

Gear:

Eagle Chest Rig in OD

SERPA or Safariland 6004 for USP 45

Elbow pads

Knee pads

ESS Goggles

Nomex Flight Gloves

Weapons:

HK416 in 16" barrel semi-auto only, ACOG, Vert Grip, Flashlight

or

Bushmaster M4 16" barrel semi-auto only, ACOG, Vert Grip, Flashlight

Ruger 10-22, Aimpoint

Ruger MkI in .22 LR

HK USP .45

Remington 870 Express 12GA

Car:

Ford F350 Super Duty

This is what I'd pick up in the event of a real Zombie outbreak. I pick up the ACUs because they are so comfortable.

My UBER Zombie Hunter Loadout:

Clothing:

ACUs

Gear:

SWAT Riot Gear

MICH with Riot mask.

Pouches mounted all over

SERPA or 6004 thigh holster

Weapons:

HK416 14.5" barrel, ACOG, Vertgrip

HK USP 45

Chainsaw

SPAS-12 or Benelli M4

Barrett M107

Cars:

MRAP painted black with lights all over it.

Just had a sick idea for stuff to load on the M249, Pablo. If the tracers aren't your thing...

Would .308 Winchester expanding-tip hunting rounds meet the criteria of 'blasting things apart'? If that doesn't fry your brain-eater, then you might as well go wild-hog and plot SJHP with the HP filled with anything interesting from silver nitrate (bang in the barrel HIGH possibility though) to gel-stoppered sodium... :)

That's great but, um, I'm actually doing an airsoft Zombie Hunter loadout. :P

EDIT: My Zombie Outbreak Control Unit (Z.O.C.U.) T-shirt and raid jacket finally arrived today - WOOT!

Yea... I was at work, and my brain was half-fused up.

Meant as an explanation to 'why' someone would use a belt-fed 7.62 NATO machine gun for zombie busting. 'It's using zombie buster rounds'... :)

Hmm, I think I'd definitely need to find something that'd make fun use of mini moscarts... Flare-gun with 'shot load'...

That's great but, um, I'm actually doing an airsoft Zombie Hunter loadout. :P

EDIT: My Zombie Outbreak Control Unit (Z.O.C.U.) T-shirt and raid jacket finally arrived today - WOOT!

We thought about doing a ZOCU team loadout over here, but one of my buddies ordered the jacket, and it turned out to be just another cheap windbreaker. You're probably better off just getting a black jacket and stenciling or sewing "ZOCU: Zombie Outbreak Control Unit" on it.

As it happens I have a leather jacket I intend to employ for a variation on the loadout, but the "cheap windbreaker" (which is what a raid jacket is supposed to be, from what I've seen) was exactly what I was after - after all for £10 + postage I wasn't expecting a silk lined velvet smoking jacket! It's just another prop really.

Now I need to check out some decent urban game sites - I think the loadout works a lot better there.

http://www.mookietoys.com/Products/s_cricket.asp

Bottom of the page - big enough?

Now, I'm having trouble finding them online for sale, so it might be worth contacting them. There's a Dealer Network tab, think there's a few fairly near you. From a couple of sites I found without stock at the moment, expect to pay £6-£10.

Archived