fitness

rugrat

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I never knew I could run so bloody fast. The games we played yesterday involved alot of rushing about, especially the opening moments where you tried your hardest to leg it to the flags before the other side did. All the walking to and from spawn aswell, bloody hell I must have done a few mile that day. Oh, getting shot at too. That makes you run. :huh:

I'm suffering for all that effort today.

• 2 weeks later...

I find airsoft is excersize enough for me... but I guess some people take it slower and whatnot, so it doesn't have the same effect. Also, my local site is drowned in hills, big *fruitcage*ers ( only the site 4x4s and quad bikes can get up it when its damp) Although I am at that age where you simply don't get fat no matter what... I'm sure I'll balloon outwards soon enough.

Heehee, at 19 I was a skinny little lathe and thought things would never change. Next thing I knew, I was 26 and 17+st. I keep telling the younguns at my regular site that they need to keep an eye on fitness/weight because it sneaks up on you. Some have taken that on board and a couple have lost weight. Good on em :)

Oh... finally broke 2400 reps in an hour on the rower! And I feel superb ;)

So, awkward positions must be able to be held and moved in, high speed assaults must be

carried out, dreadfully slow stealth creeps, etc. All are better and more effective when you're

in shape. Why do SOF train to be physically fit? They need to be. My team do USMC, Ranger,

and SF exercises and drills. It helps us to be able to keep our form good, and good endurance

will allow you to hold your weapon more steady. Anyway, what I'm getting at, is physical training

or fitness is definately a plus.. yet, definately not required. You can still have a blast (according to my friends).

interesting thread

pz

Personally, I enjoy playing with those not in shape - kind of like having really big pellet sponges during assaults. Lol, kidding. Fitness is quite important, for everyday life as well as for hauling that RIS-covered monster of a rifle around the field.

I agree that fitness is extremely important for airsoft,

Perhaps there could be a saving private ryan style scenario, the team has to rescue "ryan" and carry him back to base, get those muscles pumping lol.

Or someone has to bring supplies to the frontline/ etc.

The bottom line is this, no challenge = no fun.

But for fat people like me, its more of a challenge. More challenge = more fun, therefore we have more fun! ;)

I think we've established that fitness can help a player, but cant make a player. We all adapt to our own personal levels. For example, Im a bit thick so I get shot a lot.

My friend and I both play airsoft for a highly respected team and we are 16 years old. We recently started running on a power service trail that is 1 mile long, has extremely steep hills, streams, and other obstacles. We have run it 3 times in 5 days and we have already made progress. Today we ran it without stopping and we weren't dead tired at the end. This is far from an average mile. These hills will tire you out quick and you gotta jump over streams and wires and what not. I feel that it'll help us in airsoft and just staying healthy in general.

a year and a half ago my lung collapsed for little reason. Ok i had been smoking for 10years but i was otherwise in good if a little stressed, shape. Since then i have not smoked but i took some time off airsoft so i wasnt putting any undue stress on my lungs as a precausion. Since starting back playing i have noticed it is sooo much easier to charge around, carry out sustained fire manuvers and assaults. I am still knackered after, but i have found that i recover quicker i have also found that my goggles fog up a lit less (just as a side note)

I do also get shot a hell of a lot more tho simply because i have the energy to run around the field and the respawn doesnt seem as far away as it once was.

Archived