AK & Variants Picture Thread

well thanks a bunch guys, but compared to FIN's....my plum is nothing --' (you can see the paintjob is "breaking down" because of my "foolishness" when im coating it with krylon matte coating)

well when you consider that fin's is real plum its expectec. but nice paintjob anyway. and dont worry about it disintergrating, i know for a fact the plum mags seem to turn black at the ends for some reason. dont know if this is the case with furniture too, but still. nicwe work

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been lurking in the shadows here for a long time, but I'll take any excuse to post my love for the eastern tools of the trade.

The top is an ICS external with CYMA internals (long story, many cheap trades) with a G&P GP30 (.........punch myself for that one)

Middle is a JG Drag I've chopped up as you can see, more to follow

The bottom is D-boys, the rail is very thin so the Kobra is cranked so far its bent in.

aegs2.jpg

Here are a few more pictures of the JG Drag, the body is a King Arms I cut the trunions off of. In the future I'm hoping to continue more work on the body to replicate what a PSL should look like, along with the magazine you can see below.

I did the whole thing as a budget project, the internals are mostly element with an SRC hop and madbull TB. It pushes 450 with a li-ion stick battery.

PSL12.jpg

psl10.jpg

And lastly a reference photo so you can see what I mean about the body. I would love to install wood but the stock is the biggest problem for obvious reasons.

PSL640-2.jpg

Sorry if this was a bit much for a picture thread post, but I didn't want to create a new thread to show off my labor :)

Was boored and tryed the Realsteel vented upper handguard on the AKMS with realsteel lower handguard, looks pretty cool might skirmish like this sometime altho i bought my AKMS for Afghan rebell loadout but like this it would fit a PMC gear too :D

akmsvfe0.jpg

akmsv2bk4.jpg

The AIMS with Real steel stock and handguards wanted to get out for some spring sun aswell :P

aimsakmsvef0.jpg

My new WIP AK "whatever" project. It's what I think works for an AK, suits my needs, not meant to be accurate to any real steel stuff, heh.

I did the shortening job in about 25 minutes, I was tired of the full length AK. Yes, it's a Prime SPR muzzle brake.

Needs a new stock (any suggestions?), and I'm going to do some work with a regular AK grip to add a palm swell and flatten out the bottom. I'll also be adding a "hand stop" to the front of the foregrip (kind of like a Micro galil).

The extended mag release and the modified selector lever are both pieces made by me!

img1728uy9.th.jpg

img1730je7.th.jpg

img1731yw6.th.jpg

You are aware of the fact that AKMS + side mount = not folding stock?

As a matter of fact, this is not completely true. There was an AKMS version equiped with side mount AND the stock was still foldable. The stock left arm had an offset in order to enable the stock to fold. I need to find the pictures... EDIT : link

But yeah, in airsoft, is actually not possible right out-of-the-box.

Edited by lovecraft25
I will be reciving my Ultimak today :D

There better be pics up later then ^_^

I know it's been done once or twice before, so is there much fitting work putting an ultimak onto an Inokatsu/Guarder/RMW AK? Only I'm hopefully building a shorty pmc-ish RMW AK (just waiting on Ting to get back from me about some parts) and an ultimak would look great on it as well as on my RPK.

And on a related note, more Inokatsu RPKage (dont whine about that railed upper, it's a temporary measure, since an ultimak or standard siderail will replace it soon):

rpkrailed.jpg

Heres some fun stuff from the US and A!

RS Yugo AK47 mags and RS Ultimak :D

muxe0.jpg

The ultimak will be mounted on my AKM but its ATM at my dads work modding my romy stock on but will hope fully finish it in some days but i just had to mount the Ultimak on a AK so tryed it on my AIMS, it looks ok but on a AKM it will look alot better :D

aimsummh8.jpg

Will get some 7.62x39 AK bullets once i get cash over im little low on food cash atm after all buys stil lwaiting on RS Maadi lower HG, battlefield pickup ak47 mag and RS Romy handguard set ^^ Noodles isint that bad when you got youre AK ;)