Armalite Pictures

At Redwolfairsoft you can customize the M4-S only with a metal lower receiver. I think I also read somewhere you can't remove the SIR from the upper receiver. Is that true?

From what i can tell the SIR can be totaly removed from the upper receiver, although im not sure how it goes as I had Echigoya do the work for as thats where I bought the gun from, The whole reciever is full metal though.

that is a lovely looking weapon there!!

looks very nice!

allthough does the M203's trigger not get blocked by mag changes/ make it hard to actually complete mag changes as its so far back?

No problem with the M203 and mag changes, doesn't get in the way at all for reloading, took a little while to get used to the feel of the gun though but im happy with it.

Hmm, damage :) mind regaling us on what bit of your receiver broke and what exactly happened?

well they say a picture is worth a thousand words so i will show you thee area that we are playing in

p3290023medium2si.jpg

now the area we play in is rather dense in foilage and very rocky to cut a long story short:

I was taking point for our fire team when the OPFOR sprang thier ambush way to early....... fortunatly they had some eager newbies whom decided to let off a claymore way before i was in the arc of fire. Realising my death was iniment i dived for cover into the thickest foilage i could find and when i say dive we are talking a running superman leap (I tend to get very absorbed by the game at times and not think of my own personal safety in the real world) any way as i landed i did the correct thing ...gun in both hands and Judo role over it......unfortunatly a small peble decided to jump under my gun as i roled over and cracked the casing.......fortunatly not enough to snap it but enough to ruin the looks. I always carry some black electrical tape so after a bodge job i was back in the game........ I was so urinating off that i didn't realise my fireteam had flanked the ambush and was carting home 3 prisoners. had to make my way home on my own :(

Edited by FarEast
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ouch. Tough break, but at least you've got a swanky metal receiver now :)

If you haven't disposed of it, you should give the old receiver some incremental abuse to see just how tough the marui updates are. Be good info to go on for other players.

The Japanese government reserves land for airsoft?! How ultimately the pants is that! :D Given that the last time I checked Japan has statistically the lowest rate of gun crime on earth that just makes this silly row to ban airsoft seem all the more absurd. :(

Edited by Machineabuse
At Redwolfairsoft you can customize the M4-S only with a metal lower receiver. I think I also read somewhere you can't remove the SIR from the upper receiver. Is that true?

HurricanE just recently released an adapter which enables the m4-s to be fitted with normal metal bodies. (well, at least hurricanE metal bodies.)

Ouch. Tough break, but at least you've got a swanky metal receiver now :)

If you haven't disposed of it, you should give the old receiver some incremental abuse to see just how tough the marui updates are. Be good info to go on for other players.

The Japanese government reserves land for airsoft?! How ultimately the pants is that! :D  Given that the last time I checked Japan has statistically the lowest rate of gun crime on earth that just makes this silly row to ban airsoft seem all the more absurd. :(

Sorry Echgoya sent it to TM in the hope they would replace it but also for thier R&D department to see some of the "In Game" Damage that occurs.

As for the goverment out here and the land, what happens is they section of goverment land into lots which they make available for the general public to use. You then go to the Ward Office (Local goverment Office) and ask about what available land there is.

Now of course as an Airsofter you want a remote area with alot of cover and these places are in plenty supply, most of the other places are given to baseball, football teams and as they are premium locations with asphalt parking areas toilets and the works they are charged for it ..... out here no one wants to use it so it's very easy to get plus the goverment don't charge you. Took abit of work flaterning out the parking area but apart from that we left the area pretty untouched, we only allow Biodegradable BB's.

FarEast, that's a beautiful view. I'm going to Japan for my gap year for sure.

REALLY minor issue, your armalite looks fantastic, but have you tried mounting the aimpoint further up? I often think it looks nicer that way.

Im picking up a red dot either today or tomorrow so i will have two scopes on there..... I also getting the Guarder Quick Release Ring Mount ( Cantilever ) so they will all be moved forward.

Yes It's an amazing view, we have 3 sites for playing and I would have to say it's my favourite aswhen im not airsofting I climb here, some very good 5.10/5.11 routes here. If your comming over for sure let me know as i can set you up with local teams to you depending where you are you could even join us as we have a very mixed team including Japanese Kidotai like i mentioned, US marines on leave and the usual suspects.

Darn. That would have been a superb opportunity for torture testing the construction. Oh well; easy come easy go :)

That sounds like a remarkably civilized arrangement for land management. At some point I have to finish my nihongo jugyo and spends some time in the land of the rising fun :)

Edited by Machineabuse
Darn. That would have been a superb opportunity for torture testing the construction. Oh well; easy come easy go :)

That sounds like a remarkably civilized arrangement for land management. At some point I have to finish my nihongo jugyo and spends some time in the land of the rising fun :)

LOL and for westerners there is a lot of fun to be had, I teach the equivalent to A level Science out here so I get all my weekends and all school holidays off plus a good salary to spend on toys and what makes it better is VAT is only 5% and Income tax is only 12%!!!!!

Not a lot to go now, just a metal receiver (my TM receiver has started to crack :/) some flip-up front sights, and a hogue or sniper grip. It's chrono'd @ 328fps and the rate of fire with the battery in the prime crane stock is actually just ridiculous, I'm not sure what happened. It's like a laser!

leetbackground.jpg

P6260322.jpg