Formula One

GuzziHero

So, the Valencia race hasn't finished yet but I gotta say this...

What the hell is Kovalainen doing? :angry:

When he's behind the bloody Fiats he dawdles along and fails to even worry them, never mind actually taking points off them.

When he's in front of them, and in a position to ease off and help Hamilton extend his lead, he f***ing-well SPEEDS UP and sets his fastest freaking laps of the entire bloody race?!

Is the guy paid by McLaren or Ferrari?

He's usually fails to help Hamilton by finishing behind both the Fiats and, when he DOES have a chance to help Hamilton by driving tactically on the track, he doesn't do that either. :rolleyes:

*EDIT*

Mystic Stealthie predicts that Massa will take 10 points for this race then get a 5 place grid penalty for the next race.

...which is Spa, where the grid penalty won't really matter. :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ferrari. 'nuff said.

I can say I agree with Smedley that really the *team* should be punished rather than Massa. Im not quite sure that Massa DID back off when he saw Sutil though.

Kovalainen...hes just an idiot, period. I dont think he has anything like what it takes to be a world champion. Hes next best thing to an also-ran.

---

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Massa blames Sutil for the pit incident, for not backing off and letting him out? WTF???

With that arrogance, I now hope he gets penalised.

Instant karma at work at Fiat there...

Fiat claim there was nothing wrong with their pit operations during Massas stop then, almost straight afterwards, Kimmi goes through and almost demolishes the entire garage!

Does seem kinda harsh to penalise Massa for being told he was clear but, as Brundle said, the rules state that it's the drivers duty to ensure it's safe to move away.

Thing is, to put it in a different context, if the designers put a dodgy part on the car it'd be the driver who was penalised for it.

They wouldn't say "Ahh, the driver wasn't to blame so we'll just take points off the constructor". The driver would lose the points.

I also thought it was quite funny the way Kimmi made a fuss about how the Fiat pit system isn't automatic but, instead, uses a person to control the funky dashboard lights etc.

So, Kimmi, how does that relate to the fact that the green light wasn't actually LIT when you pulled away from the pits? :rolleyes:

The whole FIA rule puts the responsibility on the drivers, but neglect the fact that they have next to no vision to their blindspot, with now the raised side guard and small mirrors.....if they really want to put the driver in the position to be questioned, they really should increase the size of the mirror and govern their location...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70038

Massa fined and slapped on the wrist....

Funny how the sliding scale of fine works in FIA....he was fine 10k for almost taking another car out, and Ham got fined I think for the same amount for being late to the press conference....

Not even a grid penalty?

The FIA is just a joke now. Seriously, this type of thing damages the sports credibility a lot more than stuff like Mosleys centretemps with those hookers.

Maybe a overreaction, but Im considering stopping watching F1 right now. It's pathetic. This makes the sport look like a complete comedy.

• 2 weeks later...
LOL and the deserving take a well-deserved victory! :D :D :D

But ooo whats that? FIA wants to investigate the incident at the final chicane? *cough*biased?*cough*

I take it that you're a new fan?

The reason it's being looked into is that Lewis overtook kimi at the last corner by missing out some of the track, he did let kmi back thought but gained a edge but cutting inside again for the first corner.

I don't think he broke any rules, I just think it was against the spirit of the rules.

LOL I did like it how he said he'll never again will be overtaken on the outside, and 2 corners in he was over taken on the outside:) Even Lewis F1 (also know as ITVF1) thought that was funny.

I take it that you're a new fan?

The reason it's being looked into is that Lewis overtook kimi at the last corner by missing out some of the track, he did let kmi back thought but gained a edge but cutting inside again for the first corner.

I don't think he broke any rules, I just think it was against the spirit of the rules.

LOL I did like it how he said he'll never again will be overtaken on the outside, and 2 corners in he was over taken on the outside:) Even Lewis F1 (also know as ITVF1) thought that was funny.

Hardly. Been following it since the days of Senna and Berger. Blame my dad. I watched Prost in the macca as young as age 3.

As for lewis cutting the last corner, well kimi did push him out didn't he? it's not as if he left lewis with any space ON the track that he could reasonably get to. I don't think it was against the spirit of the rules. Certainly I won't have to say more about the whole usafe release from pitstop saga. Yes during GP2 the almost exact same thing happened to Bruno Senna and he was given a stop go. Yet Ferrari were given a laughably light "punishment". Yup. Anyone who thinks FIA isn't contradictory must be a "new" fan. :D

EVEN though Lewis was forced off by Kimi, let him pass anyway, and the whole point was then moot because kimi crashed on his own fault? And the fact that Charlie Whiting agreed that Macca complied with the rules? Boo. FIA can go eat *suitcase*. Ferrari does something obviously bad and they get away with it, when it comes to Macca, FIA finds the most insignificant and tenuous of reasons to penalise them. What utter ######s.

Hopefully they will appeal it. The incident had no effect on the final result.

Id have thought if anything, Hamilton should have been told off for switching directions twice out of Eau Rouge to block Massa.

End of the day, it was racing for the lead. If they dont want to see that they should race and instead run the even as a time trial.

Aww, screw it. I just cant be bothered with the entire championship anymore. Glad I didnt bother taping it now.

I hope each and every one of those dirty ferrari ball sucking stewards get their dirty little sex lives exposed in the tabloids. And may FIA reap it's own karma.

Lolololololololol

What utter bull*suitcase*

"The stewards, having received a report from the race director and having met with the drivers and team managers involved, have...determined a breach of the regulations has been committed by the competitor and impose the penalty referred to," said an FIA statement.

Hamilton was deemed to have "cut the chicane and gained an advantage", thereby breaching Article 30.3(a) of the sporting regulations and Appendix L chapter 4 Article 2 (g) of the International Sporting Code.

And Vettel did the same in Canada back in June and as a result prevented McLaren's Heikki Kovy from overtaking and gaining a points position, so why didn't the stewards do anything about it? The FIA's inconsistancy in handing out penalties is ruining this sport. Under almost identical circumstances, they can impose 2 very different penalties, if there is even an investigation at all! *FRUITCAGE* off FIA and leave the sport alone.

What's not fair? He tried to overtake, was forced off the track onto the ESCAPE ROAD(why call it an escape road if you're penalised for using it when forced out? DUH)t, gave him the place back and overtook him again because hamilton in the mclaren is faster than kimi in the ferrari in the wet. whether that is up to skill or setup is another discussion. But there's nothing not fair about it. As if Kimi didn't have to SLOW down for the bloody chicane? It's only not fair if you're a blind supporter of Ferrari... Kimi was struggling in the wet, it was pretty evident and a no-brainer.

It was enjoyable up to the point where the FIA decided racing wasnt allowed! Noone in their right mind can think that Hamiltons penalty was fair (except a blind tifosi of course, but they dont have a mind :P ).

I didnt tape it, but I would have loved to have seen Heidfelds on-board camera on those last few laps.

Archived