Formula One

GuzziHero

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it sounds like it'll be a tough race....in the dry they are doing a 1:45s lap, which is pretty long lap time wise, but the track is not THAT long, since its a 61 lap race, so it means its slow....so a long race on sunday, on a new track, at night, with now what they think might be a wet start going into dry(forecast for rain in the afternoon)....

Is Massa blind or something?

After his little slide he pulled out right in front of Sutil and undoubtedly caused Sutil to crash while trying to avoid Massa.

Ah well...

10/10 to Alonso for going from last at one point to taking the win. I bet some of the team tacticians will be looking at the lap charts to figure out exactly how that happened.

McLaren now takes the lead in the constructors championship as well.

Kovalainen should obviously give himself a big pat on the back for the huge contribution he's made to that. :mellow:

If ever there was a driver who needs a clause in his contract saying he loses 10% of his wages for every place he finishes behind his teammate then it's him.

The guy is the ultimate also-ran.

there would've been a yellow(or a white) before that corner, since there is a slow moving Trulli on track, and definiltely a yellow after Massa spun. Sutil should've been more cautious going in....

Eh?

Sutil would be half way around the corner, with an apparently clear path in front of him and Massa sitting in the barrier to his right, when Massa pulled back onto the track in front of him.

He can see Massa is heading forward and, as a result, the only option (besides driving into the side of Massa) is to run wide and hit the barrier.

I'm sure you know I'm not a big FIAT fan but, even with that in mind, Massa is starting to show himself to be something of a "bully" in his attitude toward other drivers.

Hopefully he'll have the decency to go and talk to Sutil and clear the air.

Congratulations to Alonso and Nico.

Ferrari, had fun reaping their own foul karma. I'm soo happy for them :D

Now lets wait for FIA to come up with yet another excuse to penalise Lewis.

And all all the brainless tifosi out there, don't bother with the "but FIA penalised Massa too" line. The FIA only penalises Ferrari when it doesn't make a damn difference. Proof is in the pudding:

1) Massa is released unsafely into the side of Adrian Sutil. Near accident in a narrow pitlane with an even narrower exit(even more dangerous than Sg). Blatent infringment of safety rules. Position at stake: 1st place. Penalty: Reprimand (ooo so harsh!) and a 10,000 Euro fine (ooo so expensive for a team with a budget of around 300mil USD!)

2) Massa is released unsafely into the side of Adrian Sutil (again). Near accident in a narrow pitlane. Blatent infringment of safety rules. Position at stake: 13th place with no points. Penalty: Drive through that makes no difference.

And then the FIA questionably penalises a McLaren driver for something which FIA never did bother clarifying before, and for which some FIA officials actually clarified it to be ok. And then proceeds to lie about important details related to the case to Macca. And got embaressed in court when one of their own officials submitted in writing that FIA lied about something. Hah.

Like I said proof is in the pudding. I now await the mindless frenzied barking of the mad dogs er I mean tifosi, as they once again willfully turn a blind eye towards all evidence and just defend their beloved *beep* of a poor excuse for a F1 "team", like the mindless ball-less sheep they are. Go on. Do it and generate more foul karma and maybe the remaining 3 races will all go as great as it did for Ferrari today. Karma is such a funny thing! ^^

Eh?

Sutil would be half way around the corner, with an apparently clear path in front of him and Massa sitting in the barrier to his right, when Massa pulled back onto the track in front of him.

He can see Massa is heading forward and, as a result, the only option (besides driving into the side of Massa) is to run wide and hit the barrier.

I'm sure you know I'm not a big FIAT fan but, even with that in mind, Massa is starting to show himself to be something of a "bully" in his attitude toward other drivers.

Hopefully he'll have the decency to go and talk to Sutil and clear the air.

Heh Massa n Sutil are having a lot of close encounters these past few months haven't they? Massa's been twice released into the side of Sutil now. Thats some freaky coincidence there. Maybe someone up there is just trying to make FIA's favourtism towards Ferrari a bit more obvious to the "nooo Ferrari am teh bestest and do no wrong!!111!!" people. :P

Eh?

I still think there was a yellow, but whether Sutil saw it is moot. Another thing though, I don't think Sutil would've avoided Massa or the wall one way or the other. Massa's nose was on the racing line, if Sutil couldn't have braked to avoid him as is, I doubt he would've have had grip to brake and turned MORE to avoid him on the inside....

oh, and I forgot to bark...

Mmm it's never Ferrari's fault. Just like how it was Adrian's fault at the unsafe release in Valencia. Heck it must always be Sutil's fault, they're Force India, some small F1 team, they can never be as right as Ferrari, a big rich team is. Heck it even must have been his fault for being there to be hit by Kimi at Monaco, because Force India have no right to be in front of a Ferrari. Why didn't the FIA penalise Force India for being there to be hit by Kimi? That cost Ferrari points!

Karma is so wonderful :P

Well if the FIA was on his side then Massa would have dropped points in Valencia and Spa.

And if Ferrari are so good, how come both Massa and Kimi were behind Lewis on points even before "gimmies"? ;) And Massa with 5 wins to Lewis's 4 is 7 points behind. Hahahahaha. Ferrari is not doing too well despite getting so many handouts. No wonder FIA needs to give them an absurd amount of favouritism :D Even with 2 more race wins than Macca and FIA's obvious bias against Macca they're leading the championship :P

I'd put my bet on Lewis and his 17 dropped points over 2 races any day, rather than a Ferrari World Champ who drops 40 points in 4 :D Nor a Ferrari no.2 who didn't do so hot either in the last 2 races, and lucked onto wins the previous 2 due to FIA favouritism in both. If the FIA were being fair and doing the job they're supposed to do, Massa probably would have been penalised for Valencia, and not inherited the Spa win either.

And oh to preempt someone raising the "in valencia FIA deemed Ferrari to have not gained an unfair sporting advantage" line, where breaking the rules are concerned, as As Autosport’s Thomas O’Keefe, an expert on the FIA’s regulations, cannily observed back in 2002:

The Court of Appeal tends not to take kindly to defenses of competitors that sound like “we had no performance advantage” or there were “exceptional circumstances” or “it was unintentional,” which the FIA seems to regard as equivalent to The-Dog-Ate-My-Homework.

Where safety is concerned, whether one actually gains an advantage or not shouldn't even be a mitigating factor.

Did anyone actually hear what DC said towards the end of the race when that annoying pit pundit was just jabbering on aabout nothing important. Why hasn't Louise just walked up behind him and snapped his neck, bit harsh that just hate it when you miss the radio transmissions because some commentator wants to jabber on. I can not even bring my self to say his name.

Lewis did the sensible thing and took the points but wether he could have over taken nico is another matter, all in all a nice little race there.

Lewis must be pleased with a 7 point gap, it looked bad for him until the Ferrari-Chuckle-Brothers-Pitstop fiasco.

Poor old Felipe, though, must be thinking that he's onto a loser - A cynic might wonder if Ferrari don't want their unfavoured son to take the championship this year...

Good to see Alonso rewarded for his efforts this year though, he's plugged on (fairly uncomplainingly) in a mostly duff-ish car.

Cheers

Seems he's doing a Raikkonen. :D Nah personally it was just a consequence of his pitstop during the 1st safety car and the pitstop scramble. He lost position there and then on lost time behind the slower cars. This being a street circuit, I'm not surprised that happened.

If I were a tifosi like you I'd worry more about the team that is trying their hardest to lose the championship even with the extra help they're getting from FIA than worrying about one of Macca's drivers. :P But your kind concern is much appreciated :D

Did nayone notice how they still used flags even though they had introduced the new system which is basically little boxes that can flash the colour of the flag needed. Why have both? Surely if flag waving can work you don't need to waste time and money with those new little boxes.

They think it will rain in two of the remaining races, its funny how when hearing rain you instantly think "YES!"

Did anyone actually hear what DC said towards the end of the race when that annoying pit pundit was just jabbering on aabout nothing important. Why hasn't Louise just walked up behind him and snapped his neck, bit harsh that just hate it when you miss the radio transmissions because some commentator wants to jabber on. I can not even bring my self to say his name.

You think you have problems?

I'm currently watching the F1 in Spain and the after-race press conferences usually occur in a tiny box in the corner of the screen while the main focus of attention is watching Alonso pick his nose in the team garage or something.

They are unashamedly biased in their coverage. Both Mclarens and FIATs could catch fire and be abducted by martians and the director wouldn't budge from resolutely following Alonso as he plods around the track in mid-field.

Good to see Alonso rewarded for his efforts this year though, he's plugged on (fairly uncomplainingly) in a mostly duff-ish car.

Cheers

Must say, I have a soft spot for Renault.

When I was a kid they were the car that propelled the likes of Mansell and prost to championships so it's nice to see them climbing back into contention.

Now, if only we could also see a Williams back up there as well.

In other news, what happened to Kovy?

He did his usual thing.

He did nothing to support his team-mate.

He set his fastest lap times while leading the 2 FIATs (during the pit-stops).

He did nothing to win points for his team.

Do any of you guys look at the official live-timing stuff on your PC while the races are on?

It's a bloody miracle that Hamilton came anywhere in the race today.

At the start of the race, when he was chasing Massa, he was lapping in 1.45s and low 1.46s.

When he got stuck behind Desperate Dan Coulthard his lap times (and Coulthards) climbed to 1.48s and 1.49s.

Then, after he finally got past Coulthard, he set another 1.46 before pitting again... and coming out behind Rosberg.

Behind Rosberg he was, once again, stuck doing 1.48s and 1.49s.

He spent at least 40 laps within 0.4 seconds of the car in front but unable to overtake. I bet it was a frustrating race for Lewis.

FWIW, I expect Massa's evening was very similar.

I guess it shows that the differences between winner and also-ran are truly miniscule. Nobody has such a powerful car, or such a skillful driver, that they can just skate through the field any more.

Also, I'd like to note that Kimmi seems to be making a habit of binning it while challenging for a position. :P

Heh.

I thought Nico's managing to stay second was quite impressive given that he had to serve a stop/go. Then again, why did the FIA even take THAT long to impose a penalty? The moment the cars came in while the pitstop was closed it should have been issued since there are no exceptions to the rule, not even "we're running out of fuel". Just doesn't make sense, but then what about FIA nowaday does?

Archived