Formula One

GuzziHero

so why penasilation for hamilton??? because that manoeuvre was absolutely allright??

Because... the FIA stewards are biased?

It's kind of obvious. Massa has a dangerous pit release and he keeps his win and the team pay a laughably small (for F1 standards) fine. Same thing happen to 2 GP2 teams and they're given a drive thru, because they're not Ferrari and FIA doesn't have to lick their arses.

Diwiak, why are you ignoring such glaring inconsistancies?

I didn't REALLY see a big problem with the Massa/Sutil incident in the last race - There was no collision, but Ferrari got penalised.

Did you manage to see the GP2 races? The same happened. Released into the side of the other car, no collision, in the case of Bruno, he did exactly the same as Massa and slowed to go behind the other car. Both the Massa pit incident and the Bruno pit incident involved racing cars coming dangerously close to pitlane personnel(a photographer in massa's case, another team's tyreman in Bruno's case). The circumstances were almost exactly the same, but ferrari, being Ferrari, the FIA dare not penalise them. Wonder who in FIA is in the secret employ of ferrari.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm...just going back to my predictions from the start of the year.

Raikkonen to defend = wrong

Raikkonen to be consistent = wrong

Renault being strong = wrong

Piquet Jr to challenge the Spanish Sour Grape = wrong

BMW or Williams to be 3rd strongest team = right, wrong

Nakajima <> Katayama = right

Button getting a good car = drastically wrong

Alonso failing to challenge the good teams = right

DC on the podium = right, but he was the luckiest man alive to do it!

I underrated Massa, overrated Raikkonen.

Enjoy him while you can...he wont be in next year. TBH, he never looked like a world champion to me. Then again, at the start of this year I said that about Massa...

I think Raikkonen is also annoying Ferrari a bit about his lack of commitment for the future. TBH I think he couldnt care less if he stays in F1.

I think Raikkonen is also annoying Ferrari a bit about his lack of commitment for the future. TBH I think he couldnt care less if he stays in F1.

I agree. He seems to be suffering from the same syndrome which affected his compatriot, Mika Hakkinen. Wins the championship, then just doesn't seem to be in it any more.

Diwiak, why are you ignoring such glaring inconsistancies?

that situation between ham and rai was NOT so clear as you say, so why so big support for ham??? because the same nationality??? :unsure::unsure: and youre not F1 referee, you cant say if there was breaking of the rules, or not-its on judges, and I think it was on edge, if it was fair or not

but I can see your blind idolization of one man ;)

No, I only protest the unfair bias shown by FIA to Ferrari. I used to support Kimi raikkonen too. So if all you can see is my supposed "blind idolization of one man" I guess it does show there is someone here who's really blind, and it ain't me ;).

We support hamilton in this case because he did not do wrong. After Canada I fully expected lewis to receive a penalty because it was only fair. I even felt Kimi not being punished for ruining Sutil's race in monaco was fair because kimi simply lost it, he wasn't trying to take any risks.

Some of us don't need to be F1 referes to use our common sense(which I guess some here here lack), and this incident shows F1 referees don't always have common sense either. Furthermore, most of us stopped trusting those judges after they've demonstrated their inconsistancies with regards to the pit safety issue, an issue which you've sontantly dodged. Can u explain why 2 almost identical situations (massa's pit incident and bruno's pit incident) received such vastly differing penalties? If you can't really, pls stop trying to reply, I'm not the 1st person to notice there're mindless tifosi in here :D

If lewis was in the ferrari and kimi in the mclaren u'd be the 1st one to claim that any penalty for lewis is unfair regardless of the actual situation.

To be fair though, he would have won the race if not for the rain! Thats really a bit of bad luck doncha think? I think he looked a lot more convincing this weekend than the past few races... And lets not forget he'd have won France if not for that damned exhaust.... which reminds me, how is it a car with such a massive piece of debris hanging loose was allowed to race on? FIA not biased towards a certain team.... hmmm...

Yep. Adelaide 94. Schumacher made a mistake, ran wide, probably damaged his own car. Hill went for an opportunistic move and Schuey turned across. Wheels collided, Hill's wishbone bent.

And yes, technically the same rule should apply :D Although a 25s penalty wouldnt have done Hill much good, Schuey WAS excluded in 97 for trying to destroy Villeneuve at Jerez. I loves Brundle's immediate commentary that time :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9DFRDdE5Qg

---

Much as I dislike Schumachers' arrogance...I thought Hill was far too far back in 1994. It would have been pure instinct for Schuey to defend the corner, Ill bet it wasnt even a conscious thought.

---

edit:

Just watched 94 Adelaide again. Hmm...second thoughts, Hill was a lot closer than I remembered.

the whole 25 sec thing came from 94, I think Schumi didn't serve one of the penalty close to the end or something, they banned him for 3 races. Then in 98 at British GP he had the same deal, so he stopped on the very last lap to take the penalty and the flag in the pitlane. They later clarified that if you get a penalty at near the end of the race(5 laps or something) you don't have to serve the penalty but to have extra time added to your finish...

I think you mean British GP 94.

Schumacher passed Hill on the sighting lap. Benetton were given instructions that he had a stop-go penalty but they claimed that it wasnt given in writing. Schumacher continued to circulate from lap 23 (I think) to lap 28 while they debated it. Schumacher was then black flagged.

He got a 2 race ban for running the car too low at the Belgian GP. After Sennas death, a wood (or Jabroc actually) plate 10mm thick was bolted onto the bottom of the cars - too much wear meant you were running the car too low and you were in trouble. Benetton appealed his disqualification from the Belgian GP, to ensure that Schuey could drive at the German GP. When the appeal was rejected, a 2-race ban was added.

Off the top of my head, thats what happened anyway.

Only 3-race ban I know of was Eddie Irvine (a ****-poor driver in any condition) for causing an avoidable accident at the 94 Brazilian GP. It was originally a 1 race ban but they appealed...it was increased to 3.

To be fair though, he would have won the race if not for the rain! Thats really a bit of bad luck doncha think?

Looked like pss poor driving to me... After all with all that extra talent, he wasn't able to keep the car on the track, whilst Massa did?

Massa's hugely inconsistent and I like that personally - I hope he wins the championship this year and Hamilton does next (suspect Hamilton will this year).

Hamilton really convinced me at the British GP this year - until then I was sceptical - and I think he was harshly treated at Spa.

That said I still find something rather sinister about the whole Hamilton grooming affair especially as it involved the backing of Germans and McLaren haven't EVER been a British team in my view, despite being based just down the road, they exude a faceless corporateness that I find distinctly unappealing... :unsure:

If Lewis had been a Brazillian I'd have REALLY worried! :o

Cheers.

Hamilton really convinced me at the British GP this year - until then I was sceptical - and I think he was harshly treated at Spa.

My sentiments exactly.

The guy was just so together in the poor conditions it was stunning. Regardless of the performance of individual cars, Hamilton just had so much of a better handle on his that it was superb. He was head and shoulders above everybody else out there.

A race like that probably earns the winner the respect of the other drivers more than a normal race too.

Imagine sitting in another car (or, even worse, the other McLaren) and thinking "How the chuffing heck can he corner 15mph faster than me???"?

That said I still find something rather sinister about the whole Hamilton grooming affair especially as it involved the backing of Germans and McLaren haven't EVER been a British team in my view, despite being based just down the road, they exude a faceless corporateness that I find distinctly unappealing... :unsure:

Uhuh.

McLaren have never been my favourite Brit team by any stretch.

Y'know, the thing that really pushed the nostalgia button for me, this year, was seeing the Renaults racing with a Blue, yellow and white colour scheme. Almost brought back the Mansell glory days, sort of.

Anyway, Williams need to sort their car out to the point where it's overwhelmingly successful then offer Lewis a drive IMO.

Hopefully they'll break with their own little tradition and WON'T sack the reigning world champion when it happens though.

I think that any GP driver who opens his big gob and whimpers about something utterly pathetic (Raikkonen during last years spygate, and moaning at the Australian GP...Massa saying Sutil should have yielded at Valencia...Hamilton saying that he was ahead of Raikkonen in the bus stop...or Alonso every time he opens his yap) should be forced to drive an Andrea Moda Formula at the next race. For that matter, JYS, Stirling Moss and Niki Lauda can keep schtum too. Those old farts are just begging for something to have a moan at.

I'm pretty sick of all the little baby-ish emo-ism that is currently coming out of what are supposedly professional racing drivers.

I think that any GP driver who opens his big gob and whimpers about something utterly pathetic (Raikkonen during last years spygate, and moaning at the Australian GP...Massa saying Sutil should have yielded at Valencia...Hamilton saying that he was ahead of Raikkonen in the bus stop...or Alonso every time he opens his yap) should be forced to drive an Andrea Moda Formula at the next race. For that matter, JYS, Stirling Moss and Niki Lauda can keep schtum too. Those old farts are just begging for something to have a moan at.

I'm pretty sick of all the little baby-ish emo-ism that is currently coming out of what are supposedly professional racing drivers.

Amen to that....race car drivers really have nothing useful to say most of the time, nor do we expect them to. So really they should not be talking as much as they do now....

Archived