New western arms m4 cqb

fiddlesticks4220

Repaired the bolt stop and had a look at the bolt carrier. Both areas show wear, but I don't know what wear is from pre-steel piece falling off and what was after. Regardless, the bolt stop function works again as it is supposed to.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone mind actually doing a review with all these clinks and flaws they've posted to make everything a whole lot easier to read for future purposes instead of blogging it in this thread where newer members probably won't be able to find? Just a suggestion...

I was fortunate in that the steel piece fit back into the larger piece of the bolt stop. I used 3M structural adhesive to fasten the two parts together again. With luck it will hold up until an all steel part is released.

It is possible to use an AEG inner barrel?

I saw the new G&P fronts but no longer inner barrels

thanks!

The correct question would be: "is it possible to use AEG inner barrel without modification?"

Answer is no

But if you'll find someone who will modify it for you - then it's possible.

PS

BTW - who said longer inner barrel in case of WA M4 will improve anything? The volume of gas in blowback chamber is constant and it seems to me it's equals the inner volume of short inner barrel of WA M4 CQB-R. If it won't be so - i doubt WA wouldn't go for full size M4.

I'm guessing that the short barrel was to keep the velocity down. The barrel is shorter than the front sight post.

We'll see what happens to velocity when I get a longer barrel cut this week. Maybe nothing, maybe something. I suspect it'll be an increase.

Remember that gas guns work off or the expansion of the gas released. The longer the barrel, the more time for the gas to continue to power the bb, there is no suck back like with an aeg. Longer, tighter barrels work wonders with gas guns.

PDI is scheduled to release barrels "soon".

Remember that gas guns work off or the expansion of the gas released. The longer the barrel, the more time for the gas to continue to power the bb, there is no suck back like with an aeg. Longer, tighter barrels work wonders with gas guns.

Awesome. A slightly longer barrel would be awesome for CQB with 134a.

Thanks, yep, I was aware of that. I did order the RS MIAD full set that includes the trigger guard piece, however I also have a TangoDown Pistol Grip which I like the feel of too. So should I wish to switch out the MIAD to the TD, I'd like to have the option of still having the enhanced grip on there.

Let us know how the Tango Down grip fits. The RS MIAD is soo comfortable and fits perfectly on the stock WA receiver .

Awesome. A slightly longer barrel would be awesome for CQB with 134a.

I could see a setup like that working out well since you get to keep the power but don't put as much wear and tear on the gun.

You would definitely want a duster adapter though.

I could see a setup like that working out well since you get to keep the power but don't put as much wear and tear on the gun.

You would definitely want a duster adapter though.

Hheheh when I say 134a I really mean duster. It actually runs fairly well on Duster(Radio Shack).

Also for the guys who are interested....my RS upper shipped today, so I should have it by wed/thurs it looks like. Here's hoping it fits, because that would simply be awesome if it does :)

Buddy of mine had an A2 upper sitting around doing nothing. I tried it out and...no, not a drop in fit.

The good news is that the bolt carrier and charging handle drop right in. The bad news is that the front pin lug is too narrow, resulting in side to side slop of about 3-4mm as the upper flops back and forth against the pin slots in the lower.

The overall length is incorrect, as well. Material would have to be removed from the rear of the receiver to allow it to close. It should be doable, Poison123, but it's not a drop in.

In other news, my review is about 2/3 finished. I'll get it posted by Friday latest.

This is true. Anyway i agree - tightbore won't hurt and to check longer barrel effect we just need to try.

I'd say a full length M4 carbine innerbarrel might really make a difference even with duster gas. It might improve the performance enough (for me at least) without resorting into green gas, which would damage the gun in the long run. I could easily live with around 300-330fps velocities. And where I live duster is also much more easily available than more powerful gases.

And maximum allowed here is 1.6 Joules (415fps with 0.20g BB's) so I might even be able to use green gas with longer barrel without making it too powerful... :blink:

Buddy of mine had an A2 upper sitting around doing nothing. I tried it out and...no, not a drop in fit.

The good news is that the bolt carrier and charging handle drop right in. The bad news is that the front pin lug is too narrow, resulting in side to side slop of about 3-4mm as the upper flops back and forth against the pin slots in the lower.

The overall length is incorrect, as well. Material would have to be removed from the rear of the receiver to allow it to close. It should be doable, Poison123, but it's not a drop in.

In other news, my review is about 2/3 finished. I'll get it posted by Friday latest.

Gotcha. *pulls out the dremel* Could have been worse I guess. :)

Archived