SCAR: VFC or Classic army

ErikBobbo

a friend wants a scar, but have no clue which is best of the CA or VFC scar-l

anyone knows the pros/cons on each

did a search, didnt find anything

I would go for a VFC, because the external finishing is just the best there is and should there be anything wrong or failing internally then it can be fixed and/or upgraded. Same cannot be said for the externals.

I own the CA SCAR in Tan and it is quite a beauty. Well the paint comes of pretty fast just staring at it and in order to convert it to a CQB version you need to buy an extra ounter. Never the less the internals are capable of taking much more that forum limits allow and the upper dosn't shine like the VFC one does. I also recommend reeding Far East review on the VFC SCAR.

VFC. No compromise.

Far East's review is excellent, and I'd second the notion of reading it if you have not done so already.

The attention to detail on the VFC is amazing, while the CA suffers from a few inaccuracies in terms of parts placement. I've also had some relatively poor experiences when trying to upgrade CA guns in the past, while players whom I have spoken to on upgrading their VFCs have said that they are more than satisfied with the results. In my opinion, the little features that VFC offers in their gun, such as the lack of exposed stock wires, or color matched receiver halves, make all the difference.

Far East's VFC SCAR review

VFC, the CA is silly looking. Internally it's pretty good, but the externals are REALLY bad IMO.

The VFC is great internally and externally, plus it's beautiful. I would have bought one but I went with a RS type 97. I still kinda want the VFC.

VFC all the way!

My team mate owns one and its awesome. The externals are amazing. The hop up is plastic but still is great cuz its bulletproof. Love the switching of barrels. Battery design is genius. Still can hole a 9.6v but without any wires exposing when the stock is in folded position. and IMO, the finish on the upper receiver is beautiful.

I own the VFC and have the Dboys BiFNSCAR replica on its way right now. From experience with the VFC, I can tell you it is a great weapon. The CA is a little cheaper, but you wont find the detail, craftsmanship or the reliablity in the CA SCAR that you will in the VFC.

Great gun overall and well worth the little extra money. My VFC is shooting around 350-360 with .20g BB's right out of the box, the hopup is very responsive and effective and the details will blow you away.

9/10 in my book, just because the lack of being able to use a larger battery.

My $.02.

VFC > Dboys.

You get what you pay for in Airsoft. That's the way it's always been. If you want to save money by purchasing a clone, you'll be sacrificing performance and durability, and will end up paying for it later.

I will agree that VFC is better than Dboys externally and internally, but clones DO NOT sacrifice performance and durability...

"You get what you pay for in Airsoft."

no, not all the time. for example, Systema PTW. my friends $105 FULL steel aks74u has more steel than it does on a VFC, and internally it is pretty darn good too. seeing as its a 99% clone of the VFC, it should be fine with durability. however the finish and details on the VFC blow the dboys or any clone out of the water. including CA

there is ALMOST a 300 dollar difference with the clone and VFC. if his friend doesnt care about his SCAR being the closest to the real steel as possible, then id say go for the clone.

you cant compare the dboys with the vfc, there is no competition. however i would compare the dboys with the CA. seeing as the dboys IS a CA clone and they are both Gen II SCARS.

paying up for it later? what, the price of the parts that you are replacing? do you know how cheap that will be? even if you replaced most of the parts in the gearbox, u STILL will have enough money for mags, optics, or rail accesories...

if your friend is a freak like me that cares about the attention to detail, and how close it is to the real steel, then get the VFC. no doubt.

but if he doesnt mind about some parts on the SCAR being an "older" generation, then go with the clone. go with clone because, the upper receiver on the dboys is anodized, not painted like asshat CA. plus it has some actual decent trademarks...

You DO sacrifice performance and durability with most clones.

Its really quite simple. The clones are NOT made to the same standard as the original in regards to materials, manufacturing methods, tolerances of parts etc.

Its pretty easy to tune a high end gun to shoot +/- 1 fps, ie consistently. Doing the same with a chinese clone is ALOT harder. If you want to dispute this i would highly suggest you spend more time inside of a mechbox.

I have not received the DBoys BiFNSCAR yet, but from just seeing the pictures, the finish on the DBoys blows the CA out of the water.

I will agree that the DBoys will in no way compare to my VFC SCAR-L Gen III in terms of performance, but it does come pretty close on the looks.

I plan to replace the less than desirable internals on the DBoys with some new spare V2 parts I have laying around and I brand new CA V2 GB shell I have as well. Pretty much I will have a full CA/Systema gearbox in a beautiful DBoys body that looks many times better than the CA and it will cost much less than a new CA SCAR-L with its horrible paintjob and its notorious tappet plate issues.

Pictures/Review up receipt.

Archived