M9 Choices...

Laxplayer19x93

I am looking to get an M9, hopefully before the summer, since I should have the money and I have always fancied them. I love the look of 'tacticool' M9's, ones with suppressors, hogue grips, lasers, etc. and I was wondering what would be the best M9 that I could buy, that has a good upgrade potential and has a lot of accessories available for it. I don't mind buying a metal slide so the M9 can run on Propane either, I'd just like the keep the pistol and slide at or under $200, not including accessories or upgrades. I've been told the KSC/KWA PTP M9 is the best bang for my buck, but I was also wondering about the TM Tactical Master, and possibly the different WA M9's. Thanks in advance.

The HFC M190 is still better than the KSC M9.

It has a rail, is full metal, and accurate as hell.

According to justpistols, Snowman's site with TONS of reviews, the TM M9 is somewhat the worst GBB TM ever made in terms of exterior quality.

WAs are very nice, but waaay over your budget if you want a metal slide for those.

The TM Tactical Master should fit the bill. It's rather "tacticool" already with a rubberized grip and skeleton hammer. A metal slide takes away most of the toyish feel, so the plasticky standard finish won't be an issue. And it's not really that bad, considering how obviously shiny plastic guns there are out there. Of course it's no match for a WA Carbon finish, but for that you have to pay. On the upside the TM internals are reliable and easily swapped for upgrade parts.

-Sale

KSC M9 all the way...

Much better than the TM Tactical Master I used to own...and plenty of aftermarket accessories.

I know there used to be KWA M9s on the market too...but haven't seen any floating about in a while..

Ditto on the KWA M9 PTP, it's really good. I compared the TM tac master and the KWA PTP side by side, the KWa was way better. Shot better too.

If only it came in chrome or silver and I would buy it. The WA M9s are great from what I hear, but I can never get a an answer on which M9 to get. The cougar seem to be one of the better ones to have.

The HFC M190 is good, I think it would be a good starter pistol, but the trades really kill it for me. I rather have a KJW to be honest. Over the 190 I would get a TM M9, and over that I would get a KWA PTP. And over that a WA M9, if I knew which one to get.

Anywho.

The HFC M190 is still better than the KSC M9.

It has a rail, is full metal, and accurate as hell.

According to justpistols, Snowman's site with TONS of reviews, the TM M9 is somewhat the worst GBB TM ever made in terms of exterior quality.

WAs are very nice, but waaay over your budget if you want a metal slide for those.

I read the review of the HFC M190 on Snowman's site, and I was wondering if the pistol's failure to lock the slide back on an empty magazine holds true for warm weather, or was this just a problem because it was cold during Snowman's review?

On a different note, what is a decocker?

I read the review of the HFC M190 on Snowman's site, and I was wondering if the pistol's failure to lock the slide back on an empty magazine holds true for warm weather, or was this just a problem because it was cold during Snowman's review?

On a different note, what is a decocker?

I would like to note that I have an HFC M190, and the slide lock never fails to engage unless I'm running low on gas.

A decocker is a lever that lets the hammer go back up without firing a round. The HFC M190 does not have one; I just put my thumb on the hammer, pull the trigger, and let it up . You could also eject the mag and do it too. That makes it easier to not vent a small spurt of gas, which will happen if you do it wrong otherwise.

The WA M9s are great from what I hear, but I can never get a an answer on which M9 to get. The cougar seem to be one of the better ones to have.

The Cougar isn't an M9 (92FS)... That's like saying the Colt 25 is the best 1911 to have...

The HFC M190 is good, I think it would be a good starter pistol, but the trades really kill it for me.

The latest M190s don't have any trades, like most KJWs.

Cheers.

Well all the HFC m190's are based around the same base gun, so I'm going to go ahead and say that ALL of them are compatible with TM parts, HFC just like changing the grips, fire selector and adding things to the rail.

If any of them however ISN'T compatible (not including the Cougar), it would probably be the one labeled LUXAIR by Redwolf, as thats a copy of the 90Two. But I am willing to bet it is still compatible, although having not seen one myself I don't know for certain.

So they are all pretty much the standard model! :P

Also I don't suppose anyone knows EXACTLY what gives the m190 the full auto mode? I know the fire selector is different, but I'm trying to figure out if the trigger bar is different too, see if I can pick up the parts somewhere ;)

Wings :detective2:

Well all the HFC m190's are based around the same base gun, so I'm going to go ahead and say that ALL of them are compatible with TM parts, HFC just like changing the grips, fire selector and adding things to the rail.

If any of them however ISN'T compatible (not including the Cougar), it would probably be the one labeled LUXAIR by Redwolf, as thats a copy of the 90Two. But I am willing to bet it is still compatible, although having not seen one myself I don't know for certain.

So they are all pretty much the standard model! :P

Also I don't suppose anyone knows EXACTLY what gives the m190 the full auto mode? I know the fire selector is different, but I'm trying to figure out if the trigger bar is different too, see if I can pick up the parts somewhere ;)

Wings :detective2:

The only difference is in part 30, the selector mechanism; the trigger bar is the same.

I have seen an HFC M190 semi auto version fire in full auto as a malfunction. I believe that was the fault of the cold, or some junk getting stuck in the mechanism, or both.

Edit: Here, you might want this if you don't have it yet

post-40541-1212017017_thumb.jpg

Semi auto version? Part 30 in that is the same as the semi ones! The full auto version has a little bit that sticks out the bottom of it. I'll bet HFC just use the same exploded diagram however!

Luckily I do have the part from an old full auto one (broken spring) so I might see if I can knock up a CAD file of it, possibly see how much it would be to get a couple of them made.

Semi auto version? Part 30 in that is the same as the semi ones! The full auto version has a little bit that sticks out the bottom of it. I'll bet HFC just use the same exploded diagram however!

Luckily I do have the part from an old full auto one (broken spring) so I might see if I can knock up a CAD file of it, possibly see how much it would be to get a couple of them made.

This is something of a low-tolerance part, so I feel that I have to warn you that unless you are proficient at some CAD software, there isn't much chance that it will work. If I'm In the full auto version, this part is actually two parts and a spring, or am I mistaken?

Plus they sell them separately at UNcompany.

I personally own a KJW M9. It's one of the newer ones and it is quite nice. Adjustable hopup, crisp blowback and sound, and good gas efficiency. I have no xp with TM's, but you can get some metal body parts for it, and with the right internal upgrades, they can become a real tack driver. If you want the best bang for your buck, might I suggest a KSC. The "pistol guru" of my local forum highly reccomends them. He has a pair of them, for nearly 3 years now, and they still run very nicely. Nice blowback, and more than enough power. Don't waste your time with the Western Arms M9's. They are not worth the extra money you'll shell out for them.

KSC/KWA M9-I have had two for 3-4 years now and they are very good. Very dependable and one of the few models that has the operating hammer drop/safety.

KWA PTP M9-I dont have one but have fired it-excellent! I'd buy one myself, however my KSC M9's are going strong and I have 6 spare magazines for them. They wont work in the PTP and I'm not looking to spend a lot of money on spare mags right now.

Archived