Custom SL47 project.

chownsy

Mr Evil presents SL47

After failing to sell my AK47 and having parts left over from my G36 sniper project I fancied making a new rifle,

So I got a BE Sl8/9 stock and made it fit my AK. I had to cut the stock down enough to fit the receiver into it. And then plastic welded it all together, I made sure the mechbox still came out of the receiver and that it all fired ok.

pic01246zi0.jpg

pic01244lw6.jpg

pic01245an8.jpg

pic01251td5.jpg

pic01247fq5.jpg

pic01249gs7.jpg

Once that it was all in place I rebuilt the stock around the back of the receiver and then body filled most the holes so that it was reasonably smooth,

Next I modified the top rail off the SL8/9 and plastic welded it to the top hand-guard, (had to remove the AK rear sight) after the weld had cooled I filled all the holes with filler

pic01250it4.jpg

Rubbed down the filler until I was happy, and the cleaned all the dust off and gave it a quick coat off light coloured paint for a primer.

Finally gave it a coat off matt suede touch brown on the stock and fore-grip and a coat of gloss brown metal paint for the receiver and barrel

Final product is a SL47 took me 1 day of hard work to complete.

pic01253lg2.jpg

pic01254bb1.jpg

Hmm, that's a really unique and unusual idea - I really like it. Though it could be a lot smoother. And the colour is a bit off - Grey and black would suit it more.

Yea i know, well when i get more paint i will re-fill some parts to smooth it up and then repaint it better.

aha i made this for the unholy fusions thread a while ago.

Yea but this is actually in my hands, thats just on the computer.

Interesting, though I'm not sure about the colour.

And I'm wondering too, what's up with all the Hekler und Kalashnikov designs cropping up of late?

colour will be changing soon as i can get some better paint colours, I PROMISE :)

Only reason i did this was because they both use a version 3 gearbox so i knew they were of simular size and worked well.

• 1 month later...
You...you...you...

You need to be killed before you can cause any more damage...

you're the sole reason god kills tiny kittens!

God dont exsist so i am all ok :)

i like it and got a custom bipod going to be made by myself soon.

still waiting on the putty

keep ideas, thoughs and suggestions coming

Looks like *suitcase*. why on earth did you use the scope mount like that? Pre-made and better solutions exist.

thanks for your imput, and because i wanted to, i wanted to use all the bits i have in my spares box, and i done it like that so i can still get the top cover off and strip it all down.

And yes it dont look great but its a support weapon now so will just not need to have a scope on it.

OH yea also its not finished either, the front has lots to be done to it still, ( as i said im waiting on some epoxy putty)

Frankly, it's hideous, but I mean that in the nicest possible way :D

Top marks for ingenuity, just make sure you sand the filler really smooth before you paint. Also, can I suggest a camo paint job? Not digital, something fairly traditional.

good luck luck,

Matt

im awesome at camo paint jobs. but goibg to see what black looks like 1st.

the paint atm is just temp one

Richard

maybe custom fit a c-rail, i know you want to use all the parts you have but basically it would be a SL8ish aeg, that takes ak clips, which i think a spentz short mag would look pretty nice, also alot cheaper and higher cap then sl8 mags.

thank's all for the imput so far. im going to use full size mags for this as its a support rifle and will be running on 9.6v or 10.8v

When i have done all i want ill show the next pic and ask for further imput as i have a few more changes in my mind

Richard

support weapon, hmmm didnt think that would be the case however i could see that looking pretty awesome. i just had in my head it was a DMR rifle for some reason. anyways consider using a drum mag? that might look pretty nice.

I have a drum for it, and on 9.6v the drum cant keep up with the extra ROF.

Archived