Duel wielding pistols?

alston251

Btw on the subject of duel weld, one of the most epic duel welding scenes I've ever seen was in the starting bit of Appleseed Ex Machina. It's totally awesomely epic just for the way the character Briareos reloads.

Have a look, scroll forward to 7.18 for those of you who just want to see the duel welding and reloading part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS8a2hSoGQQ

Of course, if you were a cyborg you could do that, and also what he does here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu_kyPnevr8

Scroll to 8.50

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hehe, I dual welded a pair of G18c's 50 rnd mags in each... JEEZ that was fun on full auto. To be honest though I ran out of ammo VERY quick and with the constant blowback pelletes went everywhere, like a wall of white... I hit 1 person... was fun though :D

When stuck in a room at FCS with two guys trying to charge me i dropped to one knee and yanked out my pistols and blatted away at them, got one then took a shottie blast to the face lol.

But it was the most fun i have ever had, playing indoors with a pair of GBB's, one in holster other in hand, then when you need it just draw both and go mad.

But this is how one should dual weild.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=erFz8jBzkhQ&...feature=related

'FireKnife'

Lol why are we putting up with constant fumbling when there are so many cool ways to reload when dual welding :D That last bit with pistols is the ultimate CQB :D

Man movies make em look easy... my 1st ever experience with dual welding is with House of the Dead arcade machines. It wasn't easy to keep them pointed in and my arms ached majorly after awhile. But then I was what? 15 or 16 only? Dual welding is cool, but I do like using just one pistol to keep my other hand free for other things, or for my rubber knife :)

Btw thought this might be relevant here :)

mac1101265.jpg

As much fun as Dual Weilding is it just becomes completly inaccurate if you keep firing.

I try the old raise and fire one gun, drop it to my side, raise and fire the other one, that way you have both pistols firing but can look down the sites of one and not have to do it with both.

Or the point shooting idea, which i am fine with my 1911 but the shorter USPc makes it a little harder.

'FireKnife'

Well i have gotten used to the whole aiming 'one per entrance' as that way when travelling down a corridor or in a large room you keep the pistol aimed roughly and then look down the appropriate sites to the gun you wish to fire.

Also at work, when we had about 15 mins to spare i had fun teaching my mate how to clear a corridor (obviously without guns / kit) and he keeps doing it ever time he sees me down the corridor now.

'FireKnife'

for the 3 seconds before your mags are empty are youre stuck reloading 2 pistols, absolutley!

edit:

am I the only old-school DnD player who's bothered by the gross misuse of the term "dual wield"? (and doubly bothered by those who spell it "duel wield", like its a type of wielding specifically intended for dueling?)

I probably am. Oh well.

nope, there are more of us out here :D

I dual wield pistols as often as I can as its just so much fun, the games I get most enjoyment out of are those when I leave the aeg behind.

a mate of mine was telling a story of a night game, him and one other were hiding at the bottom of a hill I was hiding just down from the top (not skylined) they were waiting to ambush a team and I was waiting to hook up with the same team. Team comes into the ambush zone and the 2 of them open up (using tracers with high tracer mix ammo) the team gets shot up pretty bad, next I'm charging down the hill (at an angle) with a pair of SV Infinities :D He claims to have been able to see the gas coming out from every shot as I pwned the pair of them ;) I now have Glock's and Desert Eagles now THEY are fun :D

Btw on the subject of duel weld, one of the most epic duel welding scenes I've ever seen was..

This.. At 4:00

..my 1st ever experience with dual welding is with House of the Dead arcade machines..

Is it house of the dead 3 with the shotguns? I tried to recreate the scene above..

Im not quite as big as the Rock, but i've got enough muscle to grip the slides! :D

(Got any bread? *poses with biceps* For the swans..)

Ouch that sound like fun.

I prefer my P226 in my right hand but if things get ugly, then i move the P226 to my left hand and then the USPc from the holster to my right hand, then i blat away until the situation goes back to normal.

Tis good fun, but i am planning on doing the same with my 1911 and a Detonics, just gotta get a TM Detonics first.

'FireKnife'

Nope you wont.

Try Youtube, gotta be a good two / three videos of dual Desert Eagle firing.

And i have even had a go with two airsoft Desert Eagles at the same time, one TM and one HFC, t'was fun.

'FireKnife'

Ah figures. Once you give most of the worlds kids the ability to video themselves (bad idea), theres 2-3 videos of everything. Including one of a kid shooting 30 rounds of a 550fps sniper directly into his leg...

Just proves the intelligence of the world when we are allowed free access to video broadcast.

Oh well when my video of 'What Would Brian Boitano Do' in a urban game comes out, it will just add to the insanity.

As for dual weilding, the whole focus of our topic, i have tried twin P90's for great fun and often resort to it in games where i get stuck in a room alone.

'FireKnife'

• 1 year later...
And I would imagine lasers to be good idea because with two pistols you can't use the sights on both pistols at the same time, so just being abe to put the two red dots on top of each other and fire away would be good!

that might work, but I would suggest getting 2 different coloured lasers (green and red) that way it's easier to differentiate which gun is pointed were.

Also, there's a good aiming technique that might also help accuracy here. you put your middle finger on the triggers and lay your index finger along the frame, then you point at the chest or stomach of the person your shooting at and fire. It actually works fairly well. Only problem is that some pistols (due to placement of switches and buttons) may not have an area were you cna lay your finger without affecting the operation of the pistol.

• 2 weeks later...

Aw man. And i read the whole thing, and wanted to post about dualwielding 100 round, railed/silenced Cyma Glocks. :'( Short story: 100 rounds in each hand = sex. Plus, 60 m/s means extreme safety, so i can open up almost point blank and i'm sure the other guy won't strangle me.

• 3 weeks later...

I've dual wielded pistols before, as my friend had forgotten my AEG and we weren't about to drive 2 hours back home to go and get it. It was fun indoors but outside it wasn't practical at all. I was able to sneak round corners easier than my other friends who were using AEGs and while we were indoors protecting an objective my friends got me to cover an entrance where they knew speed was the key, as in, I am able to aim and shoot my pistol quicker than someone using a rifle.

Archived