Marine Loadouts Pt.2

crackisbad

Yeah I saw that.

Matt, no. Seeing as my OTV is so goddam hot (I can suck up the weight and the heat, but the thing is I hate is taking it off and being all sticky. IDK if you know what I mean but if you do, then you understand how I feel) The FLC would be a lightweight setup for when I didn't want to wear the OTV or for when I run DCUs. But I also was thinking of ALICE with some ALICE SAW pouches, the ALICE IFAK, and canteen pouches. Lastly, I might also try for a CB FLC. I haz a connection who better not reveal himself like last time lol.

There is a solution to sweating in the OTV. Everytime you die, open it up and let it hang freely. I've been doing this on hot days and it keeps it from getting too bad under the shirt. What are you wearing under your MARPAT/Flightsuit? I would have figured the flightsuits would have been more suited to whicking water away then a standard MCCUU. I wear a standard cotton shirt (The garrison type, Brown, not green like it should be) under my MCCUU and it does a decent job of getting rid of moisture after I take the MCCUU top off. No more sweat problems!

Bits and bobs are starting to arrive for my leg rig. I got the leg rig yesterday. Never thought it would be so big! Mag pouches should be arriving anytime soon as well as the PANTAC stuff. We'll see how that all compares to the real stuff here shortly! (hopefully tomorrow)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I thought of that but respawn times are about 30 seconds, so it would be kind pointless. I'll try that thought between games when we got to go out and reload. I wear just a white t-shirt under the flighsuit, I have issues with underarmor though. It makes my torso itchy and I fell constricted in it.

Why even wear anything under the flight suit? You can be naked in that thing, I know I was.

:o:blink::unsure::rolleyes:

Typisch Marine!

"Man you are wearing underwear?"

"Boxers, yeah"

"I'm freeballin all the way to Baghdad"

Anyways, You could undo the OTV while you are walking back to your respawn unless of course you are dying outside the respawn?

I dunno when I die it usually takes me 2-3 minutes to get back to base to respawn. That in combination with some cool water put in the Camelbak the night before and put in refrigorator keeps me cool all day in Nebraska Summers (90-100 degrees F with 100% humidity) No problems with dehydration here :)

Tomorrow I go and snag the last of my packages so hopefully pictures maybe this weekend? Maybe? I dunno yet.

It's a September 25th Miracle! My dad has a TM M9 GBB in his office! I hope it's for me. :).

Anyway, the games end when they blow the whistle. At one point I had my OTV off and a bunch of other 13 year olds with BDUs and ALICE hovering over me like I was some kind of god. But yeah, I suppose if the drag handle didn't rip (I tell the guy to not touch it but I might as well have been speaking gibberish) I could carry it around like that in respawn and cool off.

UrPeaceKeeper, I hope I did not just read that you have been drinking chilled water. The stuff needs to be at a certain temp for it to be absorbed into your body, and that certain temp. isn't chilled. I think it's a bit warmer than that. Try using just room temperature water, it should be absorbed faster, so you will suffer less from dehydration and you won't have water sloshing around in your belly when you run.

Squeezee, good work on the M9! I love my TM M9, to the point where I've seriously considered buying another one, but I can't find any ACM Left handed SERPA holsters :(

Perhaps people here should try combat shirts/FROG suits? I bend the rules of my Marine loadout a bit with that, I wear a MARPAT Combat Shirt from Krukspec, and I will probs be buying one of these new Airsoft Shirts from RipReady (Going to ship him some real Marine Corp MARPAT so he can do it). The combat shirts are great.

Says who? Spreading rumours and hoping some kids take the bait?

I wonder if more than a handful Marines ever used the E-OTV made by Savannah Luggage.

E-OTV is not even yesterday, it's the day before yesterday and to say it's seen more and more in the Marines is so off, it's almost not funny anymore. :D

After the conventional OTV/IBA came the MTV and now it's the MTV, Eagle PC, Scalable PC and FLC that are used depending on the location and scenario.

Wasn't my intension to spread a new rumor. Was picked up here somewhere in the forums and seems to be based on a book (based on facts)

This has nothing to do with spreading out baits for little kids.

What wonders me most is why you did have to respons in such a sniffy way to my post. It feels like you want to make people belief you have bigger balls and more knowledge than others.

I only wanted to share impressions with others but you seem to know it better all down the road :rolleyes:

Lol Perch.

Anyway, I just saw a left handed SERPA replica McArthur. if I can go find it in my browsing history I'll PM it to you. But sadly, unless he is playing a joke on me, the M9 seems like it's my dad's, and I can't use it. He did the same thing with my boots though. For the first couple of days all he said was that they were the wrong size and make, and he was sending them back. Then he told me they were mine. I'm hoping for the same with the pistol.

Squeeze: Not sure if you already do it, but I would remove the throat, yoke & collar protectors when airsofting. However, without a doubt the FLC will be more comfy.

I really did like my FLC, shame I had to sell it. When I first started airsofting, I wanted to make my kit similar to the US 'Medic' kit from Battlefield 2. This pic was taken some 4 years ago.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r204/BB...ics/airsoft.jpg

Anyways, I think I am almost finished with my M16A4, I am still playing with the idea of getting a PEQ and a Flashlight. What PEQ unit would you guys recommended, preferably something close to the real dimensions? I had a G&P unit, but it housed a 10.8v battery and it was ginormous.

DSCN1075.jpg

DSCN1080.jpg

You should get a FN low receiver. Would looks better :)

About the PEQ, get the VFC's one. Not expensive, real dimension, good looking ... It's fine.

Or, there is the new G&p one. It has a light and laser, if I remember well, and real dimensions.

Lastly, the MEU SOC doesn't work for a grunt set-up.

Nothing, or M9, it will be okay.

Hope this help.

Greetings,

Trzewinski.

Yeah, once I get everything else, I do plan on getting an FN receiver, but it's not too high on my priority list.

I know the MEU doesn't fit, but I sure love 1911s. :D Plus I have woman sized fingers and I found the M9 trigger pull too long when I used to own a TM M9.

Cool, I'll check out those PEQ units.

Thanks

Who makes those mag pouches Badly Browned? Anyway, looks awesome. For some reason I can't but but think I have seen you and that FLC somewhere else on Arnies lol.

Anyway, I don't have a groin protector, I don't mind the collar, and the throat piece I leave flapping on the side. I think I will either flip it around and wear it backwards or take it off because somehow for the last game I had it shoved into my hand in a pitch black hallway. I was shooting while trying not to drop it lol.

UrPeaceKeeper, I hope I did not just read that you have been drinking chilled water. The stuff needs to be at a certain temp for it to be absorbed into your body, and that certain temp. isn't chilled. I think it's a bit warmer than that. Try using just room temperature water, it should be absorbed faster, so you will suffer less from dehydration and you won't have water sloshing around in your belly when you run.

Never had a problem. It doesnt get that cold sitting in there. By the time I get to the field (30-50 minutes in a car) it's usually warmed up a little from the fridge anyways. I consider it the ideal temperature :) I have no issues at all with water sloshing or dehydration. 3L of water.

SDS? I have never seen them in that style, at least not in coyote.

Yeah that is where I saw them. Inclimate weather thread.

ANyway, I am considering leaving my camelbak behind for some MOLLE canteen pouches seeing at I hardly drink any of the Camelbak.

Ok Im looking to do a MSOB loadout in the late future :(

And this is the list I have (not looking to spend alot of money on this)

M4 14.5 In., PEQ 2, Flashlight ( would M951 be ok ), and Eotech ( Im not sure if this is ok )

All CB

Land Ciras w/ pouches

Woodland Marpat

Mich (with some kind of spray paint

Ess Goggles

Desert Boots

No pistol

This is the Ref Pic

http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee323/J...n123/FR1431.jpg\

Does this sound ok?

Well if you want USMC here are your options:

Marine Infantry:

OTV

EOTV

MTV

SPC (Scalable Plate Carrier)

FLC

Marine Force Recon

CIRAS

MCAV

MBSS

EPC W/C (Eagle Plate Carrier with Cummerbund)

Other than that it won't be USMC.

MFR use the EPC without cumberbund.

And isn't the MCAV a grunt thing? Not sure if FR/MSOB use it. Could someone verify, as I had been wondering about this as well.

P.S. nice blaster, where did you get the stock?

Archived