Weesatch/Wasatch Discussion

sigmaboy

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decided to mix it up a bit... some DA-ish thingie, better for getting in and out of cars, windows and whatnot, by minimizing amount of dropleg stuff... It feels strangely comfortable actually...

But methinks I'll go back to using the dropleg again after all... :>

9282018kf4.jpg

Oh, blackopssniper92, this ought to give you a better idea about how the sling is fixed :)

It's not that bad really... guess bits and pieces sticking out of it sticks to the PALS webbing...

no doubt I get help from the fact that there's -two- attachment points and gravity as well though..

It's no problem ie for clearing rooms and such (the rifle is too hot to be used indoors due to regulations), but I wouldn't want to run a mile with it on my back, I'd rather grab it by the carryhandle at that point...

I've been running up and down stairs with it and such though...no problem.

And the stock is generally folded when I throw it over my back, mind you

got it. i love it so far. my only gripe is the face that its a little front heavy, but ill fix that with a hydro pack later on. pics

10080800154321.jpg

1008080013.jpg

1006081948.jpg

also, about hte ipod earphones. i was walking around the house with the vest on, lisetening to itunes.

What the woosatch is for whoever wanted to know. The clone might actually be a Wasatch mislabelled though, haven't seen the clone so can't comment.

http://www.optactical.com/hsgiwoosatch.html

The Woosatch is the next generation of development of the HSGI Wasatch line. The basic concept is, this is a plate carrier/ RACK type system, without the integrated front ammo pouches, so what you have is a bare bones rig, covered with PALS/ MOLLE webbing.

Hmm, Weesatch vs. RAV...

Main problem with the weesatch would be the lack of large pockets so I'd have to also get a dump pouch as I carry my house around with me. (Not really, just for gas or whatever its often useful)

the 'satch plate carriers will -always- be front heavy unless you get a MAP and fill it with cement.

don't worry though, if you get proper hard plates for it and tighten it up the way it should be, and it'll ride nice and comfortable :)

I was going to say... With SAPI plates, it rides nicely. I'm actually surprised it stays level with 20+ magazines on the front and hydration on the back.

I can't wait to play again!

Got to keep this thread alive, lads and lasses...

1012032gf4.jpg

Just ridid my bib config for kicking in some doors and taking names...or something cheesy like that.

Also working on setting up a rig of carabiners on the back to be able to properly carry my backup shotty without it being in the way...more on that when it's finished.

old weesatch pic, loaded to the max :P

IM000264sm.JPG

how i ran it this summer at gunman

IM000569.jpg

It's the Proud version, i've had for over 2 years, and still running great.

It's a great PC, but i only wish it had some real estate at the sides, like i have on the cumberband of my HPC, if it would have that, i'd use it over the HPC much more.

sturgis, HSGI has made a cummerbund for the 'satch series, they even have pockets for ballistic inserts if you're into that...

Not too expensive either, actually... have a gander at SKD, they have it in stock :)

also... why'd you get a -brown- one, if you don't mind me asking?

sturgis, HSGI has made a cummerbund for the 'satch series, they even have pockets for ballistic inserts if you're into that...

Not too expensive either, actually... have a gander at SKD, they have it in stock :)

also... why'd you get a -brown- one, if you don't mind me asking?

hey, cool! didn't know that, do you have a link to SKD ?

Well, i got this in a trade a few years back, so choosing colors was not an option :)

cheers, i've been checking it out, but i'm not sure if it would fit the proud version... as it seems the front of it clips onto some buckles on the front of the weesatch, wich mine doesn't have have..

Confussiing thing is, in the pictures of the HSGI weesatch, it has the buckles in some pictures, and in some it doesn't...

And yeah, +80$ is abit steep on what i'd be willing to spend on it hehe, i'll have a browse on ebay and see what that turns up...

If it's any consolation, my HSGI Wasatch doesn't have any either.

I'm not certain, but this image has led me to believe that the buckles are actually side release buckles like these that are attached to the PALS webbing of the 'satch.

To be honest, I find anything but this explanation hard to believe, as you would have to re-do the entire front of the plate carrier to add this if not.

- Pkekyo

Archived