Navy SEAL Pictures/Discussion Pt.3

Titleist

I think if we had a subforum just for finished impressions, and i mean finished not i just felt inspired, then we have enough people who have that level of work in their impressions to put together at least 10 or so options for people with pics and full lists of gear used. It really is impossible to dig through this heap. Its like finding a straw of hay in a needlestack.

While I hear you, the problem become WHO picks those finished rigs, and how is it prevented from just becoming another SEAL debate thread. And if we pin finished rigs that's a slippery slope as we'd then have to draw a line between what impressions count for being pinned to begin with.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, who is to say one persons impression is better than another. Especially with the multitude of different gear and equipment being used.

You can try to compile as many lists of known, used gear and equipment, but thats about it.

Even so, who decides what get published and what doesnt, what is correct and complete and what isnt?

Can anybody tell me if this is a good seal setup?

1stline

Molle Belt

- double pistol mag pouch

- mag drop pouch

- Safariland

2nd line

-Hugger PC

-replica LBT 1961a or eagle chest rig

-Some kind of hydration pack(most likely a MAP style pack)

Wear

-DCUs( most likely with ACU top)

-riggers belt

-Nomex flight gloves

-Mich 2000 w Norotos mount

Comms

-Mbitr (fake)

Weapons( still haven't figured out which one to get yet)

-M4A1 R.I.S

-MK18

-SCAR-H(I know it isn't used, but what the hell)

-M14 EBR

-Kimber Warrior( I know it isn't used but it is my only working pistol i have right now)

It sounds good but I would get a regular duty belt and get a P226 instead of the Kimber no matter how cool it is. But because you don't have another gun it would be fine. I'd also get the M4A1 or EBR

I would also not wear the ACU top because everyone seems to do that now, kind of lame to look like everyone else, even more with the Hugger+LBT. Just my opinion though...

But its all about accuracy so its good the way it is, except the sidearm and belt.

Take a few moments to remember a fallen sailor.

This guy was a hero, anyone who is willing to put down their life for the sake of others is, in my book. Just keep him in mind today. He passed September 29th, 2006.

Rest in peace Michael Monsoor.

http://www.navy.mil/moh/Monsoor/tribute.html

OW! that sucks!

From all i know, the Mk.18 is very rarely seen int the Teams, its pretty much VBSS that use it. SEAL's use M4A1'a and CQB/R's. Still, I'd either go with the M4A1 or EBR as you don't have the CQB/R listed.

EBR is kewl but heavy. M4 and M4 CQBR FTehW! And Sig P226R is a must. Good luck CFQ123.

Ya the EBR is sooooo sexy but the only thing making me not buy it is(shortage of money) its weight!

P226 has to be there, if you want a sidearm. I've seen a guy with a Glock in a picture of SEAL's but I don't know if he was one because everything looked off. I have a Glock but I really, really want to get a P226 :( the Glock is good for now tho.

Good call. For those of you who didn't catch it or don't keep up with politics, here is the video tribute to Michael that was played at the Republican National Convention.

Made me tear up when I saw it on TV.

Rest in Peace, Hero.

Yes, Rest in Peace.

Freedom isnt Free.

What about a SEAL info thread where its a sticked thread which only has densely packed info and relevant conversation which people can view? For instance, I have seen the Mk18 questions come up every other page, the coyote brown, OD, ranger green etc argument come up every few pages and a thread which was short and concise would help those questions from never being asked.

What about leaving it alone since this is only going to get the usual "search" and offended egos fired up again?

So any pics of a 552 in use by any NSW personel? I know the "SEALs" thing is a misnomer, but I've always wanted one, so I finally broke down and snatched up a TM and I'm looking to put it to use :D

What about leaving it alone since this is only going to get the usual "search" and offended egos fired up again?

Because if there was a dedicated information bank you wouldn't need to search through hundreds of pages of information and therefore there would be no drama surrounding "dumb" questions.

So any pics of a 552 in use by any NSW personel? I know the "SEALs" thing is a misnomer, but I've always wanted one, so I finally broke down and snatched up a TM and I'm looking to put it to use :D

Uhhh, EOTech 552 Holosight, Sig 552???

Archived