Navy SEAL Pictures/Discussion Pt.3

Titleist

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the Norotos really the only NVG mount used? I have the regular Army style NVG mount, lame, and I cant find any Norotos in stock anywhere thats not the G&P 80-90 dollar one. I'm not going to use it for more than looks so I was very interested in the Ebaybanned version and they seem to have no in stock :(

My MICH would look a billion times better with a Norotos, and a lot more SEAL. Right now its just the Velcro that gets the look but like every Special Unit has that...

img0231gb5.th.jpg

img0232xn3.th.jpg

Thats it, but a lot more worn. I currently have Foliage Green straps, also lame.

Thanks, I saw one on UNCompany and somewhere else, i don' know! But ya, I've always liked the Wilcox, I like the Norotos a lot better though and if I would get the Wilcox, I'd want it mounted at the level of the Norotos. As seen in some pics of SEALs(PJ maybe?). Just because it looks cool :D

Ya, Norotos is what I really want to get, for now my regular NVG mount will have to do as I have several things that are high up on my "want list."

hahaha i remember when i got some "lecture" from Titleist about using a USGI NOD Mount on a SEAL setup (thx to him, i'm encouraging myself to buy the norotos mount (even tho it's a fake chinese ABS one))

what i remember is some DevGru/SEAL pics that replace his Wilcox Mount with Norotos on his IBH.

hahaha i remember when i got some "lecture" from Titleist about using a USGI NOD Mount on a SEAL setup (thx to him, i'm encouraging myself to buy the norotos mount (even tho it's a fake chinese ABS one))

what i remember is some DevGru/SEAL pics that replace his Wilcox Mount with Norotos on his IBH.

Those were DEVGRU.

When you've got real PVS units dangling from your helmet/head you tend to get worried about them falling off. I like the arm more on the USGI rhino better than the norotos titanium arm. They're both Norotos made, but the Rhino style has no vertical travel adjustments, but it's tensioned so when you pull it down it pulls into place vs the Norotos Titanium arm which just kinda DROPS down with a thud. Not exactly thrillingly made in terms of quality. I've gone so far as to drill a hole through my Norotos shroud so that I can loop some 550 cord through (this is my 1-point), so when my PVS is used in a game everything is locked down tight.

Basically the shroud is held to the MICH, with screws, then the arm is on the shroud, then the j-arm is rubber banded (twice) to the PVS (the j-arm is just junk, total and complete junk), then the PVS is lanyarded to the shroud. So basically if anything fails it'd fall into my face vs dropping to the floor. Speaking of which why no one has made a replacement j-arm is beyond me.

MOOSE: foliage green straps? Krylon is your friend...

Oooh, I don't really want to Krylon it, wouldn't it be flaky and might get more uncomfortable? I understand you don't Krylon the inside of the strap but still. Plus, painted straps look bad, imo...

as an impression standpoint I have a question, I have RAID Uniform but nothing to throw on it, however I was looking at my local surplus store and seen some Unit patches and USN Uniform tapes, would I get flamed to high heaven if I bought one of each and threw it on my RAID uniform, not as some who is trying to be fake but as an impression.

The general consensus is if you didnt earn it, dont wear it.

Sorry I worded my question wrong, I will take pictures tomorrow to help the question.

I know it's not good to wear stuff you didn't earn, I have earned stuff threw the USMC but I still don't wear it to play. I was think more of the lines of a Photoshoot more then anything eles.

titleist :

still in dark here....what's the advantages of NOROTOS (shroud) than a regular USGI NOD Mount?

The USGI mount only holds itself on with 1 bolt in a fairly basic manner. Whereas the Norotos is contoured to the shape of the MICH, and in the case of the 3-hole there's NOT a chance it'll move. Even the 1-hole is tough as *suitcase*.

It's a completely different and better mount vs the USGI.

as an impression standpoint I have a question, I have RAID Uniform but nothing to throw on it, however I was looking at my local surplus store and seen some Unit patches and USN Uniform tapes, would I get flamed to high heaven if I bought one of each and threw it on my RAID uniform, not as some who is trying to be fake but as an impression.

Some people won't, some people will. I don't have a problem wearing unit patches and whatnot because current and retired servicemembers not only don't have a problem with it, but they have in fact encouraged me to wear their unit's patches. Other people, however, will say that they had to earn the right to wear their patches through much hard work and endurance, and civvies shouldn't just throw them on to play dress-up.

It just comes down to what you think is appropriate.

Archived