Heavy BBs disappearing everywhere

HC Airsoft

Normally I consider my role on the field more of a DM, but this issue directly concerns all those who feel the need for more range from their airsoft.

Heavyweight bbs are disappearing from the market. Straight's .36 and .43 are sold out everywhere that I have checked, as is the ammo of choice for my M14, the KSC .3 gram perfect.

I was told about a month ago that KSC would resume production of these heavyweight bb's, but so far they have not.

Am I the only one with a dwindling bag of heavy bb's who is concerned their favorite rifle may become nearly useless due to a complete lack of heavyweight ammo?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exscuse me for just pointing that out. Try poweredge usa for the ksc's. And when i said .3o's i never said ksc . There are many other brands that make good quality .30's. BTW you can alwayse ask in the bb discussion thread where to buy. And magnum bb isnt unkown here on arnies, although they are fairly new. I have talked to them and there bb's will be heviweight and the same quality or better as sgm's. I never insulted you at all so i would appreciate it if you would lay off .

How's about you both calm down? Tis the internetz afterall.

Anyway, the reason for heavy weight (.3+g) BBs drying up is that the manufacture of these BBs by Japanese manufacturers has been made redundant because of the 0.98J law in Japan whereas we would tend to use .36s in rifles firing at 2.12J with a .2. I imagine its perhaps a degree of Japanese culture for them to just discontinue the .36s and .43s than bother making smaller batches for international export.

Straight .3 (non teflon) are out there from Hong Kong, not sure what availabilities like in the states though.

Im sorry, I really wasnt trying to be venomous.

I appreciate anything anyone has to say in response to my post. More than anything else Im upset that something I sort of took for granted has completely disappeared from the market.

What other brand .3gram bbs do you recommend, and where can I buy them?

Cobra Airsoft sell Straight .3s

Begadi sell Xtreme .3s (very nice BBs) but not too sure if they ship to the US.

Unless you have a reason not too use them, most people would reccomend the .29 SGM as an alternative.

No problem m8, i am just fed up with some people because of there rudness to people they have never met before in my life. So no worries, i apologize for being venomouse back. But asRSM daid the fps laws in japan have seveerly affected our heviweght bb's. But magnum bb is a us based company and if you talk to him he may let you trial his bb's! So send him a pm if you are interested.

Its all in the Cost of the material used to make the bb and each company's process.

I'm not stating this as fact, but if you look at SMG's, the reason they are so great is because they have a 2 stage plastic process with a "heavy" core and a precision coating, which leads to a better than normal consistency. Extra work for 100,000 bb's costs allot. Now imagine that on a larger scale.

In making Heavy weight bb's you have limited routes to hit the weight you want.

You can shove more material in the small space or change the material used with a matching specific gravity. I went with the different material route because Its the only way I can reliably create my specs. Polystyrene or Polypropylene will only go so far, which is why .28's are common.

Granted, SMG's are roughly 5.96mm on average. If you bump the material and increase the size to 5.98mm, your gonna hit the mark.

I thought about starting with .30's first, But It seems people need more weight behind their bb's, so my .36's will be first, followed by .40g, .43g and .3g, (not in that order)

What I would like to do is develope a Bio .3g, .36g, .40g and .43g line of bb's. But money is tight and I'd rather not be one of the 80% of businesses that fail in 4 years.

I was going to order two Mags of the KSC .3s from Poweredge but they wanted $20 to ship the BBs.

I have two bags of Toyjet .29bbs on order from Ehobby so hopefully those don't suck to much. Other wise Madbull makes a good BB if you can find the .3s and I was also going to grabe a bag of the G&G .28s for a trail

I will post my findings

My vote goes to Xtreme Prcision 0.30g bb-s without a doubt. You just cant get any better price for that quality.

Still waiting for Magnum BB-s to hit the market. I do not even want to take my sniper rifles out of the closet if I cant use decent quality heavyweight ammo with them.

Bjorn

it sounds like this has turned from what to do about heavy bbs going away, and more to whats a cheap fix.

last i checked being a sniper was about the most expensive position, next to the geardo dmr guy on a team. so why opt for the cheap and or easy way out? 15-20s for 500 bbs is fine when those 500 are all great bbs and sgm's are about as good as it gets, i use them in my 600fps maruzen so heavier bbs arent a must but help in highwind situations.

Archived