Ebay Banned shops in europe

Svack

Reality check time.

Cheap, London & United Kingdom - 3 Things that very rarely ever go together.

Whoever it is who will be importing the stuff will have to pay VAT on the import, if they sell enough (which they probably will) they will have to charge VAT on the prices and then you've got all the rent, rates, insurance, utilities and the high tax that goes with operating a business in the UK, i think its highly unlikely they'll be much cheaper than any of the UK shops atm, let along matching the HK prices.

If they do manage to charge much less than any of the UK shops going atm though i'll be bloody amazed, and even if they don't it means you don't have to ###### about trying to get a *fruitcage* tracking number out of jesse!

EDIT : Oh, and your postage won't be free, just hidden in the cost of the item.

All I have to say is that the shops should think about giving themselves a different name than "Ebay Banned." Can you imagine a store in London with a big ol' sign out front that says "Ebay Banned?"

I wonder what passersby would think the store sold...

I think they should go with "EB Tactical" to keep the name recognition without saying "Ebay Banned."

You're all thinking about this wrong.. what if instead of lowering the prices in the new shops, they just increase the prices on the website, to give the shops more exclusivity. That'd be lame >.>

Lame but possible, they've been known to offer to increase prices in order to reduce comeption and increase margins for their trade customers before now ;)

EDIT : Doing that with shops in the EU would probably get them in trouble for price fixing, still, i wouldn't put it past them.

there is a big problem with this for EBB.

The gear is all made in the far east. To get it to the UK and Italy cheap enough to sell for "EBB" prices, they'll have to ship it on a container. This will take 6 weeks. In the meantime, does he hold stuff back from the website until it's in the shops, and risk another HK retailer selling it? Or does he put it on the website and everyone in the UK buys the hot new toy from the web anyway, as it'll be there in a week. ?

Hmmm, I have to agree with the reality check comments.

This will prolly be a tie in with Wolf, which would be smart as Wolf are so disgustingly over priced, they are simply a joke at the sites I attend. Yes, the service is excellent and they know what they sell and have a lot of hard to find items. However... I feel they are noticing the movement towards the cheapsoft side of things and this would be a great way to have a 'value' range.

I am shortly going to be UKARA reg'd so this is going to make a lot of things very interesting.

I do not for one second expect if a totally new location and shop is created, any where near London, that it will offer prices that are remotely similar to the current web site, unless the prices are increased quite significantly on the site.

I fully expect this will be the case as I think Paul wants to move to moving shipments of order in bulk rather than dealing with loads of small individual orders. Oh and does anyone really think any of the staff really have western names in real life? :rolleyes: Come on guys, its all part of the clever statigy going on here.

I have bought from ebaybanned and was very pleased with my order and the cost.

I think they are great and I would be very pleased if I could buy AEG's (and parts) from the UK from one of their UK stores at a great price. I doubt it will happen like this. We will probably have a new store with prices to match and possibly beat Action Hobbies and Airsoftworld. Perhaps by 10% or 15% which is not a bad thing of course!

I stand by my thoughts though that I think the new store will be a part of Wolf and it will be the EB Banned section of the shop with all the cheapsoft stuff when it becomes apparent that the buyer in the store is not going ICS or TM. If so a very wise move by Wolf.

All this is based upon my own thoughts and I have no proof or inside info.

I can tell you though that I visit London on a fairly regular basis to visit my companies head office and Wolf is a 5 min walk away. Unless its changed its store location. I never felt tempted to visit it even so as I know its reputation for over charging and I can't abide locations that rip people off.

What about copyright inflictions, I am sure most companies and manufactures couldn’t be bothered filing lawsuits because ebaybanned was in Hong Kong/China now that they have a physical shop in London wont they all just go crazy ?

I think what it means is that because its direct from ebaybanned it will be cheaper than the other uk shops who sell ebaybanned products for example wolf sell the serpa replica for £30 ebaybanned do it for £15, so they shop could do it for £14 ?

They should let me work there I would ace the customer service part apart from being a sales expert working for Harrods, Harvey Nicks, Selfridges and head hunted for John Lewis I would be working somewhere I actually want to be :) (paul if your reading hint hint)

Wolf?? Cheaper than somebody? No chance.

The whole copyright issue is a sticky one and it's going to be EBB's UK distributor that will pay the price for it. As to the people that saying they should sort out the current customer service issues.. surely by creating country specific distributors they are doing so. This would mean that EBB HK would be mostly sending out big orders to UK and Italy rather than wasting time sorting out lots of small orders.

They should let me work there I would ace the customer service part apart from being a sales expert working for Harrods, Harvey Nicks, Selfridges and head hunted for John Lewis I would be working somewhere I actually want to be :) (paul if your reading hint hint)

NOT JOHN LEWIS!! OMFG!!! WOWZORS!!!

My my, that's a mighty big trumpet you're blowing there Zak. :rolleyes:

Archived