Bush Or Kerry?

Plymouth Roadrunner

Who Do you want to win the election?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do you want to win the election?

• Bush
    • Kerry
    • Nader

The transportation where I am isn't screwed up? Then why are the roads full of potholes? public transportation doesn't exist here. The only trains we have run from the mine to the dock and don't carry passengers, an impressive 20 miles of track that's actually used for something besides storing railroad cars from every corner of North America

And the government here isn't trying to ban everything?

And the US government isn't issuing health warnings?

population density is also a problem in some parts of the US

At least you see your tax dollars at work, all our tax money goes to pay for tax cuts for the rich and "Homeland Security" (which is a crock of *beep*)

Obviously you haven't spent that much time in America, I've seen more than my fair share of graffiti and violent crime, it seems like every week there's a high speed chase up here and the odd robbery (and this is supposed to be one of the safest regions in America)

America isn't LA, New York, DC, or San Francisco, come to where the abandoned factories are, abandoned mines, boarded up buildings, and where public facilities have fallen into disrepair because of a lack of tax dollars, "Homeland Security" has the funding to put a wiretap on every damned phone in the county (and last time I checked there's nothing really worth destroying up here) and still the healthcare system sucks majorly and we don't have enough money to patch up the holes in our roads

That's America

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The transportation where I am isn't screwed up? Then why are the roads full of potholes? public transportation doesn't exist here. The only trains we have run from the mine to the dock and don't carry passengers, an impressive 20 miles of track that's actually used for something besides storing railroad cars from every corner of North America

At least you see your tax dollars at work, all our tax money goes to pay for tax cuts for the rich and "Homeland Security" (which is a crock of *beep*)

Obviously you haven't spent that much time in America, I've seen more than my fair share of graffiti and violent crime, it seems like every week there's a high speed chase up here and the odd robbery (and this is supposed to be one of the safest regions in America)

America isn't LA, New York, DC, or San Francisco, come to where the abandoned factories are, abandoned mines, boarded up buildings, and where public facilities have fallen into disrepair because of a lack of tax dollars, "Homeland Security" has the funding to put a wiretap on every damned phone in the county (and last time I checked there's nothing really worth destroying up here) and still the healthcare system sucks majorly and we don't have enough money to patch up the holes in our roads

That's America

Pretty much summed it up. I'd have to add the millions of illegal aliens pouring over the border though.

Brace yourselves for the rant of a lifetime...

Surely that's better than the 'cyclepath' in a town being 2ft long. There IS a town in the UK where that's the case. It's a joke.

The thing about the roads here is that they don't need repairing, but they're constantly being repaired anyway. No consideration is given to the motorists themselves. The government need to meet employment targets, so they employ people to work on the roads. They have to have something to do, so they cone off a 5 mile stretch of the road for 9 weeks in order to cut the graas by the side of the road. It's a f**king joke that I can't even get to school on-time 90% of the time due to the roads being in such a 'good' state... :rolleyes:

That's the problem though - employment targets. The country is becoming more and more overcrowded due to sh*te immigration laws (ie - none at all, really), so more people need jobs, so they get in everyone's way. In the USA, the immigrants you get blend in - in California, the Mexican immigrants we've seen have always had a proper job to do (of sorts), and their labour is actually NEEDED, so they don't get in the way.

They banned T-bone steak here a few years back... :rolleyes:

Now due to pressure from the government, fat people, rather than becoming thinner, simply become targets of more abuse, and their lives are made harder. If you're fat, you're fat - it's your choice. You shouldn't be forced into being thin. Can you believe that McDonalds and other fast-food outlets have now sopped 'super-size' meals in this country due to government pressure...

See above - at least you can live the life YOU want to lead in the US, rather than the life THE GOVERNMENT want you to lead...

Yes, but you can escape it. Go into Wyoming, for instance, and the density is very low. Here, it's high almost everywhere.

Also, while I'm here, the National Parks...

In the US, the National Parks are sensational, with the parkland actually being protected and home to a diverse range of wildlife. My holidays to the US always revolve around the NPs, and they are perhaps one of the biggest reasons why I wish to come to the US.

Here, our 'National Parks' are used for farming, and are no different from any other part of the country... :rolleyes:

Our tax money goes towards funding 2ft cyclepaths to comply with EEC regulations, and crocks of sh*t like the Millennium Dome - the glorified tent made to 'celibrate' the year 2000...

Yes, but in a small, 'close-knit' community of 1500 people, for 10% of the people to hang around on street corners and hurl bottles at people is unacceptable. Obviously you'll get some crime, but the 'saturday-night-drinking-10-pints-of-beer' mentality here is f**king everyone up...

America isn't LA, New York, DC, or San Francisco, come to where the abandoned factories are, abandoned mines, boarded up buildings, and where public facilities have fallen into disrepair because of a lack of tax dollars...

I know that. I spent 2 1/2 weeks this year touring round California (I don't mean a coach tour - I hate the things). The thing is, you have the option of living in bad areas or good areas in the US. We stayed a night at Lake Tahoe, and the streets were genuinely quiet at night. In the UK, there'd be drunks on the streets and people swearing, punching others, smashing stuff...

In the UK, you HAVE to live in cr*p areas, because there are no good areas. In the US, you can avoid those cr*p areas if you want to...

"Homeland Security" has the funding to put a wiretap on every damned phone in the county (and last time I checked there's nothing really worth destroying up here)...

Same here...

...and still the healthcare system sucks majorly...

Our healthcare system sucks b*lls too. We have a national outbreak of a virus in hospitals due to poor cleanliness. There are waiting lists of 2-5 years for cancer treatment. People with serious injuries have been known to be left on temporary beds in hospital corridors due to there being no space in the wards. It's pathetic.

The healthcare system may be just as bad in the US (unless you go private, which you can do here too - it's your only option for decent healthcare), but I fail to see how it can possibly be worse...

...and we don't have enough money to patch up the holes in our roads

See before. We don't really have the money to repair roads, which is nice because they're already in excellent condition. Shame they insist on repairing them then, and hiking taxes yet again to fund it... :rolleyes:

That's America

No, that's YOUR part of America. At least there you have a choice as to where you live - the good parts, or the bad parts. Here it's all sh*te...

You dont even know how bad it is here. Ive been tryign to get a job here for nearly 3 years. All of the fast food palces are filled with mexicans, forcing everyone else into other jobs, not to mention the fact our economy is shiz right now. I cant work fast food cause I dont speak spanish, and no other place will hire me cause I dont have experiance. Im now goign off to college and I have ot find soem way to live off 100$ a month.

Over the summer I filled out 11 job applications, everywhere from FedEx to Wal-Mart, I had an outstanding resume, and McDonalds was the only one that called back, 2 weeks before I went up to college.

Next summer I've been guaranteed a job working in a sawmill, in Birmingham Alabama, and I'm from Michigan (now I just have to find a way to get down there)

And you're saying there isn't a lot of people in bumf**k America that don't get drunk and vandalize things?

To illustrate a point: On a road cleanup, our section consisted of roughly 1.5 miles - we found 54 beer cans, 10 beer bottles, 3 wine bottles, 2 bottles of gin, a bottle of vodka, and a bottle of whiskey. The back roads of America are littered with beer cans and junk of every sort you can imagine.

Do you have any idea how much a house in a nice neighborhood costs over here? starting price is around $50,000-75,000 and that's a small house without a lot of basic furnishings, and it only goes up from there. I don't know about you but I don't have a lot of money so that I can move where I wish.

There's a town in Kalifornia that has a $500 fine for detonating a nuclear device within the city limits, how ridiculous is that now?

America isn't the land of the free, nor is it the land of liberty, democracy, or "the promised land" or any of that ###### you hear from American propaganda

The town I'm currently living in is considered to be one of the "most livable communities in America", then why the hell can't I find a job? why are the roads full of holes? why is it in one person's view (and she was a German foreign exchange student) and I'm quoting her directly "America is the worst shithole I've ever seen". I've talked to Americans who've moved to Europe and they say it's the best thing that's ever happened to them, is that telling you anything now??

Why is America so great? You haven't seen America for what it really is, try getting away from the coast and go through the interior, go to where the abandoned factories and mines are, where the boarded up businesses are, and where everything has fallen into disrepair because the businessmen (who are the ones who actually run the country here) don't give a rat's *albatross* about anybody but themselves, THAT'S America..

Would liek to add, that the area I live in, decent houses are 150,000$, and are built so close to each other that they dont have yards. Damn Subdivisions. They have yards, but are increadbly small, and no trees. Brings in a ton of people, and sucks all the jobs opportunities up.

After college its off to germany or canada.

After college, if I can't find a decent job in a decent area of the country over here in the states, it's off to Europe I go to make my living, and so far I'm leaning more and more towards Europe for my future everyday.

An American airsofting in Europe.... :blink:

Unfortunately airsoft is banned in Germany, or atleast restricted to the point it might as well be banned. There is always Austria and the Check Rep. I'd consider the UK too, but 328 fps? Kidding right?

Hmm, how is Sweden or Denmark for Airsofting and general living?

Why not come to Japan? Cheap food, cheap electronics, cheap houses (compared to the UK at least) safest streets in the world, low taxes, you get treated like a king wherever you shop, organised crime keeps a low profile... what more could you want?

...oh and they have airsoft here too ;)

Sweden is one of the nicest countries in the whole world. Top people, semi-sensible government... if you can put up with having your nadgers frozen off six months a year there aren't many places that beat it.

Yossarian had it right :)

I hear Finland is also a nice place for airsofting, and for some reason the Finns I've talked to have a very low opinion of the Swedes ;)

I heard about the ban on airsoft in Germany from one of the German foreign exchange students, it's a shame because there's some beautiful terrain in Germany for airsofting :( But Austria is right next door though :D

Where I'm at, you get your nadgers frozen off in July with a daytime high of 40F, and we have been known to have our July 4th parades snowed out before up here :rolleyes: Europe at least gets the Gulf Stream current, we get "lake effect" which basically means it has the capability to snow all year round (and we get lots of snow) <_<

a little german...lol, german is one of the fullest languages there are :P but wasy to learn, half the time i can tell what german tranlsations are becuse of the root words or phonetics of root words. You could certainly live in germany abnd go to other countries to airsoft if you were on the border thoguh

How anyone can seriously stand up and say "We invaded for the WMDs, and there weren't any, so we were wrong, I hate the war on Iraq, I hate Bush, Blair...blah blah blah..." is beyond me.

The recent pictures of mass graves in Iraq, although nothing stunningly new, have been more public than the Iraqi mass graves have really been before. It's like saying that we were wrong to invade France/Holland/etc in WW2 because although we found concentration camps (which we had no real idea were there), we didn't go in to free the Jews (and anyone else in the camps)... :rolleyes:

GO BUSH!

I dont have a problem with invading Iraq, provided you tell the American people the truth. Bush lied to us and the world. If he said we were doing it to help the Iraqi people, he'd be much better off. It's really about oil though, so they made up some BS WMD story, sold it to the American people and the UN, and when they got caught, they knew they could rely on the mass graves to cover their tails.

Oh dear god, not the ol' oil story.

It's not about the oil, everyone, for god's sake don't you get it? There doesn't have to be financial motivation for every single military action - that's like saying we went into Europe (yep, it's the WW" example again folks ;) ) in order to get the cows from Holland for beef and milk, or the crops from France. That's BS...

I don't believe Bush/Blair lied to the world. At the time of the 'invasion' (I hate the term in this context - I'd call it a 'liberation', but that's just me...), there was a lot of evidence to support the thought that Saddam had WMDs. Personally, I still believe there may be some in Iraq - imagine trying to find WMDs buried in a secret bunker in California. It'd be nigh-on impossible, even if you ruled out areas with thw wrong terrain, etc. Now think how hard it would be to find an underground bunker in the generic desert (for the most part) in Iraq... I'm not sure you'd find anything in a million years...

The thing is though, even if there are no WEAPONS of mass destruction, there was certainly mass destruction, and that's all that matters in my opinion.

Oh dear god, not the ol' oil story.

It's not about the oil, everyone, for god's sake don't you get it? There doesn't have to be financial motivation for every single military action - that's like saying we went into Europe (yep, it's the WW" example again folks ;) ) in order to get the cows from Holland for beef and milk, or the crops from France. That's BS...

I don't believe Bush/Blair lied to the world. At the time of the 'invasion' (I hate the term in this context - I'd call it a 'liberation', but that's just me...), there was a lot of evidence to support the thought that Saddam had WMDs. Personally, I still believe there may be some in Iraq - imagine trying to find WMDs buried in a secret bunker in California. It'd be nigh-on impossible, even if you ruled out areas with thw wrong terrain, etc. Now think how hard it would be to find an underground bunker in the generic desert (for the most part) in Iraq... I'm not sure you'd find anything in a million years...

The thing is though, even if there are no WEAPONS of mass destruction, there was certainly mass destruction, and that's all that matters in my opinion.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they said they knew where they were.

Archived