Bush Or Kerry?

Plymouth Roadrunner

Who Do you want to win the election?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do you want to win the election?

• Bush
    • Kerry
    • Nader

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christ, I think I'd vote Nader too.

If anyone can list five positive things Bush has done in the last five years I might reconsider.

People seem to think Bush will be tougher on terrorism, but he hasn't exactly done a bang-up job so far has he?

For some reason, this just seems so right to post here;

c18a24ac.jpg

I'm voting for Kerry;

Bush had four years, and accomplished little. I will cede Bush that 9/11 was a bad way to start a term, and that invading and occupying Afghanistan was done correctly for the correct reasons, 1) Osama Bin Laden was there, and 2) the government of Afghanistan knew this and was adding and abbeting him.

However, the recession, the encouragement of shipping more and more jobs overseas, clear government preferance for the rich, the jingoist foreign policy, and the horribly failed occupation of Iraq far outway the little that he has accomplished.

As for Nader; the people voting for him are the reason that voting should be a privilege and not a right.

For some reason, this just seems so right to post here;

c18a24ac.jpg

Hooray! Vote for the Crown!

As for Nader; the people voting for him are the reason that voting should be a privilege and not a right.

Out of interest: why?

Curious cos the main problem I have with politics in the US and the UK is the main political parties have narrowed their ideology down so fine that Bush and Kerry actually agree on nearly as much as they disagree on. Same deal here with Blair and Howard.

Both opposition parties (in the US and UK) voted for the war on Iraq, despite the fact it was all a complete lie. Third parties should be encouraged in a democracy, not scorned.

and that invading and occupying Afghanistan was done correctly for the correct reasons

Done correctly? Did you know there were more cops in New York City than soldiers on the ground in Afghanistan. The war began on October 7, 2001, but not until seven weeks later did the United States “insert a ground force unit (Marines) to take and hold a former al Qaeda and Taliban facility. . . . The late-November operation did not include any effort by U.S. forces to seal the border with Pakistan, snatch the al Qaeda leadership, or cut off the al Qaeda escape!!1

Thats how you do it correctly huh?

http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?040412fa_fact

I chose Nader, but this is irrelevant because I would vote anyway.

There's more than that too.

- Heroin production is now at its highest-ever levels

- Some 60% of the country is currently in the hands of local warlords or the resurgent Taliban

- Hamid Karzai never leaves Kabul for fear of being assasinated and has virtually no power whatsoever

Machiavelli (who was in many ways the original neoconservative) wrote that to successfully occupy a country you must retain the goodwill of its inhabitants, or you will always lose. Historically this has been proved true 100% of the time.

Despite lots of talk about hearts and minds, I haven't seen it in evidence anywhere in Afghanistan or Iraq.

Worst of all; Kerry has changed his position somewhat of late (surprise) and is now sounding increasingly hawkish. He wants more troops on the ground in Iraq (something that worked a treat in Vietnam) and also would not "let the rebels off lightly...in Fallujeh". 500 civilian casualties not good enough then?

Dont forget that when Osama was cornered at Tora Bora, instead of sending US forces such as the 10th Mountain, Bush relied on Afghan warlords to capture him, who only aa couple weeks before pledged alligiance to Osama. "He outsourced those jobs too." ;)

I have to quote you on that one. That was hilarious, Phoenix.

Bush isn't a moron. He's a charismatic, gung ho leader, but I just don't think he's leading our country in the right direction. It doesn't matter how hard you spur your horse when you're sitting on it backwards. ;)

What annoys me is people who accuse Bush of being 'the policeman of the world'.

Think about it. What would happen if you removed the police force from your country? Anarachy would erupt, that's what would happen. Total anarchy and chaos. Someone has to do the dirty work, mopping up the dregs of society from not only individual countries, but also the world. I admire Bush for being about the only guy who has the balls to take on the job...

"But it's not his business what happens in Iraq!" I hear you say. Well, next time you get mugged/stabbed/shot/beaten on the street, how about the police arrive but stand back and watch from a distance, pretending to ignore what's going on...?

Someone has to sort out all the scum in the world, and Bush and his allies are the only ones with the balls to do it...

Over 1,000 US troops dead, countless Iraqi dead, that's an impressive body count <_<

Haven't seen carnage like that since Vietnam....

American civil liberties have been trampled into the mud with the patriot act...

Record deficits....

Education funding has been on the decline (We're stupid enough as it is already over here, although there are some exceptions)

tax cuts for the rich, as if they don't have enough money already...

"The Iraqi people will greet us with flowers and kisses" - last time I checked AKs and RPGs weren't tokens of goodwill

Can't really think of any positive things that Bush has done

Someone please explain to me why Bush should be re-elected, I cringe when I think of the possibility of Bush in office for another 4 years

Archived