Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

Limited edition? first notice about that :)

I got it from http://eagle6.co.uk/shop/ and can only say good things about it

Regular AEG springs will break your gun as the SOPMOD/SOCOM/RECCE spring is shorter, I believe I have read some people installed PDI springs, which are a bit shorter than regular AEG springs, but I prefer using springs designed and tested for recoil AEGs, just for peace of mind :)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Limited edition? first notice about that :)

I got it from http://eagle6.co.uk/shop/ and can only say good things about it

Regular AEG springs will break your gun as the SOPMOD/SOCOM/RECCE spring is shorter, I believe I have read some people installed PDI springs, which are a bit shorter than regular AEG springs, but I prefer using springs designed and tested for recoil AEGs, just for peace of mind :)

Thanks for the link.Ill get that spring when my package arrive to my door.

Yes,I dont know whats the reason behind but that was what the guy from echigoya said. the recce version is somewhat like the old TM M4A1 PMC (limited stocks/limited edition).

I found out that the inner barrel is shorter than the standard M4a1 outer barrel length. what is ideal length of the inner barrel for DMR type?

Thanks. you are so helpful:)

Edited by zaimon

The inner barrel is presumably shorter due to the changeable length of the outer barrel. Still, it won't be massively shorter. The CQBR is 275mm and the recce is a couple of inches longer than that even in short mode.

Ideal barrel length is a bit of a matter of opinion (read - can of worms). Recce is - I believe - 315mm. That's longer than the VSR GSPEC barrel at 303mm, and people still use that without too much difficulty. That said, if you were prepared to give up the flexibilty of the shorter outer barrel you could probably get up to 410mm (at a guess).

No problem mate, we are here to help :)

About the inner barrel ideal length... well, depends on who you ask, some will say the longuer the better, some will say that 350mm is ideal as longuer barrels wont give you a perceptible performance boost and will be more expensive, not to mention longuer barrels make the gun harder to wield... me myself prefer 363mm inner barrel (M4A1) since its a very common size, long but not too long and will get a very good performance, which is "the norm" in EBB M4s. best performers up to date ohmy.gif

Anyone have a link/picture of the hop unit take down? I'm planning on swapping out to a old tight bore barrel I have lying about. I've got the unit out, removed the front c clip and the strike arm but am a bit stumped. Normally I'd expect the barrel to pull out from the front, but there doesn't seem to be any sign of it budging and I'm reluctant to give it any force given the difficulty in sourcing spares.

About the Pmags:

I modified a Gmag once (= german licensed real steel version of the Pmag) to take the insert of the marui mag, however that included a lot of dremeling of the insert as well, as the Gmag is thinner at the front.

So, if there is a dropin replacement shell for marui mags, it can't have the same dimensions as the real steel mag.

@Hatchet:

Isamu is correct, they haven't really changed the 'system' of the HU take down.

It needs a bit of force since the stock TM innerbarrel and the HU rubber sit very very tight inside the HU unit.

According to BobaFett a MadBull inner barrel combined with a TM HU rubber gives you the needed 'space' for smoothly removing the inner more easily.

Edited by Feindflug

Probably it's time to spin off a "Next Gen" V2 thread here now that there are so many next gen models. The custom topic is no longer limited to this Sopmod thread.

I thought it more of a rite-of-passage to read through the 72page and counting tome all of us have created. ;)

but, a more streamlined thread with a few stickies about the basics may be needed to encompass the new and upcoming variants of our favorite system. what say everyone? your thoughts?

Edited by Gunfighters808

I thought it more of a rite-of-passage to read through the 72page and counting tome all of us have created. ;)

but, a more streamlined thread with a few stickies about the basics may be needed to encompass the new and upcoming variants of our favorite system. what say everyone? your thoughts?

I vote Richard Y as our most experienced Sopmod modder to lead the charge :D.

Edited: s/Sopmod/Next Gen V2 MB/ now that there are so many of these floating around.

Edited by AnakChan

lol cheers sean ;) sounds like im getting more work :P

On other forums we set up an "owners club" the best thing to do is speak to an admin and see whether they think we should stay here or if they have a place we can start and owners club thread etc

The Next Gen Recoil thread

or The Sopmod M4 / Recoil Shock Owners Club

The problem is that its 90% sopmod m4 out there, and 10% other recoil shock guns, so if you want to get everyones attention then putting sopmod m4 in the title brings the hits, but also it needs to be for others.

I mean in japan alone last year echiygoa sold 4000 units of sopmod m4... Thats a lot..

Hi, ive got two stock tubes on route, eta 2 weeks. The first of which is ear marked for a gun here, but the other will be for sale when it arrives. Ill let you know / post it on the website when it arrives. i also have lower recievers in stock too. some time jan i will break a whole sopmod up into bits as well for even more bits.

Recce rifle arrived today. Looks good . Quite light. Here with KA Harris bipod and KA scope. Only negative is that the inner barrel is for the cqb set up. Shold have been for both 10,5" and 16" set ups, like the VFC HK416 Deluxe version.

post-64779-0-10938100-1291747912_thumb.jpg

Edited by arne71