Russian Gear Discussion

KilloMan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Russian ?Special forces?/Airborne from Georgia war sporting some new gear, nice resolution :P

Izlom , flack-d cammo , RDS, molle vests...

cheers

anyone got info on whats going on in this pic?

the 3 guys in digital tied up and blind folded at the front, are georgian

benhind them there is a guy in marpart, but he is wearing a russian cap and a bandana over his face, maybe he looted the camo off the guys?

sorry im not very fimiliar with russian gear

edit; also the guy to the left (with the VSS) is wearing a tshirt of the same camo print?

The Georgians use Marpat as their standard camo.

Not original MARPAT but poor quality copies. It seems anyone in Georgia made a market of military supplies.

It's most likely the Russian took the Marpat from a captured/dead Georgian troop.

I don't think so. There was Georgian panic flight, Georgians abandoned a lot of military equipment, firearms, etc.

mini-DSC02961.jpg

My War and Peace haul and some other bits.

W&P:

Bulgarian? grenade box.

Soviet gorka.

Soviet issue winter sweater.

PKM stock.

AK-74 stock.

NI patch.

Soviet VDV patch.

25 rnds of 5.45.

Soviet army uniforms today by Steven Zaloga.

Elsewhere:

Soviet/Russian RPG-18

Are there any guides on a Russian Gear loadout or is it too vast to list? i have a VFC 74 & VFC SU that i want to impliment into a russian loadout i like the gear in the above post or this pic borrowed from the 1st page

Posted by 'RIXX'

15-02-09_1554zensurlzhh.jpg

But where do i start? (Guy on the right) I really like this setup but what uppers/lowers is he using & webbing etc?

Are there any guides on a Russian Gear loadout or is it too vast to list? i have a VFC 74 & VFC SU that i want to impliment into a russian loadout i like the gear in the above post or this pic borrowed from the 1st page

Posted by 'RIXX'

http://www.abload.de/img/15-02-09_1554zensurlzhh.jpg

But where do i start? (Guy on the right) I really like this setup but what uppers/lowers is he using & webbing etc?

This is more of an airsofter loadout with russian kit, hence the western balaclava and gloves. You can do this easily with a gorka suit (either SPOSN, ANA, MODOX or Splav) and a SPOSN sersh set.

It would then be really easy to make that into a decent MVD loadout by getting a balaclava (russian style) and a MASKA although the maska replicas cost over $300 shipped to the UK.

What type of '74 have you got? Full stock or AKS74?

So what bit is the webbing? as your using a lot of Names there :unsure:

They are both the steel folding stock.

And would ebay be the best/cheapest place?

Edit:

Ones on ebay i found about £85 is that good for the set? Not in the exact colour though in green or a earth type with camo sewn on

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Russian-Spetsnaz-Sui...alenotsupported

Got my SMERSH (webbing) and Gorka from soviet-propaganda.com, highly recommended. Send the guy a mail, and he'll work wonders.

I've tried searching, but it's not easy, so I'll ask here: Where do I get AK74M accessories and which fit the VFC? I'm looking for stuff like furniture, bayonet, slink, maybe optics etc. Must ship internationally (Norway at least).

So what bit is the webbing? as your using a lot of Names there :unsure:

They are both the steel folding stock.

And would ebay be the best/cheapest place?

Edit:

Ones on ebay i found about £85 is that good for the set? Not in the exact colour though in green or a earth type with camo sewn on

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Russian-Spetsnaz-Sui...alenotsupported

Smersh is the webbing. (made by SPOSN and MODOX, the SPOSN version is better)

Try redfroces.com or soviet propaganda.

I've tried searching, but it's not easy, so I'll ask here: Where do I get AK74M accessories and which fit the VFC? I'm looking for stuff like furniture, bayonet, slink, maybe optics etc. Must ship internationally (Norway at least).

Furniture fits right on (if not I think the only thing you have to do is remove the heat guard)

Bayo fits right on, but you'll have trouble finding a russian ak74m bayo that isn't demilled

Sling? fits right on, pretty cheap to get

I THINK (don't quote me) that optics need a bit of shimming to properly fit but other than that they are gtg.

Go to redalliance and ask around, but search before doing so.

Wow these loadouts are awesome. I still wish I had my russian stuff but hurricanes are the devil. I may be getting an ak-74u as part of a deal soon. Where could I aqquire the proper loadout to go with it. I'm thinking late 80s-modern day. I'm based in the US if that makes things any easier or harder.Thanks

Furniture fits right on (if not I think the only thing you have to do is remove the heat guard)

Bayo fits right on, but you'll have trouble finding a russian ak74m bayo that isn't demilled

finding non demilled bayo's is easier then demilled ....

http://www.rguns.net/knives.shtml they have bulgarian ones. Can only see it's bulgarian from close when you see the trademarks.

furniture you just have to file abit off to fit in the receiver. Takes about 2 minutes. No need to remove heatsield.

Most optics will fit once you put a lil bit of tape on the side rail, cuz they are abit too small on vfc. Might be they have changed it in the meanwhile.

I've seen one, maybe two non demilled Russian ak74M bayos in the last 6 months........other than that..........bulgy bayos are the easiest/cheapest to find.

I would be wary of Rgun.net..........was just reading this morning that they just give you what they feel like. Here's what one guy said:

You buy from "RGuns" at your own risk. Ordered an "unissued condition" Bulgarian Type III and received a heavily worn Bulgarian Type III bayonet with an East German Type II scabbard that wouldn't even permit the bayonet to seat in all the way. And the worn leather hanger was almost ripped into two.

The representative on the telephone (which is probably the owner, as well) basically stated, "Sorry." "What do expect for $35.00?" He also stated the bayonets are all piled in boxes and you get the bayonet type you ordered, but pulled from the pile.

Needless to say, it seemed the problem was nothing unexpected to them and were pretty uncaring. They know they're falsely advertising what they have and the conditions, and you take your chances with what you get. And they'll likely try to hit you with the re-stocking fee to return the improper item you may receive.

For those that ordered/received Russian Type I's, you'd better check to see if the scabbards and insulators are East German or even re-worked Romanian.

Buy at your own risk from them. Definately another "Florida Gun Works" outfit.

Archived