Magpul PTS 2009 Catalog

orca

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I like Magpul's products, I have to agree that I can't really get excited until the products hit the shelf.

That FMG-9 is simply awesome. Its on the top of my long list of fantasy vaporware guns that were dangled in front of us that we may in fact never see. The #2 spot is held down by the Kriss we were supposed to be seeing from Madbull.. Those bastards!

IN my experience with Magpul PTS products, it's simple. It's worth the wait.

BTW Magsz, nice speech. ;)

Besides, all those here who are craving for an ACR, If this AEG actually hits the shelves,

I am wondering if you're actually going to buy it. :rolleyes:

I remember the A&K minimi flood. Everybody wanted one!

To be honest, I haven't seen much of it in the field, ACM armalites, MP5s etc... yes alot of them.

But the minimi? nope. :D

IN my experience with Magpul PTS products, it's simple. It's worth the wait.

BTW Magsz, nice speech. ;)

Besides, all those here who are craving for an ACR, If this AEG actually hits the shelves,

I am wondering if you're actually going to buy it. :rolleyes:

I remember the A&K minimi flood. Everybody wanted one!

To be honest, I haven't seen much of it in the field, ACM armalites, MP5s etc... yes alot of them.

But the minimi? nope. :D

Well said.

The internet is the largest window shopping paradigm in the world.

Everyone wants everything until it comes down to actually clicking add to cart and then entering credit card information.

Everyone is also far too ready to condemn and point fingers when products arent released according to their own PERSONAL time schedules. Sorry but thats not how the world works.

I am excited about the idea of the ACR. If it never sees fruition it never sees fruition and i will be disappointed but i at least know that on some level Magpul PTS is doing their best to innovate and produce something we will all cherish.

It looks cool and is from magpul, must be awesome and totally worth it :P /sarcasm

But yeah, looks mainly. What I really want is that ACS stock, mainly because of the wiggle free friction lock thingy and sopmod style cheeckweld (I have an Real Vltor Emod EMOD but it wobbles on most AS buffers :( ).

As far as the ACR is concerned I can't see it being much better than the ACM masada with regards to anything but availability(overlooking the obvious difference between an ACR and the earlier version masada the ACM replicates), the lack of a price so far to me either indicates its too far from completion to hazards a guess, or if you have to ask you can't afford it. Magpul PTS are more than welcome to prove me wrong though.

It looks cool and is from magpul, must be awesome and totally worth it :P /sarcasm

But yeah, looks mainly. What I really want is that ACS stock, mainly because of the wiggle free friction lock thingy and sopmod style cheeckweld (I have an Real Vltor Emod EMOD but it wobbles on most AS buffers :( ).

The wiggle problem will most likely persist with the ACS Stock. The problem isn't because of the stock... it's because most AEG buffer tubes are slightly out of spec (slimmer than a Mil-Spec buffer tube).

Magpul stocks come in two flavors, Mil-Spec and Commercial Spec. Mil-Spec is narrower than Commercial Spec. If you put a Mil-Spec stock on an AEG buffer tube it'll wiggle. If you put a Commercial Spec stock on an AEG buffer tube it'll wiggle a LOT. However, when I put my Magpul Mil-Spec CTR on my G&P GBB SR16's buffer tube, the friction lock was really solid and wiggle free.

Conclusion: if you're using a standard AEG buffer tube, you'll get wiggle issues with pretty much all stocks including the ACS (most likely).

The wiggle problem will most likely persist with the ACS Stock. The problem isn't because of the stock... it's because most AEG buffer tubes are slightly out of spec (slimmer than a Mil-Spec buffer tube).

Magpul stocks come in two flavors, Mil-Spec and Commercial Spec. Mil-Spec is narrower than Commercial Spec. If you put a Mil-Spec stock on an AEG buffer tube it'll wiggle. If you put a Commercial Spec stock on an AEG buffer tube it'll wiggle a LOT. However, when I put my Magpul Mil-Spec CTR on my G&P GBB SR16's buffer tube, the friction lock was really solid and wiggle free.

Conclusion: if you're using a standard AEG buffer tube, you'll get wiggle issues with pretty much all stocks including the ACS (most likely).

I thought the point of Magpul PTS was to develop Magpul products to airsoft specs, meaning that the PTS CTR stocks should fit with out wobble right? does anyone have more information on this?

I dunno, I have tried many buffer tubes and I'd say that TM is actually the tightest fit, almost no wobble. This at the price of only 4 positions :(

But I have tried CTR stocks before and the friction lock thing eliminates nearly all the wobble on even my wobbliest buffer (King Arms). I wouldn't go for the PTS one though, not when they are likely to be the same price and be the exact same. American made= win! What excites me is an official picture of the ACS(which one would be hard pressed to find from real Magpul) :P .

As far as the ACR is concerned I can't see it being much better than the ACM masada with regards to anything but availability

[snip]

I dunno whether I can agree with you about that cazboab. I played with the A&K Masada here and if there was anything I'd nitpick would be the cheekrest which was finicky and pops right out. I sure hope that the PTS version is somewhat more sturdy. The other thing I didn't like on the A&K version is the hopup too - looks cheap.

Still though the temptation to buy was there. Couldn't justify paying USD$300 equivalent for an ACM AEG though.

From looking at the name, I thought it would be a PTW. Lets hope not...... Isn't it the being called the PTSW or something?

PTSW = PTS Weapon. Generic acronym for the Magpul PTS fully built gun line. No relation to Systema PTW.

I dunno whether I can agree with you about that cazboab. I played with the A&K Masada here and if there was anything I'd nitpick would be the cheekrest which was finicky and pops right out. I sure hope that the PTS version is somewhat more sturdy. The other thing I didn't like on the A&K version is the hopup too - looks cheap.

The worst I can say of mine is that the stock has to be extended to raise or lower the cheek rest, which stems from the original design, so far the hop unit seems quite functional and sturdy, its got a v notch cut in the sleeve which should help a bit too...

PTSW = PTS Weapon. Generic acronym for the Magpul PTS fully built gun line. No relation to Systema PTW.

On youtube the "MagpulPTS" account holder commented on a vid that there will be 2 versions. One with normal v2 (gearbox?) internals and other with PTW internals.

On youtube the "MagpulPTS" account holder commented on a vid that there will be 2 versions. One with normal v2 (gearbox?) internals and other with PTW internals.

You should post a link to this. The Official Magpul PTS Youtube account shows no videos stating this. While there was discussion of this at Shotshow 2008, this was focused towards the Magpul PTS MOE AEG, NOT the Masada.

Archived