Anime

crackisbad

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

watched The Sky Crawler(with Chinese sub).....its a rather typical Mamoru Oshii movie, which requires some comprehension and usually visually pleasing. The aerial sequence is very nice, character style is different, but got used to it ~15 min into the film....the story is kinda depressing....

Good movie though, would recommand it to any Oshii fan, or just like prop plane duking it out in the sky....easier to understand than the Yukikaze, which was another air combat/mind boggling show(OVA, 5 ep I think) a while back....

Really enjoyed Yukikaze aswell so i'm sure i'll enjoy sky crawlers its only a matter of time before I get watching it.

Redscare is the PG ms-06 the red zaku kit ? I was outbid on one of those a few months back on fleabay.

I'd buy it from an online shop but all the PG kits are a little on the expensive side especialy considering I'd need to have it imported here. =/

Well i'd rather throw 2-300 bucks at a gbb than a gundam kit as at least i could get some use out of the gbb.

Cheapest I've seen a gundam pg kit in the uk is £239 GBP which works out at $338 USD not including import postage etc =/

I've been tempted by the Gundam 00 HG kits but they look a bit simple and detailess...

I am waiting for the MG kit for 00 to come out....I like the 1/100 scale(much easier to make room for), and they have articulation and details that rivals the PGs, and IMO a better bang for the buck. HGs just don't look as refined with the features and details look oversized for the scale....

Yeah nearly all my kits are MG minus one or two (astray blue and red frames).

I love all the opening panels, vents and do da's you get on the Master Grades they're by far the best set of kits.

I'm thinking of starting back into them once i can free up some space to put them.

I really liked the look of the Crossbone Gundam and GM Sniper so i'll probobly look about for them.

Really enjoyed Yukikaze aswell so i'm sure i'll enjoy sky crawlers its only a matter of time before I get watching it.

Redscare is the PG ms-06 the red zaku kit ? I was outbid on one of those a few months back on fleabay.

I'd buy it from an online shop but all the PG kits are a little on the expensive side especialy considering I'd need to have it imported here. =/

Yeah, it's Char's custom. Bought it at a convention for $60(last day, trying to get rid of the HUEG boxes). My other two PG's I was lucky enough to pick them up from a shop.

edit"

$300+ for PG kits? I got my other two at $100 each and from what i see on ebay, for me at least, they go for about 170 shipped.

Ebay is the only place i'd consider buying one from but its very hit and miss as some sellers have the kit quite cheap but then silly postage prices to make up the difference.

In saying that just skimming over it now most PG kits seem to be in the £90-100 region with added postage of £50-70 then whatever inport tax/duty added on top...

Edit: speaking of MG's

Pic of my MG strike (I posted it in the last thread but dont think anyone seen it)

strike520.jpg

Archived