CYMA Galil SAR on AirsoftGI!

Snowbeat

For those who are/were wondering, the CYMA Galil does NOT accept AK mags. At least none of the three brands I've tried in mine.

Also the selector switch on the left side does not function, in fact, it is just molded into the grip.

Mine chronos 360 w/.20g BBs.

AEX's website mentions the use of BAX, as opposed to a traditional hop-up system. Can anyone shed any light on this? I've seen / heard of BAX, but almost always in conjunction with cheaper (usually springer, iirc) builds.

Linky

"BAX" is CG's name for hop-up, it's nothing different or special in any way.

There is something wrong on this CYMA SAR , there is 2 tabs under the front sight to host the bipods and yet the length the hand guard is made to receive the bipods

That's a ARM gas block, not an SAR gas block. The King Arms SAR has an AR gas block. Only the TSI Armories SAR has the correct gas block.

Also the KS Galil has a semi-auto receiver (which is correct for the trades it has). The CYMA has a full-auto reciever and the same trades as the KA.

My mate got one of these today.

-The gearbox is smooth and has metal bearings, fires at about 370fps.

-The handguard is one ROCK solid piece, needed a bit tightening though. Both the pistol grip and handguard are very strong feeling polymer, much better than CA polymer for example.

-The folding stock wobbles a bit and is attached to the receiver with a big screw and some supports. As the receiver is pot metal, I wouldn't expect the joint to last anything.

-The charging handle broke after about 15 operations. The actual handle is connected with two small pot metal pins and a screw, and started rotating freely. Nothing epoxy won't fix.

All in all, seems to be pretty much what one would want.

Just some corrections. With metal bearings I meant bushings, in our language bearings and bushings are the same word, that's why the mistake. Also, the buttstock isn't as weak as I might have claimed, just not as strong as the realsteel due to the way of attachment.

Worth mentioning is also that the pistol grip has a little play even when tightnened.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So finally I'm registered in ArniesAirsoft... :)

Anyways, I got the Galil from ASGI when they first put it on sale, thanks to my friend Montross.

I paid a little bit more than the actual price they have right now, but, it was a nice deal after all.

The gun chronoed 360 out of the box with 0.2 bb, and I haven't been able to test the RPS, but should be around 15?

The overall construction of the gun is pretty nice, trademarks are ok, stock wobbles a little but the rest of the gun doesn't, the selector switch had the tendency to loosen so I adjusted the screw using some lock tight (or whatever the name of that blue thread liquid is), no a single feeding issue, iron sights are nice, the CQB ones are cool, the rear long range one sucks (the reticle is too small), the battery compartment can hold a 8.4V battery and that's it (there is no room inside the front gas tube, unlike the KA's version, so a 9.6V won't fit!), there are NO mid-caps available so far (I bought and modified some CYMA AK-74 mid-caps but they don't work very well) so that's the main drawback with this baby.

I've tested the gun this afternoon and I was shooting 0.25's, chronoed 330/340, and I was impressed how accurate was at 40 yards, no or almost none sidewise deviation at all, the hop-up is also pretty descent.

That's all!

Regards.

• 3 months later...

Archived