TS Custom 'Limited Edition' series - LT15

TSCustom

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Budget minded platform?...

Yup; it's made of cheap materials that are designed to fail and be replaced rather than last.

...AWSS (Advanced Weapon Simulation System?) platform main goal is tactical training, like in WETTI (WE Tactical Training International)...

I honestly have no idea why any military or law enforcement body would want to train with a piece of Airsoft kit. ######-poor ballistics, incomparable recoil / noise, ammunition that's totally different to the real stuff, and most Airsoft kit (bar a few exceptions) would fall apart if treated in the same manner as a real firearm.

...This explains why stock gun is 450+ fps, definitely not a toy...

A G&P / WA will hit 450FPS with 0.2g ammo on propane if the air temperature is around 25oC or higher... My G&P hit 400 at 19oC.

For budget minded platform try Tanio Koba/KWC :huh:

At least it appears to replicate the function of a bolt properly.

Has anyone actually bought one of these receivers at all? I find paying $400+ for an airsoft receiver when a real one isn't that far off in cost is ridiculous. Also the idea of airsoft GBBs rifles costing as much as or more than a real M4/16 rifle is insane.

I have to ask this questions since I've seen arguments from militaryphotos.net, airsoftretreat.com, and now here. Why would you spend that much on a toy gun? All of my gear and guns combined (which I might add is expensive in itself) costs less than some of the rifles GBBs user build.

We don't have much choice in the UK; we can't get real kit or firearms easily.

Plus, Airsofters are mostly raving loonies with a bit too much spare cash, so they'll pay through the nose for stuff like this without thinking twice just to be the coolest kid on the field...

Same reason why people spend a lot of money on plenty of other stuff. Like the person who ponies up for a magpul receiver, VLTOR MUR, SWS rail, Lilja barrel, Young mfg bolt carrier group, etc...

Because they can, and because they want to.

My WA based full metal kimber has cost more than a brand new Kimber Custom II, and I wouldn't trade it for a real one. If I wanted a real Kimber Custom II I would have bought one. If someone (in the US) wants a real Larue receiver they can buy one, if they want to buy a top quality replica for their airsoft gun, now they have the option.

Don't hate the player.

I'm not hating the player, I'm just trying to understand their game. Also chances are G&P will release something for a fraction of the cost. KA is releasing an AEG version so not far along GBB versions will be available. For the UK players I'm halfway aboard that sinking ship since I live in California but I'm working on starting RS projects.

Regardless though that is a very nice piece of work by TSCustoms, its my opinion that $500+ for a reciver set its crazy.

I'm not hating the player, I'm just trying to understand their game. Also chances are G&P will release something for a fraction of the cost. KA is releasing an AEG version so not far along GBB versions will be available. For the UK players I'm halfway aboard that sinking ship since I live in California but I'm working on starting RS projects.

Regardless though that is a very nice piece of work by TSCustoms, its my opinion that $500+ for a reciver set its crazy.

but as of yet they haven't and if they did i doubt it would be to this quality. G&P do some nice stuff, but not this nice.

Also, 20 CNC'd units made of 7075 billet cost a lot more per unit than a few hundred cast out of a cheap aluminum alloy. There is no reason for this to cost any less than the real steel equivalent, the reality of manufacturing suggest that it should cost more.

• 2 weeks later...
You've never used a real firearm, have you?

In fact I have. I got my Marksmanship qualification a good few years before you were born.

In fact you will find that that recoil on the WE (firing on semi) at around 20 celcius is comparable to a canadian C8. Then of course you've never fired a C8 have you?

I have used both the WA and WE. The WE is superior in build and performance. The WA's plastic body is just silly. I've had a AWSS WE now for a couple of months and having used real firearms and owned up-to 14 Airsoft assault rifles. The WE is currently the nearest to a real steel M4. Only last weekend during some Small Unit Tactics training, a recently retired Royal Marine Commando expressed the same opinion. I guess it might be a good reason why the US Rangers (Special Forces) are looking at the WE. There is no other Airsoft weapon that has almost all the same working parts as a real-steel M4- not even a Systema PTW. Try doing a SPORTS drill on a Systema- it's not going to happen.

The WE is not without its faults but I've been lucky with my AWSS Custom AFC version which has performed flawlessly.

And by the way, The US rangers (among other units) having been using airsoft weapons for training for a few years- mainly for FIBUA/ MOUT training.

It's always useful to make a comment based on knowledge, experience and most importantly fact.

In fact I have. I got my Marksmanship qualification a good few years before you were born...

ORLY? Good for you. That means I received mine a good few years after you. :)

...In fact you will find that that recoil on the WE (firing on semi) at around 20 celcius is comparable to a canadian C8. Then of course you've never fired a C8 have you?...

Yes, twice as it happens, and I'd still disagree that it feels even close.

...I have used both the WA and WE. The WE is superior in build and performance...

Try a G&P based on the WA system, then you'll see what build quality is. I've owned a WE and a G&P, guess which one I kept?

...The WA's plastic body is just silly....

Yes, yes it is, hence the G&P upgrades.

...I've had a AWSS WE now for a couple of months and having used real firearms and owned up-to 14 Airsoft assault rifles...

Good for you. Used real firearms most of my life, and owned upwards of seventy different Airsoft gats. Intarwebz e-peen arguments FTW.

...The WE is currently the nearest to a real steel M4. Only last weekend during some Small Unit Tactics training, a recently retired Royal Marine Commando expressed the same opinion. I guess it might be a good reason why the US Rangers (Special Forces) are looking at the WE. There is no other Airsoft weapon that has almost all the same working parts as a real-steel M4- not even a Systema PTW. Try doing a SPORTS drill on a Systema- it's not going to happen...

You've never opened a WE and WA based rifle up side by side, have you? Clearly, if you had, you'd have noticed that the WA based rifle is far far closer to simulating the bolt than a WE. And you and I both know why training organisations are looking at the WE... Because it's cheap.

...The WE is not without its faults but I've been lucky with my AWSS Custom AFC version which has performed flawlessly...

They do perform rather well, I don't disagree, but it's the difference between a Ford Fiesta and a Subaru Impreza. Mainly price, but there's a big difference in build quality and performance.

...And by the way, The US rangers (among other units) having been using airsoft weapons for training for a few years- mainly for FIBUA/ MOUT training.

Great. But it'll never beat using real kit for training.

...It's always useful to make a comment based on knowledge, experience and most importantly fact.

Oh, I quite agree. ;)

Anyway back on topic, whats the extra and ambi lever for?

Anyone got one of these yet?

On real ARs its an anti-reversal latch, what it does specifically I'm not sure. In airsoft it serves as a much more secure way to hold the internals. My friend uses a real one on his AEG to replace the regular push tab one.

QUOTE (bbstriker @ May 10 2009, 10:47 PM)

...It's always useful to make a comment based on knowledge, experience and most importantly fact

Oh, I quite agree. ;)

I'll believe you when I see it <_<

Will the G&P GBB use CO2 mags? Needed to make it an all year round airsoft weapon.

Archived