MALICE VS TAC-TIE

masakarijoe

I've recently picked up some Tac-ties... they are absolute garbage. What a waste.

On another note... I don't think anyone has mentioned the BlackHawk Speed Clips. These things are rock solid, and much easier to install than Tac-ties or malice clips.

• 1 month later...

i just want to post an update on this:

i still havent received my order for all 3 of these from LApolicegear.com. so, i sent them an email, and they replied saying that i need to pay for shipping again, because they sent it (probably to the wrong address) and it came back to them. obviously, im not doing this. they didnt even take the time to notify me of this, and now they want more money. it has been over a month; no thats incompotence.

i DO NOT recommend LApolice gear to anyone. has this happened to any of you before?

-Joe

i DO NOT recommend LApolice gear to anyone. has this happened to any of you before?

-Joe

I've made many orders to LA Police gear over the last couple of years, and never had a problem.

Everything has always shipped within a day or two of placing the order, and has arrived the next day.

But I do call first to make sure the items I want are instock before placing the order.

I've never had a problem with them. I've ordered from them time and time again. Every once in a while, something will end up on back order and I have to wait for it, but that's only happened 2x.

I still fail to see how zip ties are evil... The ones i use on my alice gear instead of the clips are rated to 250lbs.

It's just the way different people mount different gear. Some people have more patience and can use cheap methods with a bit of ingenuity, some people prefer things that work with no fuss.

• 1 month later...

so i finally received my package of all 3 types of these. and here are my preliminary thoughts:

-Maxpedition tac ties: they are very thin, but otherwise pretty useful; however, being that they are flexible cloth, if you use them on a pouch that is a bit too short for them, they will easily thread back a bit, and make the pouch hang very loosely. so with these, it is important to use them on a pouch of the correct size.

-MALICE clips: i dont really like these much. the release system is a pain, and not all quick; however, once released, they are a cinch to un-thread (just pull)

-BHI Strike clips: these so far seem the best. easy to thread, simple, and rigid. they also come in larger quantities.

hope that info helps!

-Joe

Archived