GBB Pistols- Outdoors and Indoors

tinydata

I was once a pistol skeptic, not very convinced in the utility of a GBB pistol. One of the first things to change my mind was using a WE short Colt .45 outside. One shot, one kill at 60 feet with wind. Then I used them indoors, and they absolutely rock. We had three guys with 1911s (one being me) completely own five guys with AEGs.

So.

1. How far do you think you could realistically get a pistol kill? (I can hit trees smaller than a human torso at 80+ feet)

2. How do they compare to AEPs like the CYMA Glock?

In all the years I've been playing (7 or so now), I've only used my side arm less then 20 times. Which may seem like a waste, but only one or two of those times have I been the one to go down once I transitioned to my sidearm.

Realistically, in dense woods where I play, I would say 50 to 60ish feet at most with a GBB, and I cant answer your second question, as I've never used an ebb.

got a an awfully large number of kills with mine this weekend. Reckon the closeness of the site (an old primary school) resulted in around half the players using pistols only.

Have regularly drawn it when my aeg stopped mid-game and its proved invaluable.

I generally find my GBB has more, range and the fun factor, but the AEP has better hop and cold weather reliability. GBB is my prefered and the AEP only comes out if its too cold.

In moderately wooded environment with long line of sight? Not very. I only recall using my sidearm three times, all when my primary weapon ran dry.

In a CQB venue, however, the pistol is very valuable. My sidearm accounts for 10% of my total number of kills. I find it more maneuverable than even my Colt Commando carbine.

In moderately wooded environment with long line of sight? Not very. I only recall using my sidearm three times, all when my primary weapon ran dry.

In a CQB venue, however, the pistol is very valuable. My sidearm accounts for 10% of my total number of kills. I find it more maneuverable than even my Colt Commando carbine.

Well a colt commando carbine isn't very compact to begin with ;)

My longest ranged kill with a GBB pistol was at about 90ish feet, though my target was standing still on top of a car doing a dance. :D

They are very useful in CQB. Less so in woodland, but it's good to have a backup in case your primary dies.

Airsofting: Do we really need to be running around the woods firing at each other? No

GBB's: Do we really need a less accurate gun that doesn't like the cold + all other problems GBB's have? No

Are both of them the most fun ever? Yes.

GBB pistols. Completely pointless but you need to have one.

Wings :detective2:

I have used just a GBB many many times in CQB, bone stock KWA glock or a TM 1911 fill it with green and .2s and your away. I can hold my own against AEG users easly, and occasionally gain the upper hand.

In one 20 minute game i went through allmost 200 rounds with a KSC glock 34, reloading mags when i was hit, i got at least 30 kills and got hit ONCE. I was hovering around the objective the entire game, and held it at the end.

The "trigger responce" of a GBB is very quick, and the fact that they are generally half a foot long where CQB AEGs tend to be 2 foot or longer, and that you dont have a stock to get in your way means that you are faster, much faster. In CQB speed comes first accuracy second.

In woodland its a different story, i have only played a few games (maby 10) i have pulled my pistols a few times allready but havent hit a thing with them. in woodland its not speed its all about accuracy over range so GBBs tend to be less than usefull. I will allways carry one, just in case, but i dont see myself using one to any effect in the woods.

Airsofting: Do we really need to be running around the woods firing at each other? No

GBB's: Do we really need a less accurate gun that doesn't like the cold + all other problems GBB's have? No

Are both of them the most fun ever? Yes.

GBB pistols. Completely pointless but you need to have one.

Unless you get something like my TM 4.3, it has never, ever jammed. Yes it has cool down in cold weather and it doesn't have the volume of fire of my AEG or accuracy but it's small and has good punch. I tend to draw it when I either need to move quikly or things get very close as a rifle is far mroe cumbersome. If you try and use a GBB like an AEG then yes, it will seem a tad pointless, but then that's like saying you tried to use a sniper rifle in CQB and it really wasn't very useful, being all long and single shotty... horses for courses.

And plus they're just totally badass and cool. AEPs really don't rock my socksk, however practical they may be. One thing that does strike me about AEPs, up close you want to be intimidating, AEPs are not intimidating.

last sunday at my local woodland site I got shot by a guy lying on his side about 40ft away with a pistol, 1 shot 1 kill. It was quite cool, I didn't see him at all and just it was just like 'plink, *suitcase*, where did that come from, oh right, niceeeeeeeeeeeeee'.

I dont use my glock much but I play mostly in woodland, apart from the mandatory '18c full auto joy test' it pretty much stays holstered, i'm not that good with pistols anyway but they are great fun and I would far rather be killed with a pistol shot than a hose from an aeg.

Unless you get something like my TM 4.3, it has never, ever jammed. Yes it has cool down in cold weather and it doesn't have the volume of fire of my AEG or accuracy but it's small and has good punch. I tend to draw it when I either need to move quikly or things get very close as a rifle is far mroe cumbersome. If you try and use a GBB like an AEG then yes, it will seem a tad pointless, but then that's like saying you tried to use a sniper rifle in CQB and it really wasn't very useful, being all long and single shotty... horses for courses.

And plus they're just totally badass and cool. AEPs really don't rock my socksk, however practical they may be. One thing that does strike me about AEPs, up close you want to be intimidating, AEPs are not intimidating.

I think you misunderstand my intentions. It might seem a little bit like I'm a GBB hater! I own two Delta 10mm's and a 'Caster Troy style' leather SOB holster, so I'm definitely not! I play woodland and regularly use them to take on and beat players with all kinds of gun's at all kinds of range's. They are very effective and I love them to bits!

I could, however, do exactly the same thing with my P90 on single shot and it would be a lot less effort and much more efficient, but I wouldn't feel half as awesome!

Its as 'Scully' said a few posts up. They take a fair amount of effort, but once you've put the time in and it all just clicks its pure gold!

The point to decipher from my 1st post really (hidden under all of that negative talk!) is that Gbb's seem pointless. Until you own one.

I sold all my electrical gear in favour of GBB's and spring shotguns, so I guess its pretty clear which one I prefer...

When I first started skirmishing 4 years ago I went for the biggest guns. Gradually I swapped them for smaller ones until I got to an MP5K (which in all honesty, is the best AEG I've ever used, prefer it over my old CA 33E) but even then, I sold that in favour of GBB pistols and spring shotguns. At the end of the day it just depends on how you like to play. I like to get in the thick of it and when I'm don't need to use a gun I like to have my hands free, so I guess in that respect I favour pistols.

As a sniper, if I use mine, I've proper *fruitcage*ed up somewhere along the line.

But on those occasions, when they're over-running my position, its totally awesome to let rip with my GBB. :)

GBBs and dense woodland are a match made in heaven.

The ability to crawl about with next to no gear and be very sneaky is extremely effective and especially fun, the old F&O woodland site used to run a pistols v AEG game every day and the pistols on the whole did very well against the AEGs :D Lots of ammo and full auto is no match for a good player with a pistol or a shotgun :P

Pistols are good if you have a safety distance on your primary and you need to get close(yes, there are pistols which shoot hard) Or use a low powered AEG. But since airsoft is 90% posing, a loadout is never complete without a pistol.

I use my pistol, it's fun. That's enough.

GBB's are pretty fun to use. My first was a TM M9 S.T.A.R.S. model, which I regret getting rid of. Currently however, I have a Marushin FiveseveN in 8mm, which is probably a better wallhanger than skirmishable weapon. However, I wouldn't mind picking up another TM GBB.

In the meantime though, I have a Marui USP (aep), which is only around 220-230 fps, but outranges and is tons more accurate than all the other GBB's I've seen. The accuracy thing is easily explained, since no blowback; but the hopup on the Marui USP is just straight up sex.

I run a TM 1911 on Ultra and .3's, i can easily hit medium size tree trunks at around 20 metres, though the sights aren't the easiest to aim with.

I play pistols in both out and indoors, with about 3-4 mags and lots of sneaking i can get a reasonable number of hits on others.

I play with it only because it is more fun and the blowback at least gives a better feel to each shot (and hit) that i get.

'FireKnife'

I'm as tall as a G3. Maybe :P

Yes, but carrying you around the field might be a bit cumbersome, and I heard that PunkyPinks aren't so great out of the box, and I'd have to install a tightbore and a new bucking. :lol:

Yes, but carrying you around the field might be a bit cumbersome, and I heard that PunkyPinks aren't so great out of the box, and I'd have to install a tightbore and a new bucking. :lol:

but unbeatable for fear-factor and rate of fire :D:P

Archived