SRC Gen III's

Unit 318

Don't know, but I love the way they have "REFEER TO MANUAL" on the receiver :lol:

My friend recieved his Gen III G36E with C rail on top. The body is basically the same as the Gen II but the gearbox has improved, ALOT. It comes shooting 350 FPS but has an M120 spring to add as a back up, and the motor is very strong, the 8mm gearbox looks very nice and the bearings are very well made. I'm confident it will hold out for a long time. The body is very well made just like the Gen II's, so I guess the majority of the differences are gearbox wise.

He got his from On Target Airsoft, which now appears to be out of stock on all the Gen III's.

I was reading a few articles about it last night and it appears the only real difference is that it has bearings fitted in the gearbox. I found a lot of people ranting about problems with their Gen II, and very few people with anything good to say about them, apart from the price and quality of the bodywork (even though it has the spelling mistake and no HK trades on it). There seem to be no reviews of the Gen III out there yet. Until I can see one side by side with my hybrid G36K, I'll give it a miss.

Will have to call wolf and ask them, iirc if they have the black models they will be gen 3s as 1 and 2 were not made in black. Though i'd prefer to buy mine* from somewhere else......no particular reason of course

*After paying car fees <_<

Dont suppose anybody has herd anything on the compact/ DMR variants being confirmed? Would kill for the compact....

Evike is in USA right? Mailed them but no responce... Not very convincing to be honest, since its been a while.

Anyways. This shop is quite new to me, heard the name but thats all. First time seeing the site and was impressed, very impressed. Question is, do they ship guns & stuff outside US? I live in Finland you see. From what i hear and see, Gen3 XM8's went only to states or so. And if i buy from there, do i get orange flashiders in my gun? As we do not need them here and i was a bit worried how hard are they to get off your gun if it happens to be a revolver. I got tons of hiders to replace the one on the XM

Had the Gen2 XM8, i LOVED that gun, bit plastic feel in it, but for some reason it was one of the best guns i ever had. I had to sell it back then and i still miss it. Gen3 sounds a must have, now i just need to know where to get one. Il be happy to post the differences between the two. I still have tons of pics from Gen2 model.

I was like one second away from posting "where to buy" topic till i saw this. Will be watching this closely.

• 1 month later...

Bump

Dont suppose anybody has herd anything more on the development of the compact version by any chance?

I also couldnt get any response from Evike, has anybody else had any luck getting in touch with them (or know another retailer, i cant find any other than red dragon which is 'special order' and doesn't ship out of the US)?

Ontarget is another that wont shop out of the states and wont give me a response <_<

Only reviews i've found is the one done here by etlee in the news section and the summary done by Evike. Jarek4 still hasnt shown it with the scope off and his review isnt the most informative. I'll be more than happy to do a review if i can ever get one

• 2 months later...

After emails to Wolf arseries were ignored, I happened to be in the area and dropped in and asked this very question.

Long story short, there was a pile of Gen II boxes in the back room and when I asked, eye's rolled in heads and I got ignored. So I asked again and was told after several false attempts to indicate they were seeking info from a computer... no more imports of SRC products as they failed the ROHS standards.

My questions regarding a good discount on Gen II models was... not warmly recieved.

I have so much more to say about how bad these guys are, but will refrain. <_<

Well, i have found a few shops that have them in stock, unfortunately they don't sell to overseas customers, yes you guessed it. US based shops.

What I don't get is, SRC is a Taiwan based manufacturer, how come practically nobody from Taiwan or Hong Kong carries them?

The few reviews about the Gen 3 I have read so far, all talk about great improvements, and good value for money.

Have you guys tried contacting the big HK based retailers. They might not have them instock but the shop next door that doesnt have a website might, or they might know a contact and could do you a special order. If they even reply, its worth a try though :)

I've been in contact with the few US shops that have them and the best i could negotiate with them was a freight forwarder which ends up costing more than the gun itself. I wonder if this is some big wind up by SRC to only sell their guns to US shops that dont ship internationally....

Archived