Lets just say I was the one that showed frog the pictures. That should be hint enough...

Better start digging in your couch cushions for some change cause we are single digit days wise away from release.

I will say though that everyone is making me feel like you all wanted mags more!

Edited by t_hum
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Lets just say I was the one that showed frog the pictures. That should be hint enough...

Better start digging in your couch cushions for some change cause we are single digit days wise away from release.

I will say though that everyone is making me feel like you all wanted mags more!

The masses will most certainly be pleased!

Sent from my totally sexy, Android powered, IPod killing, Samsung Galaxy S3 ;-)

OK guys, here is the big announcement (finally!)

The Cradle Airsoft V1+ bolt carrier will be going on sale this coming Saturday, December 15 at 3:00 P.M. GMT.

We have limited stock on hand at the moment so don't miss it!

Web link: http://www.cradleairsoft.com/shop/v1bcg

Shipping of the items will occur early next week as we assemble all the carriers in the order the purchases are received.

Two versions are available:

Complete$160 - This is the best option if you have a Version 2 KJW M4 or want a complete spare bolt carrier. This is a drop in bolt carrier and requires no assembly besides swapping over your guide rod and charging handle. Complete Kit Includes: Carrier body, X-Ring Piston, Velocity Reducer, Polybelt, Loading nozzle, Jar of “Ring and Valve” lube, Hex wrench, Instruction Manual.

Upgrade$130 - This is for Version 1 KJW owners who wish to use donor parts from their existing carrier. An X-Ring Piston and Velocity Reducer are not included but are required unless you choose to use the stock piston and floating valve. Assembly also required. Upgrade Kit Includes: Carrier body, Hex wrench, Single use threadlock compound, Instruction Manual.

We really appreciate your patience in getting this to market! We certainly didn't want to rush the product and wanted to provide everyone with the best upgrade possible. Thankfully, we think we have accomplished exactly that.

Cheers,

Travis

Cradle Airsoft

Edited by t_hum

The Cradle Airsoft V1+ bolt carrier will be going on sale this coming Saturday, December 15 at 3:00 P.M. GMT.

Shipping of the items will occur early next week as we assemble all the carriers in the order the purchases are received.

Complete$160 - This is the best option if you have a Version 2 KJW M4 or want a complete spare bolt carrier. This is a drop in bolt carrier and requires no assembly besides swapping over your guide rod and charging handle. Complete Kit Includes: Carrier body, X-Ring Piston, Velocity Reducer, Polybelt, Loading nozzle, Jar of “Ring and Valve” lube, Hex wrench, Instruction Manual.

Upgrade$130 - This is for Version 1 KJW owners who wish to use donor parts from their existing carrier. An X-Ring Piston and Velocity Reducer are not included but are required unless you choose to use the stock piston and floating valve. Assembly also required. Upgrade Kit Includes: Carrier body, Hex wrench, Single use threadlock compound, Instruction Manual.

We really appreciate your patience in getting this to market! We certainly didn't want to rush the product and wanted to provide everyone with the best upgrade possible. Thankfully, we think we have accomplished exactly that.

Cheers,

Travis

Cradle Airsoft

Awesome news Travis!

Question for you. Are there differences between the production, and development versions?

Yes, a few small changes were made:

- small shape changes on a few areas for better fit and wear reduction

- the back of the carrier is solid to increase weight to be almost in line with the stock v1 carrier.. The countersink for the bolt that holds the piston on was created a different way using specialized tooling.

Yes, a few small changes were made:

- small shape changes on a few areas for better fit and wear reduction

- the back of the carrier is solid to increase weight to be almost in line with the stock v1 carrier.. The countersink for the bolt that holds the piston on was created a different way using specialized tooling.

Gotcha. I had noticed this past weekend that the bolt holding the piston on mine was coming loose, but in fairness, it's also taken quite a beating lately...

We are including loctite 272 red with upgrades and using the same in assembly for completes so looseness shouldn't be an issue on the production models. Of course, we recommend users wait several hours after assembly to use the carrier to allow the loctite to cure fully.

We are including loctite 272 red with upgrades and using the same in assembly for completes so looseness shouldn't be an issue on the production models. Of course, we recommend users wait several hours after assembly to use the carrier to allow the loctite to cure fully.

Ok, I think I used blue on mine, so maybe I'll redo it this weekend...

Thanks again, and looking forward to this weekend!

Cheers,

Travis

Cradle Airsoft

Cool news. Good job on this T hum!

Guys, just to confirm, the real steel magpul moe trigger guard and pistol grip do fit in kjw right? I tried to instaal the gnp triger guard on my kjw but its wider than tthe stock triger guard, is it because its AEGs?

Pretty sure that is correct on question #1.

reliability and durability are the primary benefits, it provides basically the same shot to shot consistency of a v1 plus CA X-ring as the BCG, not the bolt, is really the only big difference, everything else is CA upgrade parts so it should behave similarly. There aren't that many of us with them, I think maybe three or four of us were included in the testing, but I only know of two other testers, there could be a few more. All I received as a test unit was a bare BCG, I had to drop in all my parts from my V1 bolt.

My testing got cut short though as my rubber band broke, and I haven't been home to replace it with the new bands T-hum is producing/distributing.

T-Hum, the bolts, are you making those are are you sourcing them from KJWUSA?

As a note I have both a v1 and v2 weapon, and the v1 bolt has much better characteristics (more recoil, more consistent) than the v2, the only exception to this is the damn rubber bands, but I hope T-hum will chime in and say something about the solution he has found for those.

That is not to say the v2 is bad, my v2 bolt (I use it in my v1 gun as my v2 upper had issues getting a proper fit for my rail, and as previously mentioned my v1 bolt was down before I left home) sees less maintenance than the WA based and KWA based M4 GIM GBBRs at my field, and sees much more use, both in general, and before any problems arrise. I'm also able to use my KJW in temps where the KWA and WA mags just can't keep enough gas.

I'm always very surprised at how easily this weapon is overlooked when people are getting into GIM GBBRs, usually the claim is "there isn't much aftermarket support" my response is "when it works why do you need aftermarket support?"

Edited by frogfish

The bolt cups we source from KJW Taiwan. Also a few of the springs. Everything else we machine here in Arizona at our own facility.

We are including our new band with the complete carriers. These will be available individually for sale this week and we will always have a supply so we can get them to players in need of them quickly. Our belts are polyurethane much like the stock belts but have a slightly different durometer (hardness) than KJWs version. We have stretched the bands to 300% and further before the welded seam fails. Really a great belt.

With the Carriers now finished we are looking forward to some future products for the KJW.  Anybody have any suggestions of what you think would:

A. Make you enjoy using your rifles more.

B. Help people want to switch to the KJW over the WA-a-like rifles.

I know that the bolt that I was asked to test was an earlier protoype than what I assume Frog was testing, but even still, I have to agree w/ him. 

We are still dealing w/ a gun that operates on gases that are more easily affected by temperature than the HPA guys.  So I don't know that anything is going to cure the shot to shot consistency issues that we all tend to suffer from.  So the primary benefits of the Cradle BCG are definitely going to be durability and reliability.  We may find that over the long term, that these DO actually have a positive benefit on shot to shot, but it seems a little too early to tell definitively.

One thing to note:

- t_hum mentioned that the production units have a solid rear for durability(My test BCG did not).  This should be a great improvement over the original KJW v1, as I just noticed recently that 1 of my 2 v1 KJW bcg's was splitting at the back along the groove on the underside.

t_hum, I'd like to request the ability to purchase more of the x-rings, and the velocity reducer spacers.  I'll be interested to get some of the lube you all are including w/ the carriers now, as I seem to chew up x-rings more than I'd like to be...  And apparently, I'm down to just a couple spacers left.  Given the number of bolts that I've acquired, extra spacers would be great to help set up carriers as drop-in's for certain scenarios.

Thanks again for all of your hard work!  I know I can't wait to get my hands on the new product!