Just got my scar this weekend and played it in the rain. It is freaking awesome! I was laying in thick brush and ambushed this guy from behind. It sounds so sweet firing it. Only thing i disliked was the the paint on the tan mags chip and scratch so easy. But overall i was really impressed how it shot out of the box wit .28's on propane, the distance was amazing wit the hopup untouched.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cant find HK on google, could you post a link please?

it seems that the nozzle and the rod are glued. what can be the safest way to unscrew this?   thanks in advance

Is the buffer you speak anything like this ?  

Posted Images

@Genome: yes, my hop-up adjustment works fine. I would open up the hop-up assembly and figure out if there is something misplaced or faulty.

@NVC: You should try the sound indoor.. Pistols sound great, but if you fire this puppy, everybody will just be scared!

The only disadvantage I have with the SCAR at this moment is that most of the times, half my mags are empty before the game starts, before my teammates want to fire the thing... Oh, and next to that, you'd probably never want to use an AEG again :D

Just installed NPAS in my SCAR and in my M4. Simple installation of course and the results were the expected. I have adjusted both guns at 410 fps and test fired a mag in each of them. Fps variations were at a logical plus-minus 7. I am curious if this stability is going to remain with the recoil forces-shock of a day long skirmish which i am going to play in a few days. I am going to keep you informed.

p.s. The nozzle head is the same in both scar and m4 so i ordered 2xNPAS kits and installed the valve in my m4 rod.

I assume that you need to have the CO2 conversion kit installed as the nozzle is different to the standard brass one i have in the M4.

if all it needs is the nozzle than I shall be ordering 2 asap one for the scar and one for the M4.

thanks.

@schaap. How does one get to the hop up

You need to remove the little plastic bumpers with three bolts in each on either side of the upper receiver using the star tool which is the fake plug at the front of the gas system and an allen key. This will then release the entire barrel assembly.

Edited by Monkeyboy

I just got my WE Scar today.

I have a problem in that with CO2 mags, the gun struggles to cycle. The recoil is at best half of what I get on the WE M4. The cycle action is so weak that the bolt won't lock back. With propane mag it's OK but not as strong as my AWSS WE M4 GBB. I tested the CO2 mag on my WE M4 and it rocks (i.e super fast cycle, hard recoil and very solid bolt lock-back after the last round) so the mag is fine.

Also the FPS with the CO2 is 299 whereas with the propane mag (at same temp) yields 350 fps. I made sure I used brand new CO2 capsules. I have now tested the rifle through four C02 capsules and get the same problem consistently with my other CO2 mags.

I suspect that the hammer spring on the SCAR is not strong enough to fully depress the CO2 mag gas release valve and so the gun is getting a smaller amount of gas for each shot.

Has anyone else found any similar issues with their SCAR? I have to say I really dissappointed :(

Edited by bbstriker
You need to remove the little plastic bumpers with three bolts in each on either side of the upper receiver using the star tool which is the fake plug at the front of the gas system and an allen key. This will then release the entire barrel assembly.

I will give it a shot when I have time. Thanks if I have any questions ill give you a pm or something.

Has anyone changed the pistol grip to something else? such as a MOE grip from magpul? thinking of doing that, its a pretty straight forward install isnt it?

Has anyone changed the pistol grip to something else? such as a MOE grip from magpul? thinking of doing that, its a pretty straight forward install isnt it?

I think someone did but I believe they had to use a real steel grip because of the width difference compared to AEGs

I just got mine today too. The propane mags have worked flawlessly although I don't have the CO2 so I can't comment on those. I couldn't believe how loud the thing is. Even without firing BBs the sound alone will work as suppresion fire. I cannot wait to skirmish with it on Sunday. Here are some pics.

Nice.

Would you mind taking another pic of your butt plate? Does your butt plate have extra molding in this area..

csadgf.jpg

Nice.

Would you mind taking another pic of your butt plate? Does your butt plate have extra molding in this area..

csadgf.jpg

Unfortunately its the exact same as yours except in black. I was hoping for the reinforced stock hinge since my serial # was at 572, but no luck. Have you seen any signs of cracking with yours yet? I've fired about 200 rounds and all parts still look brand new.

Unfortunately its the exact same as yours except in black. I was hoping for the reinforced stock hinge since my serial # was at 572, but no luck. Have you seen any signs of cracking with yours yet? I've fired about 200 rounds and all parts still look brand new.

I've fired many times more than that... and no damage yet. During the first 3 days I thought I saw cracking but it hasn't gotten worse since. I still have the new replacement.. haven't been used yet and is just sitting there on the side just in case...

But I never use c02... just GG.

I just got my WE Scar today.

I have a problem in that with CO2 mags, the gun struggles to cycle. The recoil is at best half of what I get on the WE M4. The cycle action is so weak that the bolt won't lock back. With propane mag it's OK but not as strong as my AWSS WE M4 GBB. I tested the CO2 mag on my WE M4 and it rocks (i.e super fast cycle, hard recoil and very solid bolt lock-back after the last round) so the mag is fine.

Also the FPS with the CO2 is 299 whereas with the propane mag (at same temp) yields 350 fps. I made sure I used brand new CO2 capsules. I have now tested the rifle through four C02 capsules and get the same problem consistently with my other CO2 mags.

I suspect that the hammer spring on the SCAR is not strong enough to fully depress the CO2 mag gas release valve and so the gun is getting a smaller amount of gas for each shot.

Has anyone else found any similar issues with their SCAR? I have to say I really dissappointed :(

I've worked what the problem is. It's the mags (i.e. mag lips) not being sufficiently connected with the blowback chamber thus leaking some gas that should be used for the blowback. If I firmly keep upward pressure on the mag, it all works OK.

So it could be the mag catch/release being marginally not low enough in the magwell or the mag lips not being tall enough to form a good seal with blowback chamber.

I have no such problem with my WE M4. What I have done is to place a thin slice of shrink-wrap on the top edge of each mag causing about 1mm extra height on the mag. The mags now insert more firmly and it all works!

Interestingly, the brand new propane mag that came with the scar seems to be oK- I didn't test it before because I want to sell it. Perhaps my mags which are a few months old may be ever so slightly shorter end-to-end or it simply could be the mag catch/release on the magwell being marginally out by about 1mm.

Just thought this might be of help to anyone else experiencing a similar problem.

Edited by bbstriker

So, are these skirmishable out of the box?

Considering getting one for a first GBB rifle.

What FPS could I see from C02 and Propane/green gas?

Is there anything to look out for when buying one? (older generations? problems etc?)

Also, how can you adjust the FPS?

I heard there is a way without buying anything but couldent find anything about it.

Only other way I found was to buy a RA Tech NAPS if I remember rightly.

Edited by Reppyboyo

That would be a definite YES. This was my first GBBR too. I bought the black V3 edition with 4 extra propane mags. I skirmished with mine yesterday and my only problem was one magazine failed to feed BBs because the feed spring got stuck. But, after a good hit too the helmet the problem was remedied.

Preformance wise the FPS was around 340 +-5 (green gas), and the accuracy and range was slightly better than my King Arms "MRF-RX Troy" M4, using .38 gram BBs. Although there is a break in period for the hop up(mine settled down after about 300 rounds). The recoil is a lot of fun, as well as the sound. I couldn't believe how loud the thing is. The bolt catch helps add to the realism factor, as well as the 30 round mag capacity, and zero delay in trigger response.

As far as longevity I have heard problems with the CO2 magazines breaking the stock hinges($10 @ Evike) and causing extra wear and tear, but that applies to all blowbacks. You also have to clean and oil after every skirmish since theres lots of metal moving around. Which to me is kind of fun to me because it feels like its one of my real steel rifles.

With my current FPS; accuracy and range are good enough not to bother with an NPAS or manual adjustment, so I can't comment on those.

I will warn you though that if you're not into realism and prefer to spray and pray then this is not the replica for you. Thirty rounds can go by real fast and if you don't plan ahead, reloading will get you shot. But if you're into MILSIM and not paintsoft, and can handle the extra responsibility of the added cleaning the by all means go for it. Once you play one game with a GBBR you will never want to go back to sewing machines.

• Like 1

Did you chrono with .2bb`s to get 340fps or with your .38`s?

I also read about the co2 problems but apparently this happens with green gas/propane as well, just not as fast.

Apparently there is a reinforced plate coming out?

Sounds great though, I really miss the sound and feel of paintball markers and Im hoping to get some of that back with a GBBR. :)

Did you chrono with .2bb`s to get 340fps or with your .38`s?

I also read about the co2 problems but apparently this happens with green gas/propane as well, just not as fast.

Apparently there is a reinforced plate coming out?

Sounds great though, I really miss the sound and feel of paintball markers and Im hoping to get some of that back with a GBBR. :)

I chroned mine with 0.2g BB's @13c and it was doing 340fps BUT at 22c it was doing 360 with 0.3g BB's so for the UK an NPAS system from ra-tech seems to be a sensible addition to the gun to allow use all year round -well nearly anyway!

The 340 FPS was with .2g BBs at a temperature of around 70F, or 21C. I know there's supposed to be a reinforced hinge plate coming out soon, I don't know when though. Until that happens I think of the plate as a consumable part, such as BBs or propane. If I have to spend $10 a year to buy replacement then so be it. I'm not going back to sewing machines.

I chroned mine with 0.2g BB's @13c and it was doing 340fps BUT at 22c it was doing 360 with 0.3g BB's so for the UK an NPAS system from ra-tech seems to be a sensible addition to the gun to allow use all year round -well nearly anyway!

What Im hoping for is it can be used allmost all year round.

Seems pointless to me to get a GBBR which is only effective for 3-4 months of a year.

Hence also wanting the co2 mags as co2 tends to be more consistent during winter than Green/propane.