The Most Ridiculous Things You've Ever Seen

08kecarv

As the title says, whats the most ridiculous thing you've ever seen in an airsoft game? Lets try keeping more along the lines of "wow, I can't believe that that just happened." Try not to post things like crazy shots and stuff as we already have a thread for that and more like things that pertain to poor sportsmanship, ridiculousity (yes I just made up that word ;) ), and straight up stupidity.

I'll start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a24GHX1_5OY...feature=related

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't say it was cool. Point of the thread is to post up the most ridiculous thing you've seen and that by FAR is the most ridiculous thing i've ever seen. That video right there basically sums up why I never do and never would play at Poweredge.

wait. u think thats cool? thats the dumbest thing i have ever seen.

Reading fail.

That video looked like the most non-fun airsoft game ever played.

I truly wish I had a photo, but for the ridiculosity category:

I have twice witnessed a player at my local site using an MP5K, modified with a PSG1 inner barrel and a 3-foot suppressor crafted from white plastic PVC pipe.

No there are, and the best part is is that the guys that were committing such stupid acts ARE the refs. The rules are whatever THEY say the rules are.... Hence why I'll never play there. EVER.

Oh I forgot to mention that the FPS limits are:

300 If you bought the gun from outside PE

Unlimited if you bought the gun from PE or got it upgraded by PE.

Crazy eh? :crazy:

looks like California is an awesome place for airsoft!

It absolutely is, but mostly outdoors. Indoor arenas are plagued by dumb kids, unless you reserve the field or show up with a big enough team to lay the smack down on offenders.

Straight up stupidity? You're gonna have to go quite some way to beat a mate of mine who ran through the middle of an Airsoft event wearing nowt more than combat boots, a full-face mask and a thong. Anyone who used to go to FireFight Reading up at Mapledurham will know who i'm talking about - and anyone who witnessed it is still probably trying to wash their eyeballs with Vim and a Brillo pad. :wacko:

looks like California is an awesome place for airsoft!

Power Edge is in Hawaii, not California. However stupidity is present in every state and around the world.

Airsoft in Hawaii is majority of the time quite different that in CONUS, they mainly play speed ball while the rest of the union participates in milsim or a loose form of it. The game is call "Hollywood Shootout" because one team is allowed full auto and the other is limited to semi.

And that fps regulation is not only stupid but dangerous. That must be one of the most dumbest rule I have ever heard of.

Power Edge is in Hawaii, not California. However stupidity is present in every state and around the world.

Airsoft in Hawaii is majority of the time quite different that in CONUS, they mainly play speed ball while the rest of the union participates in milsim or a loose form of it. The game is call "Hollywood Shootout" because one team is allowed full auto and the other is limited to semi.

And that fps regulation is not only stupid but dangerous. That must be one of the most dumbest rule I have ever heard of.

He basically just summed it up.

The milsim down here is dismal at best but I'm glad that at least they're trying.

You come here often Reincarnation?? :P

I stand corrected... :D

So, to my 'ridiculous thing'.

A few years ago at Epsom, a 4'9", sub 12yr old turned up in full tactical (inc gas mask, vest & helmet) black uniform, carrying an M60.

Yes, I promise, 4'9" with a full size replica M60!

This was both amusing & ridiculous: The kid could barely shoulder it & the site in question, is a very tight set of cqb tunnels, where short gun am best.

This story now goes from ridiculous to damn right astonishing:

It turned out that the kid had traveled from his home, dressed like that, carrying the gun, uncovered, over his shoulder. :o

This was between 7:30 & 9:30a.m. on a Saturday. He had apparently walked over a mile to his local station, got on a train to Epsom town center & walked through the town, to the site, in broad daylight. :unsure:

Remember this is London, England, a 'gun free country', where even (most of) the police don't carry side arms.

When the site operator found out, he was obviously distressed & contacted the kids parents to have 'little Johny' collected & removed from the venue.

It gets worse:

The parents refused to come, telling the site operator to let him continue playing & make his own way home!

The site operator, had to explain the ramifications, of him allowing a minor to carry a realistic imitation firearm, in public & threaten to call the police, before they decided to comply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greg.

Archived