New Pmags at waterloo

FireballPT

I ordered one directly from a distributor from another forum and when/if it gets here I'll try and post a fairly decent review. From my personal dealings with the States side distributor I paid $20 shipped for one FDE PMAG. Originally he offered the PMAG to me for $17. I'll keep you guys posted.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And? How were they?

Almost felt like a PTS PMAG, the color was black, So I cant speak for the FDE ones, I never got to feed the mag in any of my guns, but my bud used his last game and I don't "THINK" he had an issue. I would like to see the same company that made that mag make a 30 "STYLE" rnd midcap with no plastic rounds.

Almost felt like a PTS PMAG, the color was black, So I cant speak for the FDE ones, I never got to feed the mag in any of my guns, but my bud used his last game and I don't "THINK" he had an issue. I would like to see the same company that made that mag make a 30 "STYLE" rnd midcap with no plastic rounds.

If you couldn't get any of the mags to feed ... do you really want the same company to bother making regular 30 style mags? :huh:

Well I've ordered 5 of them in DE from Pro-T.

Came to just over £50 including the shipping to the UK. Will keep you all updated as to whether they work etc.

Oh, and just to add, its one of the best HK companies I've had the pleasure in dealing with. Great response time to emails, and it's written in proper english, rather than "And also visit the airsoft shopping we have four more greater products."

If you couldn't get any of the mags to feed ... do you really want the same company to bother making regular 30 style mags? :huh:

Seeming as how you wrote this at 3AM my time, I will just say you were tired :P So, maybe you could re-re-read?

I never got to feed the mag in any of my guns.

would certainly be interested in a review of these and if anyone gets chance finding out if they work in the magwells for an M4 conversion on the g36.

also what was the best way to get a proper shipping quote from PRO&T? email? any other sellers got them in yet?

cheers

millest

ask and you shall receive...

Well I have 20 Star Pmags which feed very well once I tinkered with them but I have been wanting some real PTS mags. But they were so expensive I couldn't justify spending double for an airsoft magazine when my real Pmags were only $12.95 each.

Well Bigdad had some PTS quality Pmags for like 17 a pop.

I decided to try some

First of all they look great! They are a bit rougher and have deeper ridges than the real Pmag but the polymer was very similar to the real deal.

Here is a comparison of the STAR FDE Pmag, Bigdad Mag and a real steel Pmag...

(excuse the pisspoor photography, I was in a hurry)

IMG_1066DesktopResolution.jpg

IMG_1067DesktopResolution.jpg

IMG_1070DesktopResolution.jpg

There were a couple of issues though...

They did not fit in My King Arms, Dboys, or KWA guns (that is every AR I have)

The MAg catch area was too long here is a comparison...

Star Pmag(8.02mm)

IMG_1071DesktopResolution.jpg

Bigdad Pmag (8.32mm)

IMG_1073DesktopResolution.jpg

So I took an exacto knife and cut off .3mm and that really helped the mag catch seat properly.

IMG_1070DesktopResolution-1.jpg

I also removed some material in the red areas to make teh mag go in and out more smoothly...

IMG_1074DesktopResolution.jpg

The only other issue I had was that they only hold 80 rounds and not the 120 rounds advertised. This was a bit disapointing because I wanted a higher capacity than my Star mags.

They do feed very well however so no complaints there.

And again they look great. Project FDE is going to be this much sweeter!!

IMG_3033DesktopResolution.jpg

IMG_3035DesktopResolution.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

That's not actually such a bad thing. As one of my friend's pointed out, most mags seat a bit low in his G&P guns. The modification seems simple and quick, and it's always easier to remove material than add it. The most important thing with these mags is that they're simple to modify and they feed well. The false advertizing of capacity is the only unfortunate aspect about them *, but then again they hold more than a standard cap mag ... and I used standards for YEARS before switching to midcaps. I can easily live with 80 rounders.

* well, that and that they're unauthorized even though they're made by A&K.

You might try breaking in the mags, fill them to 80 and leave them overnight and see if you can't get some more into them. Don't STAR have 75rd pmags out? So these aren't a whole lot more if you can't get the other 40 bb's in there but almost double the price per mag. Fake bullets are worth that much :P

You might try breaking in the mags, fill them to 80 and leave them overnight and see if you can't get some more into them. Don't STAR have 75rd pmags out? So these aren't a whole lot more if you can't get the other 40 bb's in there but almost double the price per mag. Fake bullets are worth that much :P

Except I've never had any success getting STAR PMAGs to feed well. Plus their quality leave a lot to be desired.

Archived