Read this thread before buying from them

Andrew March

please grow up

i don't agree with the way that one guy treated you but thats not a reason to insult the company

Of course it's a reason to insult the company, what reason would you like.

I think libelling me as a theif is reason enough thanks.

If you don't agree that's fine but don't defend a company who's employee publicly accuses their customer of extortion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have just ordered 800USD worth of items from them, all of which are in the UK at the moment (ordered last week)

2 via EMS and the last one i requested to send via UPS (which they did, due to be delivered tomorrow)

Only gripe is that they by default use EMS when posting..meaning that PARCELFARCE handles it here in UK..and as expected they are charging me a good £60 just to release my 2 parcels.

But otherwise I have had no problems with them.

Only gripe is that they by default use EMS when posting..meaning that PARCELFARCE handles it here in UK..and as expected they are charging me a good £60 just to release my 2 parcels.

Ain't it great? I just ordered from WGC and they charged me £30. Is this exclusive to EMS? As in, if parcels are sent by a different carrier (such as UPS like you said) will those extra charges be avoided?

Stu.

They are made more or less likely depending on the courier used.

If you use standard 7-10 day airmail (which is often cheaper) you are probably more likely not to have it customs'ed.

As for any other courier services, I don't know; its only been airmail and parcel farce for me, 90% stoppage-rate on the PF packages and 0% on the airmail.

Ain't it great? I just ordered from WGC and they charged me £30. Is this exclusive to EMS? As in, if parcels are sent by a different carrier (such as UPS like you said) will those extra charges be avoided?

Stu.

Ya parcelforce tend to charge exorbitant "handling fees", UPS tend to charge around £10. But thats alright cause UPS usually takes 3 days to get to me, whereas EMS/Parcelforce charge £13.50 and take 7-10 days to get to your doorstep. Those fee's are not including any potential VAT the package might incur..

I also find that parcelforce tend to overcharge VAT sometimes, might be something to do with their conversion rates or that they just look at the value and ignore currency, idk.

To avoid all these fees get your stuff sent via normal mail (7-14days) but I think AEG's cant be sent via this option.

• 1 month later...

Got to say I've been using them for over 6 years. Can't say I've ever had any major problem with them - minor funny stuff,

Scaring customs with an order for a lipo, lipo balance charger and lipo sack and listed as batteries rather then batteries & accessories [i can only imaging what that looked like on scaning :D ] and a small package of 3 or 4 pistols where the tracking number arrived after the pistols ;)

Archived